PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey, Bob Costas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they replay that segment in the Pats locker room all week. We're in the tournament, anything can happen. We're missing Welker but everyone else is healthy, we can still win it all

This is exactly how I feel about it. Welker is (was for this season) a key contributor, but players and play calling will have to adapt. This pile of snot nosed drivel (costas and his remarks) might finally be what pushes the team from "good, but not that good" to "kickin' ass and taking names"...let's hope so. My head thinks "How can they go very far now" but my gut reaction is "let's blow the Ravens up first and waste whoever's next in line."

This is it- put up or shut up.

i saw that segment. douche is too kind. the two things i can't stand are smug and smarmy and that describes costas AND olberman to a t. can i throw slimey in there as well? they remind me of something i stepped in the other day.

Last edited:
These journalists live and work in NYC , their studio is located somewhere in Manhattan,i somewhat understand their situation .

They have to walk in the street , and expect to get home safely :)

Last edited:
Finishing as the 3 seed is an accomplishment. I was at the texans game today and the beligerant fans rubbed their win in my face. The entire stadium was electric and I feel for them as the Houston teams have really sucked as of late. It was like they won the super bowl or something. I told them congrats, you're 9 and 7. First winning season ever.

Last edited:
Re: Hey, Bob Costas:

LOL. Maybe the aggravation of today + this headache have finally had their way with me.

Share the feeling,have been really aggravated since this loss... been in a real pissy mood since the game...

Better watch out what you folks say about Costas, he was looking pretty gangster with that hat on last night...:rolleyes:

Share the feeling,have been really aggravated since this loss... been in a real pissy mood since the game...

Thanks Darris.

Agree...Bob Costas is a little tiny douchebag. Why he has any credibility is beyond me...the whole Football Night in America (except Rodney) ar a bunch of tools...especially that scumbag Olberman.

Olberman is unwatchable to me. He's bizarre! Every line out of his mouth is a weird attempt to be funny, or act smart, or something. He tries to be a comedian, but is so NOT funny. I can't stand him, and can't watch the show any more.

I hear so many complain about how awful he is, but he must have some nude photo's of the folks at NBC who do the hiring. :)

What did Costas say that was so outrageous??? He did not say the Pats are dead, he actually said I would not want to play them in a elimination game..

What did Costas say that was so outrageous??? He did not say the Pats are dead, he actually said I would not want to play them in a elimination game..

Yes, he said that after talking for minutes about how far the mighty have fallen and going over how much worse the Pats are now than a couple years ago.

Why??

Yes, he said that after talking for minutes about how far the mighty have fallen and going over how much worse the Pats are now than a couple years ago.

Why??

Why? Because the Pats are really the only interesting storyline left in the NFL and these guys are in the story-telling business.

As I mentioned earlier, they no longer have a 16 win Dolts team to talk about, Favre has reverted to his Little Lord Pissy act so they're off him, Brees is starting to look like the greatest September to November QB in the history of the NFL, they still have no idea which Tony Romo is going to show up week to week, Donovan is sooo yesterday and the Steelers are always suspect because most of the media doesn't buy Big Ben as Canton-able and think he has taken a few too many hits to the head.

So, what else are they going to talk about than the "Team of the Decade?" And, let's face it, the storyline around the Pats this season hasn't been "Wow, there they go again, 14--2!" but a tough if inconsistent season ending in a major injury to the one guy, let's face it, the one guy besides Brady we didn't want to lose.

Take it as a back-handed compliment or do what I do and mute these idiots most of the time.

Brees is starting to look like the greatest September to November QB in the history of the NFL

A lot of Colts fans are going to have something to say about this point.

Olberman is unwatchable to me. He's bizarre! Every line out of his mouth is a weird attempt to be funny, or act smart, or something. He tries to be a comedian, but is so NOT funny. I can't stand him, and can't watch the show any more.

I hear so many complain about how awful he is, but he must have some nude photo's of the folks at NBC who do the hiring. :)

Olberman's only contribution to the world of sports is that I believe he coined the phrase "biscuit in the basket" to refer to a hockey goal.

That's the BEST thing I can say about this man.

Sounds like if you knocked her up she would have given birth to Dan Patrick.

Actually I did knock her up and our son Tony Kornheiser really makes us proud.

Actually I did knock her up and our son Tony Kornheiser really makes us proud.

Either you're really old or he has that Benjamin Button disease.

I know someone who worked with Costas when he was working with the NBA. I was a bit surprised to learn that he is, in fact, an arrogant and obnoxious a-hole who is only concerned about himself.

He is who we thought he was.

Last edited:
I know someone who worked with Costas when he was working with the NBA. I was not shocked in the slightest to learn that he is, in fact, an arrogant and obnoxious a-hole who is only concerned about himself.

He is who we thought he was.

Fixed your post

For some reason Costas has always rubbed me the wrong way. Didn't see his segment, but maybe he should ask Michael Irvin how those Cowboys were a better team then these Patriots. Fallen? Maybe the Patriot's dynasty is over, but they are still playing. They have been to 4 Superbowls, missed the playoffs last year with 11 wins and will be playing this weekend and most likely be a stronger team next year.
Only one team comes to mind with a longer run then this team and that's the 49er's. Of course, the 49er's can not achieve anymore wins, while the Patriots are still playing. Fallen?

He is definitely full of himself. I think he has a chip on his shoulder because he hasn't grown much since his roll as a "Lolly Pop Kid" in the Wizard of Oz.

I never watch the pre-game or half time shows even if my man Rodney is on. It's the worst football show ever. I even put the game on mute most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots