PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini - why is he being frozen out of a HC position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KY Pats Fan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
With all of the coaching vacancies out there, why (other than being a rat) do you all think Mangini is being frozen out?

because he failed miserably at the browns after being debateably a failure in new york.

His players universally hated him in cleveland.

With all of the coaching vacancies out there, why (other than being a rat) do you all think Mangini is being frozen out?

Well he has already failed in two places the Jets retained Ryan and the Browns don't want him back. I don't think he had too;) many options to begin with.:D

He's 23-41 over his last four years as a head coach, and in both of his two NFL head coaching jobs his team regressed rather than improved.

I think you (jmt57) could show more respect for the viewers/posters by indicating the content of this thread in your header as in "Freezing Out Mangini in the Head Coach Search" or shorter but to the same point.

Why else to we have headers??

Because despite the fact that he seems to know his football, 1) he has no leadership or people skills; 2) is a snitch, who when things apparently got out of hand (as he says they did), did nothing to stem the tidal wave of BS overtaking his former mentor who gave him everything he had in football, 3) he's failed at two other head coaching jobs; and 4) despite what they say publically, people have long memories.

Screw you Mangini. You made your bed, now you know what to do with it.

Mangini is dead to me

Stabbed his mentor in the back

Either didn't know when, or have the balls, to pull Favre

Failed in Cleveland while losing his players

The last one is relatively minor, given that team's history, but the first two are resume killers.

Stabbed his mentor in the back

Either didn't know when, or have the balls, to pull Favre

Failed in Cleveland while losing his players

The last one is relatively minor, given that team's history, but the first two are resume killers.

At least he didn't draft Sanchez and pay him $30M to be awful. He was smart enough to give the pick away to NYJ.

I think he could have been successful if he waited for the right opportunity but he decided to go two of the worst franchises in all of sports.

At least he didn't draft Sanchez and pay him $30M to be awful. He was smart enough to give the pick away to NYJ.

I think he could have been successful if he waited for the right opportunity but he decided to go two of the worst franchises in all of sports.

Because he sucks???

The NFL is a club with 32 members (31 when you allow for Green Bay's unique status); Kraft is one of the most respected members of that club. It isn't too hard to connect the dots here.

How could any owner trust Mangini with day to day management of the most important assets of a billion dollar Franchise, knowing that the Rat did more in one day to damage Bob Kraft's investment than any bad player or weak HC ever did in the prior nearly half century of the team's existence?

I think you (jmt57) could show more respect for the viewers/posters by indicating the content of this thread in your header as in "Freezing Out Mangini in the Head Coach Search" or shorter but to the same point.

Why else to we have headers??

what?

10char

One of the biggest Truisms in life.

"Nobody likes a rat"

He's 23-41 over his last four years as a head coach, and in both of his two NFL head coaching jobs his team regressed rather than improved.
I dont think that is accurate. In NY he took at team that had gone 4-12 and 10-6/6-10 the two prior years and had 2 winning seasons in 3,and was 8-3 his last year before his QBs are fell off.
In cleveland he took a 4-12 team (10-6, 4-12 the 2 years before) to 2 5-11 seasons, and they have won 4,5 and 4 games since he left.
Not a rousing endorsement but I don't think you can say his teams regeressed.

I think Jim Harbaugh has him waiting in the wings of the 49ers in case Vic Fangio goes after a HC job. Mangini has to prove himself from the ground up again if he wants to the HC thing again.

At least his plan is working. IMO, he was smart enough to know his best move was to become a TV analyst, maybe a special consultant, and try to remain relevant. Do it for as many years as needed, all the while reminding people when he once was relevant. Wake up everyday, go to work, and tell people he IS relevant. He knows eventually, maybe in 10 years, he'll find another sucker Owner or GM. At the very least, as long as he gets mentioned as a candidate a few times, it'll give him some PR ammo to re-start his plan for the next season. So OP... don't you go worrying your little ol' head. The rat, he'll be a OK...

And this... If it was your 1/2 Billion Dollar Team, would YOU hire him? So many better, or at least, as good options without any of the baggage or PR risk. It not like he's shown any extra special coaching skills either. So why even bother.

Because despite the fact that he seems to know his football, 1) he has no leadership or people skills; 2) is a snitch, who when things apparently got out of hand (as he says they did), did nothing to stem the tidal wave of BS overtaking his former mentor who gave him everything he had in football, 3) he's failed at two other head coaching jobs; and 4) despite what they say publically, people have long memories.

Screw you Mangini. You made your bed, now you know what to do with it.

PD, Well Said/Typed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back