PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's talk Chandler Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Spikes and that beastly spin move could be used more on the left to aid Chandler Jones on the right.

Seriously, that spin move he used was Freeney-esque!

just a reminder.... Chandlers older brother Arthur is on the Ravens.... surely the whole Jones family will be there to watch the game.

Extra motivation for Chandler to play well next week

He could be in for a few sacks/flags this week with the man attempting to block him being Michael Oher who is getting a bit of a rep for false starts amongst other negative plays.

Does anybody have an idea about how the other rookies are playing?

After 2 weeks i don't see how Chandler isn't the leader for DROY atm.

Does anybody have an idea about how the other rookies are playing?

After 2 weeks i don't see how Chandler isn't the leader for DROY atm.

Basically it will depend on how many tackles the Carolina LB gets.

The Chicago DE got 1.5 sacks last week.

He also has competition from Hightower in his own team.

Basically it will depend on how many tackles the Carolina LB gets.

The Chicago DE got 1.5 sacks last week.

He also has competition from Hightower in his own team.

Kuechley has been unimpressive in the tackle department thus far. He had 9 total tackles (3 solo, 6 assisted). He is seventh on his own team in tackles. He has no sacks or INTs. Hightower has 10 (7 solo, 3 assisted).

Jones is credited with 10 tackles (6 solo, 4 assisted), a sack, two forced fumbles. If the voters take into account how he affects the entire game while he is in there, he is an early run away favorite.

Kuechley has been unimpressive in the tackle department thus far. He had 9 total tackles (3 solo, 6 assisted). He is seventh on his own team in tackles. He has no sacks or INTs. Hightower has 10 (7 solo, 3 assisted).

Jones is credited with 10 tackles (6 solo, 4 assisted), a sack, two forced fumbles. If the voters take into account how he affects the entire game while he is in there, he is an early run away favorite.

BTW, just as a point of reference, through four games his rookie season, Mayo had 27 tackles, 23 solo.

Its ridiculous how good this guy is out of the gate. Especially considering the 'project' tag that was slapped on him. Hightower, too. Geez. We hit the jackpot with those two. The last few drafts have been insane.

It's early, but so far Mayock calling him the best defensive player in the draft is looking true.

Next season he's probably going to be even stronger & faster as well as having more refined pass rush moves...

Last edited:
Quinton Coples - 2 Tackles, 1 Solo, 0 Forced Fumbles, 0 Sacks.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see him against a less than mobile qb. Let the kid pin them back and get after it...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

He could get a shot at Flacco, Manning, and Fitzy this year as far as guys who do not move extremely well.

It's early, but so far Mayock calling him the best defensive player in the draft is looking true.

Next season he's probably going to be even stronger & faster as well as having more refined pass rush moves...

…and the rest of the experts said, "Give him 2-3 years and he will be a stud."
I can't wait to see what is coming around the bend with Chandler!

Quinton Coples - 2 Tackles, 1 Solo, 0 Forced Fumbles, 0 Sacks.

Not defending him, since I hate the Jets, but I doubt Coples is getting the amount of snaps Jones is. I'd have to look that up, but being in NY, and watching the games, I'm not sure he's getting the snaps Jones is. From what I've seen, Coples is damned strong, and has been disruptive, almost got a sack last week. From what I'm hearing about our guy, seems like he's gonna be a guaranteed stud, exactly what we need. Finally a beast at DE. Can't wait to watch him against the Ravens.

Not defending him, since I hate the Jets, but I doubt Coples is getting the amount of snaps Jones is. I'd have to look that up, but being in NY, and watching the games, I'm not sure he's getting the snaps Jones is. From what I've seen, Coples is damned strong, and has been disruptive, almost got a sack last week. From what I'm hearing about our guy, seems like he's gonna be a guaranteed stud, exactly what we need. Finally a beast at DE. Can't wait to watch him against the Ravens.

Coples spent a lot of time on the sidelines against the Steelers. Ryan said it is because he was too small to go up against the big Steelers o-line.

But if Coples isn't getting the playing time that Jones is, there is a reason for it. I am sure if Jones was on the Jets, he would be an every down starter right now especially since the Jets lack a pass rush.

Coples' preseason was overrated and much of his great plays were against back ups. I didn't think he looked overly impressive against the ones. He is a disruptor, but he is not strong against the run and he doesn't seem to have the awareness once he breaks through the line where the QB is.

Contrast that with Jones who is polished and has excellent awareness on every play.

Coples spent a lot of time on the sidelines against the Steelers. Ryan said it is because he was too small to go up against the big Steelers o-line.

But if Coples isn't getting the playing time that Jones is, there is a reason for it. I am sure if Jones was on the Jets, he would be an every down starter right now especially since the Jets lack a pass rush.

Coples' preseason was overrated and much of his great plays were against back ups. I didn't think he looked overly impressive against the ones. He is a disruptor, but he is not strong against the run and he doesn't seem to have the awareness once he breaks through the line where the QB is.

Contrast that with Jones who is polished and has excellent awareness on every play.

Rob,

I'll defer to your knowledge of the situation since you've seen both players. And I'm happy Jones is playing so well, 2 forced fumbes in your first 2 NFL games is pretty insane, as well as 10 tackles, which in itself, tells you he's pretty good against the run as well. I only got to see Jones in the preseason (1 game). I'm looking forward to catching him against the Ravens.

Don't sleep on Lavonte David and Mark Barron. Both have 14 tackles and Barron has 4 passes defended, two off the league lead. Mychal Kendricks at Philly is getting rave reviews too.

Chandler could very well have 3 Sacks in 3 games already

He had a key Sack-strip in week 1

He had a sack in Baltimores game that was negated by a phantom defensive holding call

He also had one in the Tennessee game that was negated by holding IIRC. Since the penalty was accepted, his sack didn't count.

He might be the best player on this defense already.

Double Teaming took care of Chandler Jones Sunday and he's not the biggerst guy to begin with...lets just hope he not worn down as the season go along. But with him drawing legitimate double Teams someone should be making the most of their one and one opportunities.

It will be interesting to see what this kid can do with competent refs calling holding since Ive seen full on choke holds on Chandler go uncalled.

Double Teaming took care of Chandler Jones Sunday and he's not the biggerst guy to begin with...lets just hope he not worn down as the season go along. But with him drawing legitimate double Teams someone should be making the most of their one and one opportunities.

he still had a sack in a big defensive series.... ravens should've lost like 12 yards.... instead they gained yards because some moron ref threw a flag on "defensive holding" against spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing