PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mike and the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cromartie has been the best defensive player in camp. I look forward to posting this quote mid season. ;)

Cromartie is a gambler who in San Deigo gave up as many or more big plays than he made. Sanchez is not a great passer (he might become one, but he has yet to show he can consistently sling the ball around without making mistakes) and many of his INTs last years were gifts to the other team they were poorly thrown. I wouldn't read too much into training camp.

Cromartie is a "lockdown" CB to those delusional rejects.

Yes, over the last two year, teams have locked down on Cromartie and gotten big plays off of him. Cromartie may get a decent amount of INTs this year, but I bet he will give up as many big plays or more.

Cromartie has been the best defensive player in camp. I look forward to posting this quote mid season. ;)
Its not my fault he sucks. I can't wait to see you post the links that tell me Cromartie has been the best defensive player in camp. Let me guess, posts on Jets Insider???????

Its not my fault he sucks. I can't wait to see you post the links that tell me Cromartie has been the best defensive player in camp. Let me guess, posts on Jets Insider???????

NY Dailey News did actually write that today

NY Dailey News did actually write that today
That is one comment from one reporter. I'm not impressed. And if a corner cant look good against those QBs God help him.

Hey guys, I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I've been waiting all season to bump this back up and I think now is a good time since it's Jets week and also since the Pats have already surpassed the predicted win total.

Let's all take a look back and listen to this gem by a Pats hater/Jets fan:

ESPN Radio

"If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I'm going to predict the Patriots go 8-8 this year and clearly miss the playoffs"

It's not just the prediction that bugs me, it's the way he said it, with his comments dripping with arrogance/haughty attitude.

Well Mr Greenberg, we're waiting...:D

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I've been waiting all season to bump this back up and I think now is a good time since it's Jets week and also since the Pats have already surpassed the predicted win total.

ESPN Radio

It's not just the prediction that bugs me, it's the way he said it, with his comments dripping with arrogance/haughty attitude.

lol great first post!

ESPN Radio

Typical of a New York Sports Fan. Nothing more than an ignorant, arrogant, pompous NY Jets Fan.

I agree!

I thought of emailing him about this quote now but think it will be better next Tuesday, hopefully after we have the W. :)

Yes.... this.

It would have been better if he had said that he would leave the sports journalism profession. Like I said in my first post, I'm only going to go in the exact opposite direction that Greenberg is. He is absolutely terrible.

Rex Ryan's Gut made some brutally awful predictions in this thread too. Would it be possible to un-ban him after the season is over so he can eat his words? We all know that he at least lurks here.

It would have been better if he had said that he would leave the sports journalism profession. Like I said in my first post, I'm only going to go in the exact opposite direction that Greenberg is. He is absolutely terrible.

Rex Ryan's Gut made some brutally awful predictions in this thread too. Would it be possible to un-ban him after the season is over so he can eat his words? We all know that he at least lurks here.

He was banned? Man, and I was waiting for him to come back and eat some crow. The best part is his prediction will probably be undone with his team being the loser.

Only Roger "I bleed green and white and not just because I have the clap" Goddell is a bigger Jets fan than Mike " Never got a job without my Dad's help" Greenberg.

Last edited:
He was banned? Man, and I was waiting for him to come back and eat some crow. The best part is his prediction will probably be undone with his team being the loser.

He got banned because his thick skin finally wore off and he went the way of the troll. I was surprised too. He said one time that he posted mostly from work and I, in turn, asked him how he was allowed to post from work because I didn't think that McDonald's gave their employees access to the internet. Instead of getting pissed, he made a crack about the economy and doing what he needed to do. It was good stuff.

I agree!

I thought of emailing him about this quote now but think it will be better next Tuesday, hopefully after we have the W. :)
When you do, I can predict Man-girl's response: "That prediction was made long before we found out they're cheating again." And then his partner, Meatball, will nod knowingly...

I put the Patriots just behind the Jets in my power rankings---Until someone actually stops the CURRENT Patriot offense, they are among the best five teams in football. As a Jet fan, I know we will not be playing the same offense we played in the early part of the season. They look unstoppable to me---but watch Revis Island and Cro-Magnon man. They are the key.

Those guys do a national show that is a forum for espn personalities (some good, some not so good), mixed in w/some light comedy and generic sports talk. And for that, I actually think they're pretty good. Greenberg doesn't hide his Jets' fandom, and doesn't come across like a jerk about it. As for predictions, I think they're they first to say they suck at them. So, I think they're actually OK.

OT, I happened to turn on Colin Cowherd's show on TV the other day. Now THAT guy's an idiot, and truly weird looking. He looks like he's from Lord of the Rings or something.

I put the Patriots just behind the Jets in my power rankings---Until someone actually stops the CURRENT Patriot offense, they are among the best five teams in football. As a Jet fan, I know we will not be playing the same offense we played in the early part of the season. They look unstoppable to me---but watch Revis Island and Cro-Magnon man. They are the key.

The problem with Revis and Cromartie is that their strength is shutting down big outside, down the field WRs (Moss, Megatron, Andre Johnson, etc.). Both are not strong against smaller, quick route running WRs which is what Branch and Welker are. Revis admits that covering guys like Welker isn't his strong suit.

People biatch on this board that the Pats only have small CB, but having big CBs like Revis and Cromartie doesn't match up well with a team like the Pats because they beat WRs by battling it out down the sidelines or over the middle on deep routes where they don't have to change direction quickly. Small guys can get away from bigger CBs with quick changes of directions which big CBs struggle to keep their coverage.

You have your own power rankings?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents