PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey, Bob Costas

Status
Not open for further replies.
People still watch that show? Who would want to sit and watch Olbermann make an ass of himself, Costas' complete disinterest, and Dungy?

I generally find myself ignoring my kneejerk reactions in an attempt to remain objective, but I will say I though Costas' remarks did seem to be a bit biased. I just wonder how much is scripted, with a network's director telling somebody to take this or that approach, and how much is any of these guy's actual personal opinion.

However, I do agree that the media seems to be placing the Pats - a team that is in the playoffs - under a whole lot more scrutiny than the Steelers or Giants, teams that have won the last two championships. Perhaps they are simply yearning for a repeat of that ratings bonanza known as the 2007 season.

yeah the tidbit on the Pats was so random--all Costas really said the entire time was this isREALLY bad news for the Pats. He said it so loud as if the audience was deaf, I guess that was what disturbed me. They showed clips of Matt Cassel going 11-5 last year, and then Brady leading the Pats to the playoffs this year with a 10-6 record. Why not talk about Dallas' resurgence? Pitt's downfall? NYG missing the playoffs?

Last edited:
Re: Hey, Bob Costas:

The glee he took in discuss the Pats downfall. What's the point? The Pats aren't even in this game. Funny he didn't mention the Giants, who went from winning the SB two years ago to not making the playoffs. Or the Steelers. Or Jax. Why have a segment pointing out how far the Pats have fallen?

he does all the time. as soon as he talks pats i mute because he just makes mocking remarks at BB or pats.

I just don't get the media's collective glee over the team dropping a notch or two from one of the best teams ever to a flawed-but-decent division-winning team who had an unfortunate injury today. It was the epitome of adding insult to injury. And Bob Costas is lucky he's smaller than my 6 year old or I'd find him and (tell him that he is not very nice).

I didn't see it but it sounds like he was being a f---head. You pair that dirtbag up with the biggest douche in tv history....that jizz bag with glasses.....and you have a show that is unwatchable even with Rodney.

its beyond stupid to run a story like that. but if being a three or a four seed is considered a down fall for the pats that's a compliment really. other teams have down falls and go 6 and 10. the pats are in a down fall and win the division lmao. that's nbc for ya.

i do think this is just another example of how we are still the metal of the NFL, even if we are 10-6, people in the know know who is the metal in the NFL. you look at the '05 steelers and that horendous called SB 40, not to mentioned the two AFC divisionals games that year, then we have the '06 AFFCG, and a few close calls in SB42, and SB43 was another joke. So a few of the rings handed out recently haven't been the cleanest. . .

whether our bark is bigger than our bite or not, we are still considered one of the best teams, in not the best, in the NFL.

When was the last time a 10-0 franchise hosted a home game in a non conference game against a 7-3 team and called it the "most important game of their franchise" NO did that with NE, and that just shows you the respect we get . . . and part of that respect is "falling" to the 3 seed . . .

the NYG and PITT situation is not that unexspected and therefore not as newsworthy, the NYG were one and done last year after being champs, the the steelers were long done mid season after winning a SB againsts an 8-8, 11-5 and 9-7 teams . . .

i take it as a compliment

and also, listen to his parting comment - after talking about the downfall, he basically ended with "in a single elimination game what team would want to play Brady and Belicheck." so his point was even if they ahve falling to the #3 seed, they are still feared among the NFL

bobcostas.jpg

and also, listen to his parting comment - after talking about the downfall, he basically ended with "in a single elimination game what team would want to play Brady and Belicheck." so his point was even if they ahve falling to the #3 seed, they are still feared among the NFL

costas is still a douche

i do think this is just another example of how we are still the metal of the NFL, even if we are 10-6, people in the know know who is the metal in the NFL. you look at the '05 steelers and that horendous called SB 40, not to mentioned the two AFC divisionals games that year, then we have the '06 AFFCG, and a few close calls in SB42, and SB43 was another joke. So a few of the rings handed out recently haven't been the cleanest. . .

whether our bark is bigger than our bite or not, we are still considered one of the best teams, in not the best, in the NFL.

When was the last time a 10-0 franchise hosted a home game in a non conference game against a 7-3 team and called it the "most important game of their franchise" NO did that with NE, and that just shows you the respect we get . . . and part of that respect is "falling" to the 3 seed . . .

the NYG and PITT situation is not that unexspected and therefore not as newsworthy, the NYG were one and done last year after being champs, the the steelers were long done mid season after winning a SB againsts an 8-8, 11-5 and 9-7 teams . . .

yeah, that's basically my take

Anyone else think that Costas was that annoying kid in high school who sucked up to all the teachers, thought he was intellectually superior to everyone else, and acted like everyone loved him and is some kind of star of the school eventhough everyone hated him and he played no sports or participated in any competitions whatsoever?

Granted I might be able to recognize it more than most since I was that guy in my high school.

I didn't see it but it sounds like he was being a f---head. You pair that dirtbag up with the biggest douche in tv history....that jizz bag with glasses.....and you have a show that is unwatchable even with Rodney.

why don't you tell us what you really think? :singing:

Maybe an unintentional, backhanded compliment.

To which I say not thanks, but **** YOU!

I agree..he ******* *** and *** YOU BC!!! I remember his interview of Goodell..spy gate pre game..and he was smug and he didn't have the guts to ask Goodell about who and how the tape leaked out...remember thatw as a breaking story that hit right before the game?? Costas FAILED Journalism 101 BY NOT asking the question smug.. and pitful!! ANY REAl jornalist would have pinned Goodell about it.. but Costas showed what he was by NOT asking the obvious question..I agree with PJ... **** YOU Costas!!

This. A billion Chinese can't be wrong.

Stop trying to kiss my ass now, Costas, you ****head!

Anyone else think that Costas was that annoying kid in high school who sucked up to all the teachers, thought he was intellectually superior to everyone else, and acted like everyone loved him and is some kind of star of the school eventhough everyone hated him and he played no sports or participated in any competitions whatsoever?

Granted I might be able to recognize it more than most since I was that guy in my high school.

Sure, just like Olberman...same douche, just bigger.

Sure, just like Olberman...same douche, just bigger.

Nah! Olbermann was the kid who was always in the principal's office trying to tell him/her how they were running the school wrong. He would try to force school related causes (adding new programs to the school, etc.) down everyone's throats and chastized them if they didn't "do their part".

I recognize this because my high school girlfriend was that person. We were quite the pair. :D

Last edited:
Nah! Olbermann was the kid who was always in the principal's office trying to tell him/her how they were running the school wrong. He would try to force school related causes (adding new programs to the school, etc.) down everyone's throats and chastized them if they didn't "do their part".

I recognize this because my high school girlfriend was that person. We were quite the pair. :D

Sounds like if you knocked her up she would have given birth to Dan Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News