PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor that BB is leaving at the end of the season

All of this should have happened in 2020. No fans around anyway and our window would be a lot closer to opening right now. I think.

All of this should have happened in 2020. No fans around anyway and our window would be a lot closer to opening right now. I think.
It did. In 2021. They had a ton of cap space and drafted a QB in the first round and made the playoffs.

Then the freaking wheels fell off

I don’t trust Robert Kraft to do the right thing. The recent BB contract is an indication that he’s also out of touch like BB. Let Jonathan take over at this point.

Yeah an additional veteran add at outside CB was a glaring need before the year even started. Appreciate some of the efforts by multiple fringe roster guys having to take on a greater role this year at the position, but would hope changes are coming before next season.
Yes, I had concerns in the off season. Relying on Jack Jones, and 31 year old Jon is a huge gamble. I'd like us to really look for another kid in the draft in the 3rd or 4th round see what we can find. Then add some corner back depth via FA.. just feels like we need dam near a whole new roster.

I don’t trust Robert Kraft to do the right thing. The recent BB contract is an indication that he’s also out of touch like BB. Let Jonathan take over at this point.
I think the fact Bob is spineless is exactly why he'll fire Bill at the end of the season. Too many people calling for Bill's job. Bob won't be able to handle the criticism if he doesn't do it.

I think the fact Bob is spineless is exactly why he'll fire Bill at the end of the season. Too many people calling for Bill's job. Bob won't be able to handle the criticism if he doesn't do it.
We'll see, RK didn't get to be a billionaire by making rash decisions, every move is deliberate. He knows what's happening can't continue and come up with a plan.

Spineless or respect? I get your point…the sooner the better and I agree. We’ll see.

Doubt he is retiring. If anything he will be traded to the team he wants to go to. I have been calling this one for a little while now, if it goes how I expect Bill will step away from the team for personal reasons soon.
Didn't we just extend him this offseason. Why wouldn't we trade him and get some draft capital instead of letting him leave and start somewhere else.

“Good of the 32”

I see Kraft allowing BB to leave afterall all that he has accomplished. Just like Brady.

BB has worked tirelessly for Kraft and deserves to call his own shots.

He called his own shot by running Brady out of town, when Brady could have likely played 2-3 more good seasons here and hopefully have won another SB with us instead of TB.

I trust him. Sponsors, advertisers, etc. are making themselves heard as well as fans. And he's a fan, too, which is where this all started for him -- thank goodness for that. He will be responsible and responsive.

I trust him. Sponsors, advertisers, etc. are making themselves heard as well as fans. And he's a fan, too, which is where this all started for him -- thank goodness for that. He will be responsible and responsive.
Well ok. Hope you’re right.

I have been a BB apologist since he came to this town, but now it is time for me to hop on the bandwagon and it is time for him to move on.
We need a young, savvy offensive minded coach with a great support staff and a GM who will use all the information to recreate this team into something competitive again..

He called his own shot by running Brady out of town, when Brady could have likely played 2-3 more good seasons here and hopefully have won another SB with us instead of TB.
TB should have retired here but not sure they would have won another super bowl, the roster wasn't that great when he left and it would have been worse if we paid him what he was worth and had less for other spots, but still those three years would have been better and he would have retired a Patriot. His old man called it 10 years before.

It did. In 2021. They had a ton of cap space and drafted a QB in the first round and made the playoffs.

Then the freaking wheels fell off
The issue with 2020-2021 is that they started out bad and then barely beat a bad Jets team, then lucked out like crazy that they played the Ravens in extremely abnormal conditions and won. They went from 2-5 to 4-5 when they probably should have been 3-6 or 2-7 (similar to this year). That kinda gave them a second wind and they beat a bad Cardinals and Chargers team and then won a meaningless game late vs the Jets again. All of that basically took a bad team that should have been looking for it's QB of the future and instead put them in the middle of the draft.

People act like we took a big gamble on Mac Jones. There were 5 QB's viewed as first round quality in the draft. 2 teams traded up to get some of them. We stayed put and let Mac fall to us. The fanbase just tried to pass that off as Bill being a genius and getting his guy without having to move for him. In reality, he was his passive self and took what came to him. That was really the year to just rip a bandaid off, take a bad season, and make some quality investments.

There's a very good chance if we don't pull out that initial Jets game and play the Ravens in normal conditions, that we are late in the season going into the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes and they make a business decision on a game or two (especially that late season Jets game)

The issue with 2020-2021 is that they started out bad and then barely beat a bad Jets team, then lucked out like crazy that they played the Ravens in extremely abnormal conditions and won. They went from 2-5 to 4-5 when they probably should have been 3-6 or 2-7 (similar to this year). That kinda gave them a second wind and they beat a bad Cardinals and Chargers team and then won a meaningless game late vs the Jets again. All of that basically took a bad team that should have been looking for it's QB of the future and instead put them in the middle of the draft.

People act like we took a big gamble on Mac Jones. There were 5 QB's viewed as first round quality in the draft. 2 teams traded up to get some of them. We stayed put and let Mac fall to us. The fanbase just tried to pass that off as Bill being a genius and getting his guy without having to move for him. In reality, he was his passive self and took what came to him. That was really the year to just rip a bandaid off, take a bad season, and make some quality investments.

There's a very good chance if we don't pull out that initial Jets game and play the Ravens in normal conditions, that we are late in the season going into the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes and they make a business decision on a game or two (especially that late season Jets game)
Well, it's this one instead.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back