PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mike and the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, of course. It's more fun than riding a roller coaster WHILE getting a B.J. from Carmen Electra at the same time.

That may well be true, but I sure wish I had that frame of reference.

Been listening to Mike and Mike for many many years. It's no secrety that Greeny is a Jets homer. He doesn't hide it. And there were a lot of "experts" that picked the Jets to win the division and the Pats to slide. To be honest I didn't expect us to do this well so far and I'm sure a lot of you agree.

Entering the season didn't exactly give us all tons of confidence, especially when we lost Bodden and Warren. With all the rookies and UFAs on our team it would have been almost impossible to predict us to do this well.

Mike and Mike just previewed the Pats. They were not very impressed with our club. Greenberg has us at 8-8.
What does Mike Greenberg know about football? Mike Greenberg is just another pathetic Jest fan with delusions of grandeur!

I find it ridiculous how people love to jump on the media over predictions. Who cares if they think the Pats won't win, if they have a reasonable logic behind it (not just hate). It would be truly ridiculous if everyone picked the Pats. It is almost guaranted that the vast majority of predictions will be wrong no matter who they pick, the NFL isn't that predictable.

Greenberg today was talking about how smart Belichick and the Patriots are and how much grudging admiration he has for them (he used those exact words). He played the clip of Brady repeating Belichick's statement about how "we haven't won anything yet, the season starts at Thanksgiving."

sorry, no. what ever happened to the media's impartiality? zero integrity. he is just the tip of the iceBERG when it comes to espn and their blind bias for the jets or anything ny. i've seen this since the mid 80's when latent ny'ers started flooding the cable airwaves. think of it in the same context as the sunday morning bible frauds. preaching the gospel with one hand and paying hookers with the other. that's espn.

Greenberg talks out of both sides of his skinny, pencil necked geek mouth...Patriot fans and the Patriots organization don't need any of his "grudging" anything...just shut your punk NY mouth and keep it shut until you ACTUALLY have something to flap your stupid gums over...I hope these past few weeks have caused him as much distress as possible....and as far as why HE is even a celebrity, all I have to say is somebody must have been on vacation when HE was hired...what was the highlight of his resume...nasally voiced Daffy Duck looking skinny twerp talks NY sports? Great...what a marketing strategy by FESPN

Last edited:
Greenberg talks out of both sides of his skinny, pencil necked geek mouth...Patriot fans and the Patriots organization don't need any of his "grudging" anything...just shut your punk NY mouth and keep it shut until you ACTUALLY have something to flap your stupid gums over...I hope these past few weeks have caused him as much distress as possible....and as far as why HE is even a celebrity, all I have to say is somebody must have been on vacation when HE was hired...what was the highlight of his resume...nasally voiced Daffy Duck looking skinny twerp talks NY sports? Great...what a marketing strategy by FESPN

joker , you and i are in simpatico when it comes to those loser ny homers. F that.

look, I got plenty of good friends that live in the NYC area and Jersey...about half Giant/half Jet...and we constantly war..for years and years...and we spend time with each other's family on vacations,and do business and help each other out like any group of friends do...I can't say one of them likes this clown...he evokes this "I wanna wring his neck" response when he opens his yap...then there's another entire segment of New Yorkers that feel he's their standard bearer...whatever...

I loved when Robert Kraft gave greenie a Brady game shirt and he wore it. That was the Friday before the massacre @ Foxborough.

sorry, no. what ever happened to the media's impartiality? zero integrity. he is just the tip of the iceBERG when it comes to espn and their blind bias for the jets or anything ny. i've seen this since the mid 80's when latent ny'ers started flooding the cable airwaves. think of it in the same context as the sunday morning bible frauds. preaching the gospel with one hand and paying hookers with the other. that's espn.

Media impartiality? They're entertainers, not reporters. I don't know why so many of you struggle with this concept.

If you want impartiality stick to beat reporters.

It's like expecting impartiality from a columnist like Paige or Borges. They aren't paid to be impartial they are paid to say things that will entice readers, through positive or negative feelings, to keep reading.

I give Greenie credit. He is just as biased as everyone else, but he wears his bias on his sleeve. I will take a selfproclaimed Jets homer anyday over a guy like Marshall Faulk who clearly has an agenda against the Pats, but tries to act like he is being objective. Faulk would pick the Washington Generals over the Patriots and pretend that he has an unbiased, fact supported analysis to support that pick.

Everyone knows Greenie is a Jets homer. It is part of his on air schtick. Give me that over a hidden (or poorly hidden) agenda anyday.

I give Greenie credit. He is just as biased as everyone else, but he wears his bias on his sleeve. I will take a selfproclaimed Jets homer anyday over a guy like Marshall Faulk who clearly has an agenda against the Pats, but tries to act like he is being objective. Faulk would pick the Washington Generals over the Patriots and pretend that he has an unbiased, fact supported analysis to support that pick.

Everyone knows Greenie is a Jets homer. It is part of his on air schtick. Give me that over a hidden (or poorly hidden) agenda anyday.

Exactly. Not to mention that the rage of some of the posters here over a radio show is a little bizarre.

look, I got plenty of good friends that live in the NYC area and Jersey...about half Giant/half Jet...and we constantly war..for years and years...and we spend time with each other's family on vacations,and do business and help each other out like any group of friends do...I can't say one of them likes this clown...he evokes this "I wanna wring his neck" response when he opens his yap...then there's another entire segment of New Yorkers that feel he's their standard bearer...whatever...

FYI that there is a different segment that doesn't think he's our standard bearer... whatever...and no, most aren't Jets fans. We are just football fans and follow different teams with a passion but still like his show, his open Jet-fan admission notwithstanding, compared to the other obnoxious morons mouthing their opinions as so-called impartial commentary.

maybe you should listen to it to see how bad or good it is before trashing him. Bet that with your homerism, you would refuse to listen to anyone outside the NE area. :D Just kidding.

Sorry to hear that plenty of your good friends in the NYC/NJ area have such a terrible thought about a radio host personality. I hope they were joking about it, just like your ID.

And to the other dude who hates NY and anything to do with the city and its residents: whew...what to say, other than try to be a bit tolerant and see how nice life becomes. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore