PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Postgame Presser Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that Moss has realized that there's a good chance there isn't going to BE a 2011 free agency period and that the next time he's on the open market will be the Spring of 2012 at the age of 35, following a new CBA.

Even if he has a great season that's 2 years older, at an age when few WRs perform well.

Once he understood that, then getting the guaranteed money of a contract extension in his pocket now probably became a priority, giving him the pocket change he needs to weather a lockout season.

So to me this new rhetoric is Moss backing off his earlier statement of being zen about heading into free agency. I'd think the Patriots may find that his contract demands may have dropped if they're interested in looking into this...

I'd re-sign Moss in a heartbeat if we knew there'd be a 2011 football season. Giving him a ton of money now, thereby eliminating his one and only incentive to play hard in 2010, and watching the Patriots invest in a 35 year old WR for the next season they may play is a questionable policy.

Listening to Tanguay hammer Randy on the radio made me want to put my fist through the radio into his face.

Gary, shutup, don't run our superstar out of town unless you have an adequate replacement for one of the greatest WRs in history. If I don't punch you, watch out for TB.

What? You're saying Welker is our number one?
Just because of today? And because of that, we won't pay Moss?

NO i never said the pats won't pay Moss, and im not saying Welker, is a better WR but Moss, dose want to have the big stats and he would love to have a new deal befor next year.

Finally got to see the transcript and a short clip on youtube and really don't see the huge deal.

Curran threw him a lifeline early on, and he didn't grasp that, either... This wasn't his press conference. This was the Patriots first post game press conference of the season after all the criticism and panning of everything from Belichick's drafting to the FO handling of negotiations to the talent of the secondary to the lack of pass rush, to how they would be lucky to make it as a wild card.... Even players in the locker room were stunned, off the record of course. Randy can blame the media all he wants. He remains his own worst enemy. I guess that's part of the reason why he fired the agent who had spent half Randy's lifetime trying to keep him on an even keel and put him in the right situations. Because - and he actually said it - he has a family to feed... If he wanted endorsements someone should have told him that like contract extensions this is not the way you get them, particularly not here... Tom has an 8 month old and a toddler at home to take care of and clean up after, BB has an entire organization to run. Both have had his back through thick and thin. They deserved better. Even Kraft has had his back, only to be stabbed in it twice in a week. This was not his first time talking. It was his third. It better be his last regardless of who says what about him going forward. This organization is all about accountability. Randy spent 14 minutes rambling about himself in some half baked attempt to pre empt any. While Wes Welker waited to say how thrilled he was to be back and how important football was to him and how his contract wasn't something he worried about because those things take care of themselves if you do your job.

Some of you need to enroll in enablers anonymous. Or stick to non team oriented passtimes like fantasy football.

People like you are exactly what Moss was talking about. I know that you get absolutely giddy everytime a player that you don't like missteps, but if anyone else was overreaching as far as you are I'd assume they were joking.

Listening to Tanguay hammer Randy on the radio made me want to put my fist through the radio into his face.

Gary, shutup, don't run our superstar out of town unless you have an adequate replacement for one of the greatest WRs in history. If I don't punch you, watch out for TB.

tanguay's passion is to talk about people who should go. 3 yrs ago he was discussing if it was terry francona's time to go, right after the yr they won the WS. at least he is consisent across sports.he is usless..

Seems to me that Moss has realized that there's a good chance there isn't going to BE a 2011 free agency period and that the next time he's on the open market will be the Spring of 2012 at the age of 35, following a new CBA.

Even if he has a great season that's 2 years older, at an age when few WRs perform well.

Once he understood that, then getting the guaranteed money of a contract extension in his pocket now probably became a priority, giving him the pocket change he needs to weather a lockout season.

So to me this new rhetoric is Moss backing off his earlier statement of being zen about heading into free agency. I'd think the Patriots may find that his contract demands may have dropped if they're interested in looking into this...

I'd re-sign Moss in a heartbeat if we knew there'd be a 2011 football season. Giving him a ton of money now, thereby eliminating his one and only incentive to play hard in 2010, and watching the Patriots invest in a 35 year old WR for the next season they may play is a questionable policy.

Huh? Are you saying that Moss' only incentive to play hard in 2010 is his next contract? Wasn't worded very clearly, so I want to make sure I'm not misreading that, because that's nuts.

Moss just wants to feel loved by the team, the fans, and not be ridiculed by the press all the time as it has emotionally caught up to him.

ALL FANS ATTENDING THE NEXT HOME GAME LET RANDY KNOW WE LOVE AND APPRECIATE HIM BEING IN NE!!!!!!!

randy's comments werent too bad IMO.just the timing was bad. we have wayne,welker etc who are waiting on contract extensions too but they didnt go up the podium and say it. i dont know if he meant what he said to have it turn out the way it did but thats his whole problem.

People like you are exactly what Moss was talking about. I know that you get absolutely giddy everytime a player that you don't like missteps, but if anyone else was overreaching as far as you are I'd assume they were joking.

QFT. Mo's WALLOFTEXT is what happens to people in that town whom read and hear negativity 24/7.

Glad people didn't keep spewing the same crap about Randy Moss sounding clinically depressed and having a meltdown (somewhere around page 7...)

I noticed that there are A lot of followers on this site....

Glad people didn't keep spewing the same crap about Randy Moss sounding clinically depressed and having a meltdown (somewhere around page 7...)

I noticed that there are A lot of followers on this site....

I think he is depressed TBH. We as fans need to show him he is wanted and appreciated here!.

Does it bother anyone else that, among athletes across the major sports, Boston has a reputation for being a miserable town to play in? Moss essentially voiced a sentiment that's been a running tradition for Boston stars dating back to Ted Williams, and maybe further: he loves playing for his Boston team, but he doesn't like playing for Boston (media and fans). I don't blame him, we seem to take a truly bizarre pride in tearing down our own. We've elevated petty vindictiveness against our players to some kind of a trollish art form. Never understood it, never will.

Back in the Bill Russell era it was largely a race thing, and some would say that that still factors in, I don't think that's a fair way to frame it up (although I do wonder why Maroney's 'made of glass' and Edelman's considered superman). I think it's more a case of the medium becoming the message, and all of the negatives that come with that territory. Boston's a big, competitive market, and people (Bostonians, in particular) flock to negativity. Luckily the Pats, Celtics and Sox are all coached by exceptional motivators who are good at preserving team unity. That's what's necessary for teams to succeed in Boston.

Last edited:
I think he is depressed TBH. We as fans need to show him he is wanted and appreciated here!.

Can't really blame him. If I had "fans" of mine calling me Fido and dog faker during my only bad game in 3 years, I'd feel like crap too. About 100 things happen on the field that most message board posters or media wannabes don't realize.

Can't really blame him. If I had "fans" of mine calling me Fido and dog faker during my only bad game in 3 years, I'd feel like crap too. About 100 things happen on the field that most message board posters or media wannabes don't realize.

At one point during the PC, I honestly wondered if he'd stumbled across the dog-faker thread. The idea that some players might have actually read a thread or two on this forum makes me feel bad about all the guys that I've been critical of.

Last edited:
At one point during the PC, I honestly wondered if he'd stumbled across the dog-faker thread. The idea that some players might have actually read a thread or two on this forum makes me feel bad about all the guys that I've been critical of.

I can assure you players read message boards. High school college and pros it doesn't matter a lot of them read stuff posted.

I can assure you players read message boards. High school college and pros it doesn't matter a lot of them read stuff posted.

Well, damn. If there are any players reading this one, you guys did a kickass job today, and don't let the media wear you down. For all of the fans that buy this crap, there are just as many that know better.

Last edited:
Moss doesnt need a shrink or isnt depressed
hes spoiled and wants a new contract and big money- not that he shouldnt ask for one b ut its just the way he goes about it--
i wouldnt give out anymore than a one year offer
if he wants multi year- then goodbye- he aint getting any younger

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case