PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Sort of OT) Question for former IBWTers...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What made you say you're out on BB? Pick 1-2 reasons.

• Benching Malcolm Butler in Super Bowl 52

• His role in letting the GOAT leave for Tampa

• The offensive coaching fiasco in 2022

• IBWTer till his exit from the Patriots this month

• His drafting in recent years

• Something else

• RLKAG and OJKNB

• Still a BB fan/IBWT always!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Always admire and have respect for Bill. At the same time, I'll always be angry about the benching of Butler in a game where they couldn't get off the field (Eagles were 10/16 on third down and they were 2/2 on 4th down with a touchdown) and New England essentially needed one stop to win given the monster game Brady had that day.

Could have benched him for a half, which would have been bad enough. But to not even put him out there in the second half - especially given how the game was going - was unfathomable.

I'll never forgive him for that.

Ever.

what did you do to my girl ?
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

It turns out BB didn’t think Mac Jones could play QB but RK forced his hand
Of course you would say that. Except we ALL saw the video on draft day.

All of the above. I can appreciate him and be grateful for the good he did, but also not be blind to his weaknesses.

The drafting has been on my radar for years but pushing Brady out the door was the first nail in the coffin for me and the Patricia nonsense was the final one. He should have been canned for that disaster.

There were quite a few decisions that chipped away at the belief in Bill. That's said, I still think he can coach. In chronological order.

1) terrible drafting after Hightower and Jones draft.

2) Butler benching - still don't know why, buy he had to be a better option than what they put out there.

3) Sanu trade for a 2nd round pick. Terrible decision.

4) not playing Stidhim at the end of the year even though Cam was clearly terrible

5) Patricia and judge

6) lack of coaching staff personell. Where are the coaches?

7) not resigning any players this year

Judging by the report that Bill completely stopped talking to Jones...now it makes more sense that Stidham did not play over Cam in the last 2 games of 2020. Stid was in the same doghouse and then he was shipped out of town.

Always admire and have respect for Bill. At the same time, I'll always be angry about the benching of Butler in a game where they couldn't get off the field (Eagles were 10/16 on third down and they were 2/2 on 4th down with a touchdown) and New England essentially needed one stop to win given the monster game Brady had that day.

Could have benched him for a half, which would have been bad enough. But to not even put him out there in the second half - especially given how the game was going - was unfathomable.

I'll never forgive him for that.

Ever.
Yup. Literally one stop on third down. I think their best tackling corner (Butler) could have gotten one. He didn't have to be Deion Sanders.

Part of me wants Bill to call it a career because then he'll get started on his book and we'll find out his thoughts on what happened in that game and why he deliberately crippled his defense to make whatever point he was making.

Judging by the report that Bill completely stopped talking to Jones...now it makes more sense that Stidham did not play over Cam in the last 2 games of 2020. Stid was in the same doghouse and then he was shipped out of town.
Why this also makes sense. I called this several years ago.

Some interesting takes. My opinion is that all great coaches have a shelf life and BB's was longer than most. I think given the right set of circumstances (good GM, solid roster), BB could still do really well as a coach. He needs to not have total control of an organization, like Reid did when he was hired in KC.

When players are disciplined, we know the immediate results. I also think the Wes Welker benching lead to the loss in the playoffs to the Jets in '10.

What will never be known is how many wins they got from players being held accountable and not letting down their teammate. That is impossible to quantify. No one even knows if the Patriots make it to that Super Bowl against the Eagles if Bill wasn't a disciplinarian.

How do you analyze that?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back