PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Postgame Presser Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bottom line is that he got a little ticked off with all the negative crap about his "unhappy" comments and he wanted to nip it in the bud. He states that he wanted to get this out of the way now as he will not be talking to the media at all the rest of the season. He basically just wants to let it be known that when he has a bad game in the future it isn't going to be because he's "quitting" and "unhappy". Nevertheless, the media will still make it out to be that way. But at least Moss got his audio out to his fans which IMO is what he wanted to do. Now he'll be in silence the rest of the season while the media bashes him through the microscope while on their high horse.

Anyway, I don't expect the Moss hate to ever stop. The Boston media will do their best to run him out of town ala Nomar, Pedro, Manny and anyone else that dared not bow to them.

Ok, Moss wants to stay with Patriots. He is 33, and probably wants 3-4yr contract. I'd say give it to him, but guarentee only 1yr..

Sounds like a man that really wants to be here and he's not sure how to put "give me an extention please" into words so he's using the media. Probably the first time he's wanted to stay somewhere. Sign him up another year or 3. I REALLY doubt having moss next year could be looked at as a bad thing. I imagine moss at 40 will still be better then half the wr's in the nfl at the time.

I think to really appreciate how odd it seemed at the time, you really had to see it live, right after the game. It just seemed so out of place after such a terrific win and he didn't really seem to have a clear statement.

Now, a few hours later, yeah, it is what it is. Not a meltdown, but not cohesive.

Like most fans here I do want Randy to succeed; I see the players repeatedly say what a great teammate he is and I believe them. Speaking at a podium is not among his many gifts, and he or someone close should know that by now. My worry now is that he went too far on Kraft, in describing their relationship, saying he mostly sees Kraft there on weekends and not seeing it as a big deal that he kept his earbuds on and playing while The Boss spoke at a kickoff charity event. The Mankins news today shows how well that goes over; if Randy really does want to stay (I've convinced he does), the fence-mending is all on him.

Ok, Moss wants to stay with Patriots. He is 33, and probably wants 3-4yr contract. I'd say give it to him, but guarentee only 1yr..

Unless the CBA changes salaries arent guaranteed in the NFL

After reading the story for the 5th time I have come to the conclusion that Randy Moss really, really, really wants to remain a Patriot, so much so that he's going at great length to articulate (poorly I might add) that in the press.

he probably saw the team talk to brady/mankins/gost/vince and wonderign when they will talk to him...
i think the kraft comment about being 'fair' and not being around the team was something he couldve left out. but he doesnt know how to say anything different than what he knows/thinks.

I love Randy, one of my favorite players in the league. It would be nice if he kept this within the organization though.

For him to come out and say this right after a great opening day victory shows me he's been thinking about this and planned this well before the start of the game. Not good. Hopefully he will have his mind focused on the game next week seeing as he is up against Revis.

I'm with Brady, though, I want him back here for a few more years. I don't understand why New England can't just give him a 2 year extension right now. I think he would accept it.

I'm okay with giving WRs who take great care of their bodies and don't absorb a ton of contact extensions that go into their mid-late 30s. Worst comes to worst, HGH is a hell of a thing.

Last edited:
I didn't have a huge problem with what he was saying, except he said it poorly and the timing was abysmal.

After this Mankins thing, everyone is walking on eggshells around Kraft. Jeez, now things look bad if people characterize their relationship as only fair with him. if any of this is even remotely true, Kraft needs to take a step back. I don't think Kraft is making the decisions though (well, in the case of Mankins maybe) but jeez, wow, this is becoming a soap opera with the hurt feelings on the Patriots.

I love Randy, one of my favorite players in the league. It would be nice if he kept this within the organization though.

For him to come out and say this right after a great opening day victory shows me he's been thinking about this and planned this well before the start of the game. Not good. Hopefully he will have his mind focused on the game next week seeing as he is up against Revis.

I'm with Brady, though, I want him back here for a few more years. I don't understand why New England can't just give him a 2 year extension right now. I think he would accept it.

From wiki:

On February 28, 2008, Moss became a free agent after the Patriots decided not to place the franchise tag on Moss. Although the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers were rumored to have interest in Moss,[37] he decided to return to the Patriots, signing a three-year, $27 million deal on March 3, 2008.[38] The contract included a $12 million dollar signing bonus, and a total of $14.1 million guaranteed.[39]

So, he is making 9m this year. If you give him a contract, how much do you want to give him?

Remember back in 06 when Pedro came back with the Mets? CHB spent like an entire week trying to get people to boo Pedro, fortunately it failed miserably.

Yeah, fortunately the fans as a whole usually get it right. Although I think they were split with Manny's return. And CHB got so ridiculous at one point that I think people generally pay absolutely 0 attention to him these days. I hear his name more in jokes about him than anything he says/writes these days :p

99-00 was the greatest stretch any pitcher has ever had and I am glad I got to witness it and it was for the home team :D

Pisses me off everytime Sox fans boo Manny. Guy wins a World Series MVP for us, apologized for how things ended with the team, and that's boo-worthy how? As negative as the media is, way too many of the fans just eat it all up. I'm glad that Randy called out a lot of the fans in that way, although it's not going to win him any PR points.

Manny is a lot like Moss in the sense that they really rather the media just leave them the F alone, and they never would. It's sad, I used to like sports radio but never again, not in Boston. In the Manny situation, it's really hard for the fans not to eat it up. They got bombarded from only one side constantly.

I dont think its a disruption to the team at all. He called out the media and the medias got their panties in a bunch and they in turn have got some fans riled. This is a non event except for the likes of Felger

Agreed. But it becomes something else if it continues. That's why I'd let it go now.

Sounds like a man that really wants to be here and he's not sure how to put "give me an extention please" into words so he's using the media. Probably the first time he's wanted to stay somewhere. Sign him up another year or 3. I REALLY doubt having moss next year could be looked at as a bad thing. I imagine moss at 40 will still be better then half the wr's in the nfl at the time.

Exactly, this was just his way of saying "I WANT TO STAY"

He wants to retire a Patriot and he wants a damn ring and he knows this is the place for it.

Randy's presence makes everyone on the offense, that much better, he opens up so much of the field for everyone else. If we lose Randy, what will happen to this offense ? Tate becomes our #1 on the outside ? I mean nothing against Tate, but he's not that, maybe in a few years he can approach it, but not now and not next year. Randy moving on would hurt us in alot of ways. Please Robert, get the dialogue going with Randy so that he doesn't have to resort to trying to use a post presser to get his feelings across.

Last edited:
From wiki:

On February 28, 2008, Moss became a free agent after the Patriots decided not to place the franchise tag on Moss. Although the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers were rumored to have interest in Moss,[37] he decided to return to the Patriots, signing a three-year, $27 million deal on March 3, 2008.[38] The contract included a $12 million dollar signing bonus, and a total of $14.1 million guaranteed.[39]

So, he is making 9m this year. If you give him a contract, how much do you want to give him?

I have no idea, and it's not my responsibility to figure that out. All I know is that he's transformed this offense into one of the best in the NFL, and losing him would be a huge blow to the team.

After listening to the portion of his PC on nfl.com, i am troubled by his statement that this will be his last year as a Patriot. (think the nfl.com heading also says the same.)

Cheer up RM, things are far worse around the world. Hope the Pats give you a fair contract and you retire as a Patriot after a few SB rings. :)

I think to really appreciate how odd it seemed at the time, you really had to see it live, right after the game. It just seemed so out of place after such a terrific win and he didn't really seem to have a clear statement.

I think he felt it was the one placed that would be aired for him to actually be heard (not read with twisted words). He said he's not talking to the media at all the rest of the season, so that was it. His message to his fans to clear up the spin on the "unhappy" comment now rather than have to come out and clarify it in week 11 after a bad game. He's just nullifying the media's card that they want to play at the first sight of a "bad" game.

Can someone find anyone in the NE media who puts Randy down or talks about him being bad for the Pats? I can't believe he would go on a rant about maybe one of thousands of articles that maybe talk bad about him.

He says he wants his boss to tell him he does a good job, which BB always does publicly. I just don't get what his point is. Even when he started that silence the critics TD celebration dance did anyone know who he's silencing? Everyone talks about the guy like he's a HoFer.

As far as his next contract the Patriots would be silly not to offer him something. If he really does like being here hopefully they can work it out. At least he seems focused on doing his job.

If what we have heard is true then Kraft is becoming Jerry Jones/ Dan Snyder......pure garbage. And if so, he will run BB off

Jesus. You F****** Girls here are worse than the media.

I read the transcript, and it sounds like he is referring more to the media than he is anything else. That and some chicken**** fans that wouldn't have the ***sack to say some of the things they say to his face.

He ain't "clinically" depressed. He isn't causing a distraction. He just has an odd way of relaying his thoughts.

Go read the transcript. Stop being such drama queens ie; "meltdown....needs a shrink......distraction...etc".

Moss is fine and will be paid sooner rather than later. A majority of you, on the other hand, need a box of tampax.

Sums up my sentiment. Pay the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back