PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enemy Territory and how times have changed.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I’m taking my 12 yo son down to the Dolphins/Bills game on 1/8. Some clients have a box at Hard Rock so we will head down Saturday, spend some father/son time on the beach and then hit the game.

As a kid, I’d have never had interest in going to the game of two rivals…box be damned.

But kids and times are different. He’s excited to see great players mostly even though he is a Pats fan.

Kids wear jerseys of all different teams now…my son has a Tatis baseball jersey even though we route Red Sox/Braves.

Just musing about how the world is different now than when I was a kid.

All I saw at his age was the occasional Hornets Starter jacket…but those were girls.

The younger generation loves winning or prolific athletes
No longer is the laundry as important as before
100%. They are better about just enjoying a special athlete perform. He does hate the Jets though and everything to do with them…I raised him right.

Same with Yankees and Bama.

The younger generation loves winning or prolific athletes
No longer is the laundry as important as before
My childhood has plenty of such kids, especially consider how bad the local teams were.

There is no lower scum of sports fan than someone who roots for the Cowboys and Yankees. And believe me, such people exist. Oftentimes, you can even add the Lakers into their fandom.

My childhood has plenty of such kids, especially consider how bad the local teams were.

There is no lower scum of sports fan than someone who roots for the Cowboys and Yankees. And believe me, such people exist. Oftentimes, you can even add the Lakers into their fandom.
Don’t forget to add Alabama into that mix.

I dunno. A sports fan is a sports fan. I went to see Pirates vs Expos once, just because we had access to lux box. We looked into going to a Cowboys game during my last Texas hunting trip, but it was a lot of money.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back