PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Law signs with Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike some other fans here, I think Law has enough left in the tank to be a good backup safety, backup CB, and nickel/dime corner. I really wish the Pats had signed him for depth if nothing else.

I think his idea of his worth was inflated, so I wonder how much the Jets ended up giving him.

As for the Jets signing him, I think it was a good move depending on how much they had to pay him. I think he could help their depth and possibly give them a little extra boost in productivity come playoff time. I can't see him being a help for this week's game vs the Pats though.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but that doesn't afford much time to get in shape, learn the system, and be ready to start. I do think it is a psychological win for the Jets. Had they been able to sign Troy Brown, it would have been worse (as a fan anyway).

I seriously doubt that Tubby Ratfink would burn a roster spot for that reason only. Besides, it's not like we haven't played against Law in another uniform before. I say bring him on. If anything, I'd think it would be a motivating factor to toast his fat ass.

Agree with the first point but disagree with the second.

I think the BG has an article today that has the Jets coach Q&A in which he admits that they have now studied MC a lot more since they have more film and so it will help them in their preparation (which was woefully inadequate the first time around).

So, I think that the former Pats DC has identified some traits/habits of MC that he thinks Law might be able to pick on and capitalize.

Otherwise why would Law be ready to play immediately on Thursday?

Last edited:
What I find hilarious is that Ty Law claims that he was "THIS CLOSE" to signing with the Pats several times.

Personally, I think he's talking out his rear end and that he was never close to signing with the Pats. He just used the Pats for leverage against other teams. Like he did when he signed with KC.

LOL

3440950.jpg

Casse needs to STEP up this Thursday. We will see how everything goes.

I seriously doubt that Tubby Ratfink would burn a roster spot for that reason only. Besides, it's not like we haven't played against Law in another uniform before. I say bring him on. If anything, I'd think it would be a motivating factor to toast his fat ass.

I was referring to the timing, but I should have made that clearer. Good catch.

I don't fault Law for signing with the Jets or for any other team for that matter. He doesn't owe the Pats anything. He was a vital component to their SB teams, he has his rings and now he's just playing out his career to bank more cash and hopefully hook up to a team that he feels will be competitive come playoff time. As much as we would like to see more former Pats players take a Troy Brown stance of turning down contracts from rival teams its just not the norm or reality.

...he's gotta eat, but can he run?

Not sure why many are mocking that he is overweight. I thought he was keeping himself quite fit.

Let's see on Thursday. Hope he confirms your doubt and not erase it!

Law, you were a great Patriot, but I hope Moss smokes your ass this Thursday.

Ditto. And while Law signing with the Jests is a disappointment, it doesn't have the same sting as, say, Damon going to the Yankees.

Not sure why many are mocking that he is overweight. I thought he was keeping himself quite fit.

Let's see on Thursday. Hope he confirms your doubt and not erase it!

I believe the weight thing is a dig on his "gotta feed my family" remarks. Also the fact is sat out more than half of this season implicates game condition, not just general physical fitness. True or not, it is pretty amusing.

Ditto. And while Law signing with the Jests is a disappointment, it doesn't have the same sting as, say, Damon going to the Yankees.

Or vinatieri to the Colts.

I just don't understand why the Patriots did not do more to get him or D. Hall.
Ty Law can play both safety and ornerback , 2 areas of critical need for the Patriots.

Looks like the Patriots FO was outmaneuvered, unless they truly believe he sucks and is done

Seems like this will give the JETS a big emotional lift

Word on the street is that they went hard after Hall. It's had to ignore the fact that he went to college near Redskin's land. That's hard to overcome. As for Law, you have to wonder if a 5'11", 253 LB Cornerback that hasn't played since last year, and has spent more time at Donut World, than he as at World's Gym, is somebody in high demand :).

I'd love to see Lard........I mean Law try to cover Moss on Thursday. :)

He won't make much an impact Thursday, if anything, he'll be a liability in pass coverage.

What I find hilarious is that Ty Law claims that he was "THIS CLOSE" to signing with the Pats several times.

Personally, I think he's talking out his rear end and that he was never close to signing with the Pats. He just used the Pats for leverage against other teams. Like he did when he signed with KC.

I completely agree. It seemed that Law took things very personally his last season here, if not as early as Milloy's release, and probably vowed then not to ever re-sign with a Belichick-led NEP. He's a cold-blooded mercenary who also carries a grudge, and could not care less about ending his career where it began, and likely becoming the all-time Patriots leader in career INTs, because having a place in team history doesn't, you know, feed his family.

Just as I wish nothing but bad things to happen to the Vinitraitor for the rest of his life, so too do I wish those same bad things on Ty Law. I hope he tears both groins on the very first play from scrimmage.

I completely agree. It seemed that Law took things very personally his last season here, if not as early as Milloy's release, and probably vowed then not to ever re-sign with a Belichick-led NEP. He's a cold-blooded mercenary who also carries a grudge, and could not care less about ending his career where it began, and likely becoming the all-time Patriots leader in career INTs, because having a place in team history doesn't, you know, feed his family.

My guess is Law is into theater for purposes of marketing himself. The whole "Belichick is a liar" (and being insulted by a $6 million deal and more than he got from the Jets and Chiefs in the end) vent struck me as disingenuous and an attempt to leverage the team using fan reactions. That is why he said he "loves the New England fans" (or words to that effect - I gagged a little when I read that spew and do not want to toss my cookies by reading it again for an exact quote) again - this might come up again next year if he does not pull a Duane Starks with the Jets so he does not want to burn that bridge.

While I would have liked to see what he could do here, the routine is getting tired. I'd now love to see him chasing after Welker, Moss and Gaffney all night Thursday after they introduce themselves to him properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back