PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Coaching firings around the league

Wish he would have stuck around especially with the reasons he left becoming moot.

The article seems to downplay the NFL's role in the situation. Popovich was with the team all through training camp of 2021. It wasn't until the cut-downs to 53 that it was announced that Popovich was no longer with the team and that it was because of the NFL's Vax Rule. We have no idea what happened behind closed doors. We don't know if BB tried to get him to stay in a different capacity or if Popovich took a stand against the NFL's BS rule for coaches, which was different than for players.

No proof he was a keeper.
Quit some posts I have read said they’d want to keep Troy brown, but he hasn’t shown anything to be a keeper too
I feel like This logic here mostly counts only for current staff than previous staff although do we really know if popovich is not good? How can we break down his influence?
I personally think that when your WR are running into each other, not turning their heads around for like 4-5 seconds, route spacing etc which has been posted here, that our wr coach has to take responsibility because what exactly is he doing if he can’t coach them up ?

We had competent O line play.
Again, doesn't prove anything. Last year had injuries and Jones was stripped of making protection calls by Fat Matt and Judge.

Quit some posts I have read said they’d want to keep Troy brown, but he hasn’t shown anything to be a keeper too
I feel like This logic here mostly counts only for current staff than previous staff although do we really know if popovich is not good? How can we break down his influence?
I personally think that when your WR are running into each other, not turning their heads around for like 4-5 seconds, route spacing etc which has been posted here, that our wr coach has to take responsibility because what exactly is he doing if he can’t coach them up ?
If you look at the #1 difference between 2021 when the offense- while not perfect but pretty good and 2022 which was one big dry heave Fat Matt and Judge were the additions, Josh the subtraction and Troy Brown the constant.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back