PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini - why is he being frozen out of a HC position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of the coaching vacancies out there, why (other than being a rat) do you all think Mangini is being frozen out?

He has had two opportunities as a head coach and failed at both, usually you don't get a third opportunity.

He's good at Xs and Os; for all I know, he may be elite at it. But his head coaching stints, especially Cleveland, showed that he's lousy at leadership.

I think Jim Harbaugh has him waiting in the wings of the 49ers in case Vic Fangio goes after a HC job. Mangini has to prove himself from the ground up again if he wants to the HC thing again.

Harbaugh is 50 years old where is he going?

I am not sure he is being frozen out as much as he decided he was done. Obviously the tough road back to being a head coach would have had something to do with it. If he wanted to be a HC again he would found a DC or position job in the pros or an HC or DC in college. Who knows how long it would take for him to be considered again but the fact he went to the media makes it easy not to consider him. I would go out on a limb and assume the only guys in the media that ever get considered are the coaches who actually won something and even then it usually the media more than owners considering it.

This question is a joke, right?

Mangini - his Sammy "The Bull" Gravano-esque comportment notwithstanding - could possibly be the worst head coach in the history of the league! He makes Rod Rust look like Bill Walsh!

Teams are only so stupid. Then again, I am surprised Washington chose Chuckie, Jr. over Mangina, because that organization is about as dim bulbed as it gets.

I think you (jmt57) could show more respect for the viewers/posters by indicating the content of this thread in your header as in "Freezing Out Mangini in the Head Coach Search" or shorter but to the same point.

Why else to we have headers??

Huh?

10char

How do we hate thee, let us count the ways.
We hate thee to the depth and breath and height
Our souls can reach, when feeling out of sight.
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
And for everything that we've read in this thread.

He really screwed up big time and knows it. I saw his response to a question about Crygate a while back and I started to feel sorry for him, but then I caught myself.

This question is a joke, right?

Mangini - his Sammy "The Bull" Gravano-esque comportment notwithstanding - could possibly be the worst head coach in the history of the league! He makes Rod Rust look like Bill Walsh!

Teams are only so stupid. Then again, I am surprised Washington chose Chuckie, Jr. over Mangina, cause that organization is about as inane as it gets.

I thought it was a good question with plenty of answers. :biggrin1:

the 3rd try is way way harder to get than the 2nd, when both chances were clear failures

Which is why Josh needs to be very choosy. Cleveland would have been failure #2, and not because of him.

It wasn't a bad question, and certainly got a a little conversation going, but a good joke question could also get a debate going, que no?

If it wasn't a joke question, then the premise would have been "Mangini has the talent to be an NFL head coach"...and we all know that it is not true...

Because despite the fact that he seems to know his football, 1) he has no leadership or people skills; 2) is a snitch, who when things apparently got out of hand (as he says they did), did nothing to stem the tidal wave of BS overtaking his former mentor who gave him everything he had in football, 3) he's failed at two other head coaching jobs; and 4) despite what they say publically, people have long memories.

Screw you Mangini. You made your bed, now you know what to do with it.

What she said, only double!!!!!

I think he is talented. I'm not as bothered about the whole 'rat thing' as many here are... the rule is useless and videotape from the field vs from the stands is just plain ridiculous. Furthermore, if a HC is stupid enough to have signals so easily decipherable - then he deserved to get busted...

Mangini, by all accounts, is a good football guy with an eye for talent. Given the right team, I think he'd be a winner. He had good drafts and good years in a short time.

I'd take him. Not over BB, but over many.

A bit harsh....

I don't really think so, but I can understand why people would have different opinions. My perception is that Mangini screwed over a man that was supposedly a friend. I think pretty lowly of cutthroat people, so...

I don't really think so, but I can understand why people would have different opinions. My perception is that Mangini screwed over a man that was supposedly a friend. I think pretty lowly of cutthroat people, so...

We agree that BB provided EM with outstanding career opportunities and served as a mentor. However, first and foremost BB was Mangini's boss and the Patriots his employer at-will.

Depending on what story your believe, BB would not make EM DC in 2005 and it took him to interview with RAC as CLEs DC for EM to be elevated to that role and get a raise.

Later in 2005, BB told EM that he did not think he was ready to be a HC but EM snuck around and interviewed w/ the Jets around the JAX and DEN playoff games. Because of that (and going to the Jets) BB changed the locks and put his gear on skid row.

There are plenty of stories in which Bill Walsh pissed off Paul Brown, etc. There are times when the apprentice grows resentful of the mentor. Not saying that happened here but it could have.

While I agree that EM could have been a bit more up-front with BB, I feel clearly something broke down somewhere in their relationship. Just like with BB in 2000 with the Jets and Parcells....

Back to your original post, he may be a slippery and a sneaky snake but I don't think (if what I've stated is close to accurate) makes EM a terrible human being.

The bigger question to me is: why does anyone care?

With all of the coaching vacancies out there, why (other than being a rat) do you all think Mangini is being frozen out?

Do you think it might be the knife sticking out of Bill Belichick's back with Mangini's fingerprints on it that has some GM's hesitant to offer him a job?

Do you think it might be the knife sticking out of Bill Belichick's back with Mangini's fingerprints on it that has some GM's hesitant to offer him a job?
Absolutely correct sir!! i am surprised that anyone ever hired after the Jets debacle. I am waiting for the POS Goodell to hire him for the league office as a reward for shafting the Pats.

Um, football aside - and his failures in Cleveland and with the Jets are enough - a guy who, when he is fired and hired by another team knows where the shady stuff is and will turn you in is not a good hire.

Say you want a manager of your wal-mart and the average store manager lasts 5 years. Would you hire the guy who worked at Sears, left for K mart then called OSHA because Sears has illegally high urinals? (I'm not making up OSHA and urinal height, btw. If you want to defend OSHA and say they are not over reaching, the political boards are that way.----> :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes