PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's talk Chandler Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Teaming took care of Chandler Jones Sunday and he's not the biggerst guy to begin with...lets just hope he not worn down as the season go along. But with him drawing legitimate double Teams someone should be making the most of their one and one opportunities.
If you watch him closely in that game, he wasn't really taken care off. There were a bunch of times he got by Oher and couldn't get to Flacco because he had plenty of room to escape since Stinkovich was doing nothing.

If you watch him closely in that game, he wasn't really taken care off. There were a bunch of times he got by Oher and couldn't get to Flacco because he had plenty of room to escape since Stinkovich was doing nothing.

Patsfan2 doesn't do facts like that though, that's too positive (and true)!

He was also quite obviously held by Oher on A LOT of plays. Of course it was never called.

how many holding calls did Oher have last night??...five???

forget it...that game was a clown show anyway down there in Baltimore

Ive seen a lot of sports...... Baseball, basketball, football, MMA... and SNF's Ravens vs. Patriots game was the worst officiating I have ever seen. In any sport. Ever. Period.

Even worse than MNF Packers vs Seahawks. I mean that game was actually decently officiated until the 4th qtr.

The Ravens vs. Pats game was terrible from the 1st qtr all the way through the 4th

im interested to see what Chandler can do with the real refs back and they actually call holding on the OL.....the OL was getting away with holding him ALOT

not just that game either...look at most games that week...refs missed a TON of holding...even in the GB-SEA game...which is sad to think GB was holding and still allowed like 9 sacks (SEA was too).

basically...call a bunch of stuff that didnt happen...dont call the stuff that did. oh well dont have to worry about it now.

Last edited:
im interested to see what Chandler can do with the real refs back and they actually call holding on the OL.....the OL was getting away with holding him ALOT

Not sure how much that will change. Holding calls are always a problematic subject because if the refs called every and every one there'd be no end to it, but Chandler is just plain good that's for sure. To me he's the best of the OLB/DE rookie pass rushers of the 2012 draft so far.

One thing I'll be really interested in seeing is how much DBs are going to get away with bumping receivers after 5 yards. I have a feeling the scoring is going to go up across the league, especially for the teams with a big passing attack.

more important than that though...IMO...is that the 5 yard illegal contact will NOT be called inside 5 yards by the real NFL refs...that was one of the biggest across the board screwups by these replacement "refs" the first three games.

not just that game either...look at most games that week...refs missed a TON of holding...even in the GB-SEA game...which is sad to think GB was holding and still allowed like 9 sacks (SEA was too).

basically...call a bunch of stuff that didnt happen...dont call the stuff that did. oh well dont have to worry about it now.

What pisses me off is what if we have to play the AFC Championship in Baltimore because of those ******* bums?

******* ******ed **** to not have the regular refs for the season. Inexcusable.

As I said in another thread, what Oher did to Jones would be considered sexual assault in many states. Jones has been robbed of several potential sacks because of obvious holding. A more seasoned DE might have been able to lobby (intimidate) the replacement refs to call some of those.

What pisses me off is what if we have to play the AFC Championship in Baltimore because of those ******* bums?

******* ******ed **** to not have the regular refs for the season. Inexcusable.

Im not too worried about that. we played pretty damn good in their house last Sunday.

Last edited:
As I said in another thread, what Oher did to Jones would be considered sexual assault in many states. Jones has been robbed of several potential sacks because of obvious holding. A more seasoned DE might have been able to lobby (intimidate) the replacement refs to call some of those.

He's been robbed of 2 legitimate sacks already due to penalties on other players.

He could very well have 4 sacks right now.

I just saw this on Profootball Weekly's Audibles column:

“(Patriots rookie DE) Chandler Jones had one great move against Tennessee (in the opener) and really has not rushed the passer since. Those rookies are playing a lot of reps and not getting waved much. That does not make it easy.”

ProFootballWeekly.com - Insider: Panthers' loss to Falcons falls on Rivera

This is an anonymous quote by a real NFL personnel guy to PFW. I ask you what games is he watching? Yes, he didn't get to the QB in the Ravens game other than that one sack that was negated by a bogus holding call on Spikes and this was before yesterday's game, but he owned the Cards' LT and the Titans' LT. He is also a force against the run, not just the pass. Right now, he is easily the leading candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year. Also, watching him, he has far more than one great move.

My guess it was Tannenbaum who is trying to deflect the fact that his pick, Coples, hasn't done much this year.

Last edited:
What an absolute crap excerpt. Naturally, the quote was from an anonymous expert. Jones is clearly stronger than he is quick, and that played into Glenn's hands, but he still had a solid game. His edge was not to be trifled with, and when he's not beating his man outright, he's collapsing his side of the pocket with his strength.

He had a sack, as someone already mentioned, while Glenn was still in, and he had a crucial stop on third and short to keep the Bills out of field goal range. He beat Glenn a handful of times, but Fitz escaped to the other side. It should be noted that his sack was not created by his pressure; it was forced by Cunningham torching his man and missing a sack from which Jones picked up the scraps.

One big question mark going in was would Jones and his counterpart do what Carter and Anderson did last year? So far, they've done just as much for the pass rush while doing even more against the run. It doesn't hurt that JC is getting consistent pressure inside in sub packages.

Jones has sacked the QB in every game this year. It just doesn't show up in stats because some were negated by penalties.

Jones has sacked the QB in every game this year. It just doesn't show up in stats because some were negated by penalties.

I love how each Monday morning he posts a picture of his weekend sack and changes his twitter picture to it.

I'm not worried about sacks, they will come the way that Jones is playing. What is more surprising is that he is a rock against the run. Not only that, he has the speed an athleticism for backside pursuit. That is extreme versatility in a defensive end. It's no wonder that BB waited so long to pull the trigger, he wants one of those rare beasts when drafting for defense in the 1st round - a guy who can stop the run AND rush the passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News