PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why would anybody want Belichick fired in favor of BOB?

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I genuinely do not understand. I've seen a few people here say this. Yeah, I admit that Belichick needs to win a playoff game again sooner or later but BOB is not going to bring us more success with this team than him.

If we ever get rid of BB, it should be in favor of a younger mind. Not BOB.

There are some folks who just hate Bill. No telling why. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t do what they think he should do, yet he is commonly acknowledged as the GOAT HC despite their disagreements with his decisions.

That's a good point...younger with new ideas. My concern would be similar to what happens with all the younger coaches that have left to become HC's elsewhere and failed. They try to channel Bill but they fail because they don't have the same respect and knowledge..."They ain't Bill". IMO BOB might have more success because he's had success at times as an HC.

I'm not sure who on here wants BOB, but I'm in the camp that it's time to go younger and have some fresh ideas on offense, defense and to build the team. I'd keep Bill If he gives up some power at GM. He was better when Pioli was around as they were Co-GM's. You know Floyd Reese had some input when he was here as well. This team just lacks home grown star type talent. He also needs a better coaching staff. This staff which has nepotism and big ego's are far inferior to when Bill first came to NE.

Last edited:
Has anyone really expressed a desire for BoB to be the coach?

I think some people are ready to toss the GOAT into the garbage bin, but surly not in favor of BoB.

Mike Martz says “Hi.”

Norv Turner would have said it but he’s kind of a quiet guy.

Mike Martz says “Hi.”
Awesome offensive mind, but was extremely stubborn and wouldn't adjust to the defenses' counters. And the front office destroyed that team.

I genuinely do not understand. I've seen a few people here say this. Yeah, I admit that Belichick needs to win a playoff game again sooner or later but BOB is not going to bring us more success with this team than him.

Is that a straw man or is there someone actually in favor of that?

Who said that?

And why, when we currently have both?

Both SB's against the Rams were won by BB. This is not to take away from the DC's at all....but you know the defensive game plan was agreed to by BB.

Yeah...I believe BB cost them the win against Philly in Minnesota...even if it was a Patricia recommendation, the decision to sit Butler rests with BB.

Regardless of the imperfections of the man, IMHO we have at least 1 SB less total without BB and realistically.....we probably have zero SB wins without him. He built some awesome teams.

I don't believe BB is going anywhere until he is ready.

Kraft cited Mayo by name, but added that they have a number of good candidates on their staff. He did not cite O’Brien by name, but it’s easy enough to infer that. And yes, there are a number of people here that have expressed their desire to see O’Brien succeed Belichick, but I’m definitely not one of them.

Kraft

What has Mayo done? Nothing and would likely fall flat.

Kraft is clamoring for BoB to be the HC? I didn't know that. He should stick to discussing the fine art of hand jobs at this point.

I never mentioned Mayo. If I am ruler of the world (which I should be), BB can stay until he wants to leave. Then I'd let him name his successor.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back