PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christian Barmore

FIFY. Since you’re citing 2005 and Brady.

You‘re right about Buffalo being a prime example. But I think for my position. They’ve got their QB but he got dinged up along with some other guys so their season this year has been shaky even though he hasn’t missed games. I don’t think the Bills talent and depth was all that impressive apart from their QB. I think they were overrated going into the season because their QB was highly regarded and depth and talent issues were overlooked.
I'll agree with that on Buffalo. They have a great young TE and great young Back along with Diggs and Davis. However I believe McDermott is a great coach, but without Allen that team goes no where.

The unfortunate part is we'll never get to see Bill have the success post brady that I've wanted him to show. Any coach with the QB can only do so much. However doesn't diminish his greatness as a coach.

Dugger would probably not command much in Fa this season. He has been super underwhelming. Peppers outshines him big time.

He lost big time dollars this season.
Try to extend or resign him, if he wants more than the initial offer tell him to test the waters and give us a chance to match whatever offer he can get. Let the market decide.

His draft position only dropped due the injuries concerns at bama.. but I was actually excited we got him! A gap pentrating, run stuffing, pass rushing D lineman. now that he's been healthier he has been an absolute beast. He right up there with the top D lineman in the league. Safe to say Groh will be picking up his 5th year..
2nd rounder right. There is no 5th year I presume .

there is no 5th year option on a 2nd rounder - we have to resign him to a long term deal. To me he looks as good as Chris Jones.

Dugger would probably not command much in Fa this season. He has been super underwhelming. Peppers outshines him big time.

Ditto with Uche. I thought he had turned the corner last season. If he had back to back good years, he would’ve gotten paid.

He benefit led greatly from having D Mac. That is another thing mayo will need to address to his defense.. free safety.. re up Mills and you have the issue resolved.. Peppers and Dugger can play more up on TEs and around the line more. However I agree Peppers has played at an all pro level.

2nd rounder right. There is no 5th year I presume .
Yes, that is correct my mistake he is in fact a 2nd round pick. He's under team control now.. So if he continues into next season playing this dominant.. he's definitely our best DL.. interesting to how it goes.

The organization missed on their qb. You said it. That’s what happened. Not the first time, not the last time, happens to every team
Mac didn't work out, but calling it a miss implies it was bad drafting and I disagree with that. We were picking 15th. The other QB's taken in the 2021 draft were: 1 Lawrence, 2 Wilson, 3 Lance, 11 Fields, 15 Mac, 64 Trask, 66 Mond, 67 Mills. The only successful QB taken was Lawrence at #1 ,and there were no other stars at other positions drafted between 15 and 38 where we took Barmore.

Until this year Mac showed the potential of a Purdy or Cousins. It was a solid pick at 15.

Mac didn't work out, but calling it a miss implies it was bad drafting and I disagree with that. We were picking 15th. The other QB's taken in the 2021 draft were: 1 Lawrence, 2 Wilson, 3 Lance, 11 Fields, 15 Mac, 64 Trask, 66 Mond, 67 Mills. The only successful QB taken was Lawrence at #1 ,and there were no other stars at other positions drafted between 15 and 38 where we took Barmore.

Until this year Mac showed the potential of a Purdy or Cousins. It was a solid pick at 15.
I don't think personally it was a bad draft pick. Mac showed promise and played well his rookie season. It's what transpired between March 2022 and this season that has shown us that in this system, or whatever the case Mac just isn't the QB we need him to be. 2021 was an excellent draft for the organization. Barmore, rham are starters and big parts the team. We just know now what it looks like when we have failed to develop a QB.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.
How'd he do with N'Keal Harry?
In a Barmore thread you negative nancys just cannot bring yourself to give credit. So game on ... Oh yeah ... the same one who drafted Pop. Last draft may well end up with 5 future starters maybe even 6 ... that is off the charts excellence by drafting standards. Negative nancys need to start living in the present. Mistakes were made but the team is on to the 2024 draft now.

...Until this year Mac showed the potential of a Purdy or Cousins. It was a solid pick at 15.

Bill simply HAD to draft Corky there; another season of Scam Newton would've been intolerable.

However...Corky never, Ever, EVER showed the same potential of a Purdy or Cousins.

Purdy played better his first game than 10 ever played in NE.

I would make giving an extension to Barmore my first priority this offseason. He is the type of player we should build around.

Gronk the TE GOAT was threatened with a trade and finished his career with the Bucks, just like Brady the QB GOAT was forced to.

If you want to go tit for tat with Bill's bad roster moves vs his good roster moves then you'll get blown out of the water. When he stumbles upon a great player and then dumps him, that actually goes against him.
Gronk played for the Bucks?

Bill simply HAD to draft Corky there; another season of Scam Newton would've been intolerable.

However...Corky never, Ever, EVER showed the same potential of a Purdy or Cousins.
Yeah, Mac was the right pick at the time. Just didn’t pan out..**** happens..Now, let’s get Jayden Daniels.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back