PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kudos to BJGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to admit he looked impressive today. The Pats may have a real, genuine NFL running back.

The Patriot's line this year is *very* physical, mostly due to the addition of Gronkowski and Crumpler, a full year of Vollmer over Kaczur, and a healthy Stephen Neal. They are wearing defenses out. Several of the Vikings front seven were gassed to the point of surrender by the 4th quarter.

I agree. It looked like we were the fresher team at the end. Funny because the announcers predicted the Pats D would be the one to wear out due to the Vikes time of possession disparity in the first half.

That just made me think, maybe that's why we couldn't run very effectively in the first half. Their O was keeping their D quite rested in the first, but we flipped the script in the second half.

I think they said something like 5 straight games with a TD. That is pretty awesome to have that stability in the red zone. I've always been a fan of the guy, hope he gets every opportunity to reach that 1000 yard rushing mark this season. I've been pleading for more of a commitment to the run game.

Hope he gets every opportunity to reach that 1000 yard rushing mark this season.

If he averages 70 YPG, he will reach the thousand yard mark.

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's his job to lose even when Fred Taylor comes back.

If Fred Taylor can come back and average over 4.4 yards per carry, score touchdowns in 5 consecutive games, have zero fumbles and stay healthy, I say bring him back !

Have to admit he looked impressive today. The Pats may have a real, genuine NFL running back.

I believe he is the 1st RB of the Patriots to have over 100yrds rushing, for a long time..

Where are all the people who were saying he wouldn't make the 53 man roster this year... something about meaningless preseason yards, a player you can find one of at any time off of the scrap heap...

I'm glad he's doing well- he's worked his a** off to get where he is.

Where are all the people who were saying he wouldn't make the 53 man roster this year... something about meaningless preseason yards, a player you can find one of at any time off of the scrap heap...

I'm glad he's doing well- he's worked his a** off to get where he is.

Some of them are moderating the threads.

Had the best game of his career against a really good Minnesota Run Defense. He's starting to make a believer out of me..

Only STARTING to? :p Time to throw away Maroney's jock and start paying attention to the new RBs in town. BJGE is our lead back now and Woodward is the REAL 39. :D

That's my binkie, keeep it up The Law Firm.

Extra effort today. Also, the play calling in half two helps. Hopefully we'll keep that up, but he was really busting it today, good job.

He and Hernandez need to pick up their feat a bit, both were a shoestring tackle from breaking big ones,

Let's run through some tires for next week.:D

an impressive game for sure - his 2nd half was terrific

Very pleasant surprise.

But let's not send him to Canton quite yet, or say that he's unstoppable on short-yardage downs.

HUH?? Who said anything even remotely close to this????

I know I didn't. And none of the posts up to your reply did so either..

Why the over-reaction to a simple Kudos to the kid?

Only STARTING to? :p Time to throw away Maroney's jock and start paying attention to the new RBs in town. BJGE is our lead back now and Woodward is the REAL 39. :D

YES. Only starting to, VJC. I am still concerned with his short-yardage presence and I know that one good game does not a career make.

As for Woodhead, I've liked him since the Pats picked him up.

@Reckedtrek - I am one of those people who supported Maroney. It's still my belief that the O-line was not as consistent in their run-blocking for Maroney as they could have been. And that would lend credence to the idea that they may not have been trying as hard because Maroney wasn't trying as hard. We'll never truly know.

BJGE has been a huge addition in our running game this season so far.....I love how he lets his blocks develop without dancing (see maroney) and then just shoots through the holes.....Also Alge has to be given a ton of credit....he has noticeably slimmed down from last season where he was just put on the line in TEN as an extra O-lineman pretty much....His agility and speed have picked up since he lost the weight this offseason.....Those Wham blocks are working very nice and our O-line is working well together.....we are blocking at the LOS and getting down on LB's.....If we can run the ball with any effectiveness then watch out.....Props to the O-line and BJGE....

I'm very happy for the guy. It's great to point to him and use him as an example of hard work paying off.

Great to see some people finally realizing the athleticism and skills BJGE brings to the table....I've been big fan and supporter since he got here..hard smart runner that hits the hole fast.... the key to any good running attack starts with the OL....if they create the holes BJGE and woodhead will hit them...

I'll eat crow, I never thought he'd be more than solid depth. I've been pleasantly surprised by his performances this year, so to Mr. Green-Ellis, sorry I doubted you... now keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST