PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor that BB is leaving at the end of the season

I don't think he'd want to deal with the LA market/media. They wouldn't put up with any mumbling from him.

Also, people are forgetting they have a pretty good GM in Tom Telesco.

No team in its right mind would hire Notgoat for either HC, GM, or Especially HC/GM. Today's results proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he's Finished in the NFL, and should be Relieved of All duties before the team jet even lands at TF Green.

People act like we took a big gamble on Mac Jones. There were 5 QB's viewed as first round quality in the draft. 2 teams traded up to get some of them. We stayed put and let Mac fall to us. The fanbase just tried to pass that off as Bill being a genius and getting his guy without having to move for him. In reality, he was his passive self and took what came to him. That was really the year to just rip a bandaid off, take a bad season, and make some quality investments.
They looked into trading up, but after SF's trade the prices were too high to justify for a gamble.

The issue with 2020-2021 is that they started out bad and then barely beat a bad Jets team, then lucked out like crazy that they played the Ravens in extremely abnormal conditions and won. They went from 2-5 to 4-5 when they probably should have been 3-6 or 2-7 (similar to this year). That kinda gave them a second wind and they beat a bad Cardinals and Chargers team and then won a meaningless game late vs the Jets again. All of that basically took a bad team that should have been looking for it's QB of the future and instead put them in the middle of the draft.

People act like we took a big gamble on Mac Jones. There were 5 QB's viewed as first round quality in the draft. 2 teams traded up to get some of them. We stayed put and let Mac fall to us. The fanbase just tried to pass that off as Bill being a genius and getting his guy without having to move for him. In reality, he was his passive self and took what came to him. That was really the year to just rip a bandaid off, take a bad season, and make some quality investments.

There's a very good chance if we don't pull out that initial Jets game and play the Ravens in normal conditions, that we are late in the season going into the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes and they make a business decision on a game or two (especially that late season Jets game)
I had no problem with Bill taking Mac at where they got him. I know for a fact a lot of outspoken fans here were happy about landing him too. It’s a shame when some of them play it off like he was always terrible pick.

Granted, he’s terrible, be it the GM, coaching, receivers, oline? Himself? Whatever people want to blame it on? He was the right pick at the time and they looked pretty smart after year 1. But honestly, none of the 5 aside from maybe Lawrence has been anything special, and Lawrence really hasn’t been that special considering being number 1 pick. He “might” get there.

I had no problem with Bill taking Mac at where they got him. I know for a fact a lot of outspoken fans here were happy about landing him too. It’s a shame when some of them play it off like he was always terrible pick.

Granted, he’s terrible, be it the GM, coaching, receivers, oline? Himself? Whatever people want to blame it on? He was the right pick at the time and they looked pretty smart after year 1. But honestly, none of the 5 aside from maybe Lawrence has been anything special, and Lawrence really hasn’t been that special considering being number 1 pick. He “might” get there.
In hindsight I wish they traded up for Parsons. How good would this defense be with that guy.

Parsons + Davis Mills or whoever > Mac Jones

Lawrence has been good but not the generational QB he was projected as.

No team in its right mind would hire Notgoat for either HC, GM, or Especially HC/GM. Today's results proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he's Finished in the NFL, and should be Relieved of All duties before the team jet even lands at TF Green.
I’ll say this. I’d be F#%^ing shocked if they even got a 5th for him. Especially after Sean Payton is stinking up the joint in Denver. A 2023 first and 2024 2nd lol. No one is making that mistake again. They could of got probably a ransom for him 3 or 4 years ago, probably a 1st last year, but zilch this year in regards to a high draft pick. The aura really took a hit.

I’ll say this. I’d be F#%^ing shocked if they even got a 5th for him. Especially after Sean Payton is stinking up the joint in Denver. A 2023 first and 2024 2nd lol. No one is making that mistake again. They could have got probably a ransom for him 3 or 4 years ago, probably a 1st last year, but zilch this year in regards to a high draft pick. The aura really took a hit.
I’ll drive Bill to Logan myself if some team offers a 1st for a 71 year old head coach.

The Bucs got Bruce Arians for a 6th.

In hindsight I wish they traded up for Parsons. How good would this defense be with that guy.

You, me and a lot of others.

Losing to Humpty Dumpty Daboll would be a new low for BB.
Daboll winning Coach of the Year and now bring a laughing stock just reinforces that coaches make almost no difference in the outcome of games. An all-pro or MVP player doesn’t become a joke and get fired a year later. Coaching prowess is all based on perception and a lot of luck. It’s all about the players, disproportionately the quarterback.

It did. In 2021. They had a ton of cap space and drafted a QB in the first round and made the playoffs.

Then the freaking wheels fell off
I think many don’t realize just how all-in they were in 2021. Those contracts were not only record setting but also heavily backloaded into 2022/23 in order to fit that roster under the cap.

I’ll say this. I’d be F#%^ing shocked if they even got a 5th for him. Especially after Sean Payton is stinking up the joint in Denver. A 2023 first and 2024 2nd lol. No one is making that mistake again. They could of got probably a ransom for him 3 or 4 years ago, probably a 1st last year, but zilch this year in regards to a high draft pick. The aura really took a hit.

“Sell a year early.” Lol.

It was never going down like that.

But no. Many pissed on him because he had “off the field issues.”

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3