PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And Important Key To Patriot Winning Is Talent At WR ????

The Steelers are the 26th ranked defense in passing yards and 24th ranked in passing TD's and they still shut our offense down the entire second half and almost came back because of it. We won because their offense was inept and their best defensive player got hurt and was cycling in and out of the game.

Last week the same QB and OC got shut out by the 2nd worst passing defensive.

Zappe had a good game. Mac had a good game against much better Bills defense.

If the goal is to pick two outlier quarters for confirmation bias fine. But the fact that the offense started out hot and then got shut down by one of the lesser defenses in the leagues says something in its right.

This fanbase is so averse to getting WR talent after 5 years of watching decent defenses get let down no matter if Brady, Cam, Stidham, Mac or Zappe was the QB because they don't have the fire power on offense. If you want watch another mediocre offense next year because you don't want to do what all the teams that are successful do and then be sitting around you kinda deserve it at this point.

If the goal is to on occassion hold on because you can't ice a team like the Steelers in the second half, by all means stay the course. But realize that you got shut out for the last half of the game and almost lost to one of the bottom 3 defenses we will play this year

i'd like to know why it took playing his old team to get JuJu to actually put effort in........unless he miraculously somehow found better knee health, last night for him was all about actual effort......he looked to run better routes, ran harder, seemed to care.........i'd like to see if he can actually replicate that, but i'm not holding my breath.....to me this just solidified the fact that at this stage in his career, he really doesn't give a #@$!

i'd like to know why it took playing his old team to get JuJu to actually put effort in........unless he miraculously somehow found better knee health, last night for him was all about actual effort......he looked to run better routes, ran harder, seemed to care.........i'd like to see if he can actually replicate that, but i'm not holding my breath.....to me this just solidified the fact that at this stage in his career, he really doesn't give a #@$!
It seems pretty clear to me that the opening scripted plays were sort of a "Juju really wants this one so let's find a way to get him an impact". Then later in the game when we got past that, it sort of just reverted to normal again

Yep, first time I've seen him give a federal **** all year.

Interestingly, we play another former lover team next week...

Yeah, I agree, it's 100% a motivation thing with him. Very disappointed with him.

Yes, we need elite WRs....pural!

I suggest Tee Higgins, Jerry Jeudy, and a high draft pick (Harrison Jr. or the Washington kid).....

Even *I* could do 300 ypg w/ 3/1 TD/int ratio with that bunch!

Yes, we need elite WRs....pural!

I suggest Tee Higgins, Jerry Jeudy, and a high draft pick (Harrison Jr. or the Washington kid).....

Even *I* could do 300 ypg w/ 3/1 TD/int ratio with that bunch!
Skeptic GIF by Carrefour France

I am not sold on Jeudy, I cannot wrap my head around why everyone is in love with him, beyond the contract. Still, I question your ability to get 300 YPG. Send me film and we can analyze. ;)

There's a lot of presumption on this topic and we really don't know.

Juju had his knee worked on in the off-season. He just looked slow. Maybe he's just coming back up to speed. Maybe he and Mac just weren't on the same page. Or maybe, sure, he just looked at Mac and his hospitable balls and decided it wasn't worth it.

We don't know what he's been going through, physically. We also don't know how many times he's done his job and simply not had a QB looking his way.

Not sure what you mean... The WR1 cornerstones of the 2 Patriot dynasties were 8th and 7th rounders, respectively (the former producing with 2 different Patriot QBs). Yes they were talented in retrospect, but not during draft time.

The Steelers are the 26th ranked defense in passing yards and 24th ranked in passing TD's and they still shut our offense down the entire second half and almost came back because of it. We won because their offense was inept and their best defensive player got hurt and was cycling in and out of the game.

Last week the same QB and OC got shut out by the 2nd worst passing defensive.

Zappe had a good game. Mac had a good game against much better Bills defense.

If the goal is to pick two outlier quarters for confirmation bias fine. But the fact that the offense started out hot and then got shut down by one of the lesser defenses in the leagues says something in its right.

This fanbase is so averse to getting WR talent after 5 years of watching decent defenses get let down no matter if Brady, Cam, Stidham, Mac or Zappe was the QB because they don't have the fire power on offense. If you want watch another mediocre offense next year because you don't want to do what all the teams that are successful do and then be sitting around you kinda deserve it at this point.

If the goal is to on occassion hold on because you can't ice a team like the Steelers in the second half, by all means stay the course. But realize that you got shut out for the last half of the game and almost lost to one of the bottom 3 defenses we will play this year
Great shout down to anyone who dare imply anything positive about the Patriots.
You are working overtime as Captain Negativity.

It didn’t take playing his former team it took playing a Qb who threw the ball to to r right guy.
His routes were the same, he ran just as hard and he “seemed to care” just as much when 10 wasn’t throwing the ball to him at the right time or at all. You just didn’t see it because you are watching 10 throwing elsewhere.

Don't know how people can say a player is not trying. They don't know his health, they don't know how he fits in the offense, they don't know how hard he works. Now if there is proof of that, supply it. Not just about Juju, I see it frequently.

Skeptic GIF by Carrefour France

I am not sold on Jeudy, I cannot wrap my head around why everyone is in love with him, beyond the contract. Still, I question your ability to get 300 YPG. Send me film and we can analyze. ;)

It'll come down to dollars for Jeudy though....

But can you tell me that he WOULDN'T be our #1 here if we only added him to our bunch here in Foxboro? Maybe 1A to Borune/Douglas....but still an upgrade...

It'll come down to dollars for Jeudy though....

But can you tell me that he WOULDN'T be our #1 here if we only added him to our bunch here in Foxboro? Maybe 1A to Borune/Douglas....but still an upgrade...
I dunno man. I am not sold on him being that elite guy. He's better than what we have, maybe, but guys here talk like he's Jamaar Chase or CeeDee Lamb. I think people would ***** when he came here and wasn't Randy Moss 2.0. I think they've built him up to this mythic thing that he's not. I think he's probably in that 2nd or 3rd tier of good wideouts in the league. Just my opinion.

Great shout down to anyone who dare imply anything positive about the Patriots.
You are working overtime as Captain Negativity.
Upset Zappe played well and got a win and his Mac takes were all terrible.
Seems to be the theme.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back