PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Postgame Presser Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks the link SVN.

Brown's comment sums what I, and I suspect many of us Moss sympathizers, feel:

"...Brown said the timing of Moss' comments "kind of sucked," but that he agrees with some of what the receiver said."

I'm a Moss fan and agree that Brown was right on the basics. Really bad timing given the team and Welker's return day. But who would disagree with a guy who likes the team, WANTS an extension contract to play here and who GUARANTEED that he'd give his very best thru any remaining contract?

That said, Randy is very insecure and self absorbed (not news for most WRs) and did not help his case for a contract for Krafts millions by rambling on and on after the team's great start to the season.

Last edited:
I'm a Moss fan and agree that Brown was right on the basics. Really bad timing given the team and Welker's return day. But who would disagree with a guy who likes the team, WANTS an extension contract to play here and who GUARANTEED that he'd give his very best thru any remaining contract?

That said, Randy is very insecure and self absorbed (not news for most WRs) and did not help his case for a contract for Krafts millions by rambling on and on after the team's great start to the season.

Yup! Hopefully Kraft ignores his childish remarks and offers him a fair contract.

I also wished he didn't say this right at the first PC after the team's impressive victory. As Mo pointed out, it wasn't his personal PC and it was at the team's PC; no doubt left a bad taste on everyone trying to savor the nice W.

Hope Moss gives no more PC and let all his talking on the field. I'll be rooting for him.

GO PATS!!

I still don't get why so many peole are saying he is self absorbed.He was asked about it he didn't just start talking about it I get he should have said less but he was given a chance to speak his mind about the situation and doesn't during the week.

If he would have done during the week this board would have ripped into huim even harder then after he was asked the question.

I have no doube the Krafts are going to offer him a deal and i wouldn't be shocked if it was before or during the bye week. It's win-win Randy wants to be here and he is still great and cause he wants to stay here he would more then likely take a SMALL hometown discount

I think Randy could use a good dose of Moss chants, posters, and those masks of his for the next Home game.

After listening to Moss' press conference twice and clips multiple times, I am sorry I still cannot find a way to defend him. Although I think the media are blowing several quotes out of proportion, there is no excuse for him to have this stream of conscious tirade on the heels of an impressive Patriots victory. If he wanted to do this during the week, I wouldn't have had a problem. But this guy made the entire victory about him and his situation which is a shame.

I don't think we will see the Randy Moss of the past who quit on his teammates. I think he is older and wiser than that and he also knows that after watching TO struggle to find work the last two years that he cannot be an arse and expect teams to pay him like he could get away with in his mid to late 20s.

I just wish Randy would just shut up and play out his contract and we all can move on next year or he might be back if he cannot find a better deal elsewhere. Hopefully he will see how he blew up the situation yesterday and do what he had done for the first three years here - shut up.

Nice summation. As for what happens next, I hope you are right, as I'm sure Tom and Bill do to...the problem is they can't count on it. Last season Tom spent the last month and a half imploring his teamates commit to the team and winning and to be mentally tough and rise above whatever ailed them physically, emotionally, mentally. Last night he noted Welker is the most mentally tough player he's ever been around. That's why Wes is back. It is that mental toughness that carries teams to championships when little around them seems to be cooperating. Call it whatever you want, will to win, singlemindedness, selfless determination...

I still don't get why so many peole are saying he is self absorbed.He was asked about it he didn't just start talking about it I get he should have said less but he was given a chance to speak his mind about the situation and doesn't during the week.

If he would have done during the week this board would have ripped into huim even harder then after he was asked the question.

I have no doube the Krafts are going to offer him a deal and i wouldn't be shocked if it was before or during the bye week. It's win-win Randy wants to be here and he is still great and cause he wants to stay here he would more then likely take a SMALL hometown discount

That is a decent rationalization of Randy's bizzare behaviour. Were he to bring this stuff up during the week folks would have rightly criticized him for taking the focus away from the Bengals. Post game is the hiatus before the next oponnent proparations. That conceded, I'm with Troy Brown that the timing STILL sucked. Work contracts thru your agent, not via the media. Yesterday diminished his chances of being offered a new contract. Makes the potential investor nervous.

Last edited:

No, he just started talking about it, no one asked him to. Did they then follow up on the same topic he chose to open his appearance at the post game press conference with in a 2 minute monologue, um...yeah. Did they give him an opportunity to change gears or abruptly walk away as he often has in his usually brief appearances, yup. Did he take the lifelines...nope. He was a man on a mission, and the mission was getting his message out. Is this the first time the poor guy has had an opportunity to address the fans and media this season...no. Is this the first time he's spoken of his contract concerns this season...no, again. But it seems to make many of you feel better to try and convince yourself and others that's the case...

Last edited:
That is a decent rationalization of Randy's bizzare behaviour. Were he to bring this stuff up during the week folks would have rightly criticized him for taking the focus away from the Bengals. Post game is the hiatus before the next oponnent proparations. That conceded, I'm with Troy Brown that the timing STILL sucked. Work contracts thru your agent, not via the media. Yesterday diminished his chances of being offered a new contract. Makes the potential investor nervous.

The sad part is he did bring it up during the week and when the writer he spoke to (whom he tried to throw under that bus where all his critics are tossed) wrote a piece quoting him all his enablers here pointed their damn media finger at that guy for trying to stir up trouble...LOL

After listening to Moss' press conference twice and clips multiple times, I am sorry I still cannot find a way to defend him. Although I think the media are blowing several quotes out of proportion, there is no excuse for him to have this stream of conscious tirade on the heels of an impressive Patriots victory. If he wanted to do this during the week, I wouldn't have had a problem. But this guy made the entire victory about him and his situation which is a shame.

He didn't make **** about himself. The press asked him a question, and he answered it honestly. That should be admired.

If he wanted to do this during the week, I wouldn't have had a problem. But this guy made the entire victory about him and his situation which is a shame.

I think it is the exact opposite. This was the ONLY time he could get his piece out. The only distraction when talking about it after the victory is to the fans. Talk about it during the week and you are distracting the team from preparing for the next opponent.

He just needs to use social media (e.g. twitter) to reach out to his fans and never talk with the media again IMO.

Last edited:
I think Randy could use a good dose of Moss chants, posters, and those masks of his for the next Home game.

Unless you think Bill and Robert will agree to wear them and lead the chants while waving a contract, it isn't going to matter. And that isn't going to happen. This isn't about fans, he believes real fans love him. It isn't even about the media, because he claims he doesn't care what they think. This is about not feeling appreciated by his bo$$e$ despite them repeatedly defending him against all critics. He said so last spring. Nothing happened. He said so again last Monday. Not a word. So he said so again last night...and while he says this is the last time he will speak on the matter, don't bet on it.

No, he just started talking about it, no one asked him to. Did they then follow up on the same topic he chose to open his appearance at the post game press conference with in a 2 minute monologue, um...yeah. Did they give him an opportunity to change gears or abruptly walk away as he often has in his usually brief appearances, yup. Did he take the lifelines...nope. He was a man on a mission, and the mission was getting his message out. Is this the first time the poor guy has had an opportunity to address the fans and media this season...no. Is this the first time he's spoken of his contract concerns this season...no, again. But it seems to make many of you feel better to try and convince yourself and others that's the case...

Taking fandom out of the equation, who exactly does Moss' words directly affect after a game? I can assure you the players don't care about being praised for their play in the papers all week. I can assure you the players aren't desperate for people to only talk about the good things and the victory. I can assure you it will not affect gameplanning for the Jets. What exactly is the problem here, aside from fans being upset that they have to listen/read about it rather than read/listen about the terrific victory?

Last edited:

I dunno, I don't think Moss' words were a negotiating/contract strategy. IMO it was a simple case of wanting to clear up all the accusations of him going to turn into the "bad" Randy because he's "unhappy", now rather than hear them in week 12 as soon as he has a less than stellar game. I'm sure that a lot of us have felt under-appreciated at our jobs at one point or another in our lives, while still doing our damn job.

I dunno, I don't think Moss' words were a negotiating/contract strategy. IMO it was a simple case of wanting to clear up all the accusations of him going to turn into the "bad" Randy because he's "unhappy", now rather than hear them in week 12 as soon as he has a less than stellar game. I'm sure that a lot of us have felt under-appreciated at our jobs at one point or another in our lives, while still doing our damn job.

Yes. He started out trying to do what you say but as his own worst enemy he took more and more rope (despite those press giving him opportunities to toss it back) went on and on into other topics and may well have hung himself a bit over short term contract chances.

hes a typical diva receiver. he considers a contract offer during the offseason a slap in the face? give me a break. turn in your helmet randy and gtfo. you cant be gone soon enough for me. the pats won before you and they will win without your sorry crying ass.

Last edited:
First and foremost, I root for the laundry. If they're wearing the uniform, then I'll hope they help the team win. That being said, when this guy is gone from the roster, I won't miss him. He's so not a Boston type of guy. We love guys that lay out for the ball, dig in the corners, scrap, hustle, shut their mouths, play hard, and most importantly, don't whine. This guy, for all his talent, is a whiner. He's not a terrible person or anything, but I really won't miss him when he's gone.

I think Randy could have picked a better time to air this all out but I don't see the problem with what he said.

And Moss is what he is .... a HOF receiver and not a toastmaster's candidate. Who gives a flying F how he speaks during a PC? All I care about is what he does to opposing defensive coordinators and defenders out on the field.

I so hope Krafty gives Moss all of Mankins money to keep him here until retirement.

At least he didn't call Kraft a liar. Sounds to me like he's speaking from the heart. I hope he and the Pats can work something out, because I would really like to see him stay a Patriot for a few more years. I actually love the guy.

I think Randy could have picked a better time to air this all out but I don't see the problem with what he said.

And Moss is what he is .... a HOF receiver and not a toastmaster's candidate. Who gives a flying F how he speaks during a PC? All I care about is what he does to opposing defensive coordinators and defenders out on the field.

I so hope Krafty gives Moss all of Mankins money to keep him here until retirement.

I hear you but also look at what else he said (someone had this posted in the earlier pages): He specifically pointed out that he wouldn't want to talk about this after a bad game and that he is done talking about it. So, I can see why he preferred to get this over with with the very first game. Hopefully he doesn't talk about it anymore.

Unlike others, I think he has slogged and continues to slog for the team. In fact, I am bemused that some imply that his presence on the O has not been that significant.

He just needs to use social media (e.g. twitter) to reach out to his fans and never talk with the media again IMO.

Makes perfect sense, but then you have to ask why Moss is doing this. He isn't an idiot so he has a goal. I only see one reasonable possibility at this point...Moss is desperate to stay in NE beyond this year. Consider:

- The Pats should have a reasonable cast of receivers next year without him. Price is a gameday inactive this year but with reasonable development could be pushing for time next year.

- The Pats have 4 top 60 picks next year with a boatload of top WRs likely available in the 2011 draft.

- Lots of players have received big money and the next CBA may have a cap that will prevent another big deal (or Mankins may sneak in soon and be the last one).

Nobody is talking to Moss about his future in NE and he can see the writing on the wall. If he were all about the money, he would be fine hitting the open market and signing a big deal to play with any number of rising QBs for the next 3-4 years. But that isn't the case.

Seems clear to me that Moss REALLY wants to be with the Pats (and Brady specifically) after this year. Whether it is his personal comfort level or him considering his legacy, he wants to make sure a Moss-less 2011 doesn't become a foregone conclusion (even as he proclaims that it is). I really can't blame him even though his approach isn't optimal for him or the team. I just think he feels helpless and doesn't know what else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back