PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey, Bob Costas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought in hearing Costa's rant was also a big F*** little man.

But in later analysis, I simply smiled knowing even when we're not the game on, we're always discussed. I remember, 25 years ago on national tv they wouldn't talk about the Pats if Lisa Olsen had man junk flapped at her in the locker room.

I didn't even see the offensive segment, but I am still ready to pile on - I hate Bob Costas. There is something really wrong with a 60 year-old adult male that thinks he is cute. Have you ever noticed that he is always delivering lines that he thinks are jokes but that are never funny?

Every once in a while a big, big network sportscaster - one that is at the top of the heap, covering seemingly every major event - has an abrupt fall from grace and disappears almost completely. It happened to Curt Gowdy, and it happened to Brent Musberger. Also Brent Gumble. Maybe we will get lucky and it will happen to Bob Costas!:)

Last edited:
Can't believe it. I never watch the Sunday pre-game. Sorry Rodney. So I watch a little game, the hated Jets are dominating so I go watch me some Tommy Lee Jones action flick. Tune back, it's halftime and BOOM! this half sized half wit outa nowhere starts squeaking about the decline of the Patriots! WTF?!? Where did THAT come from?

Not even Rodney gets me to watch that show. Keith Olberman is so forced it's uncomfortable; I have NEVER liked Bob Costas and do not get why he is on this show; and Dungy, well, he's Dungy and I can't stand him and his holier-than-thou attitude. Sorry Rodney. I wait until kick-off to tune in, then I don't have to get so annoyed.

My first thought in hearing Costa's rant was also a big F*** little man.

But in later analysis, I simply smiled knowing even when we're not the game on, we're always discussed. I remember, 25 years ago on national tv they wouldn't talk about the Pats if Lisa Olsen had man junk flapped at her in the locker room.

Isn't that the ONLY time they talked about the Pats 25 years ago?! :)

Can't believe it. I never watch the Sunday pre-game. Sorry Rodney. So I watch a little game, the hated Jets are dominating so I go watch me some Tommy Lee Jones action flick. Tune back, it's halftime and BOOM! this half sized half wit outa nowhere starts squeaking about the decline of the Patriots! WTF?!? Where did THAT come from?

That was my exact reaction.

I think this is my first 5-star (for now) thread. So based on that: Hey, Bob Costas... still **** YOU!

I can't add anything else exc. that I agree 100% with all of the reactions, and the reasons for them. To prevent any more headaches than I already have received throughout the season, I never watch PMSNBC before kick-off, at half-time, or post-game; I also never watch FESPN until the draft; and I also change channels on NFLN whenever Marshall Faulk, Warren Sapp, Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin appear.

Re: Hey, Bob Costas:

you're worried about what a 5'1 guy has to say?

A lot of people were worried about what Napoleon had to say back when he was kicking the carp out of Europe back in the day. He wasn't much taller than 5'1".

Costas GFY. You're 8' tall when standing on your ego.

People still don't understand the overwhelming collective jealousy of New Yorkers, they feel like they control the world and when it doesn't turn out their way the freak! Please note that this was also a Jets game so they played to the Hater Jets Nation.
Olberman is the guy who thinks he's funny by being sarcastic and caustic but never has a nice thing to say so he comes off as a jerk. He thinks he's really smart but he's not smart enough to realize that arrogant sarcasm needs to be tempered with humble self deprecation to avoid being perceived as a jerk.

I'll never, ever understand why Costas is on football-related programming. He's declared many times that he's a "baseball guy." His alleged broadcasting "talents" aren't significant enough to cross over to other sports.

Re: Hey, Bob Costas:

A lot of people were worried about what Napoleon had to say back when he was kicking the carp out of Europe back in the day. He wasn't much taller than 5'1".

So did those carp go to like, China?

that..once again as he mentions the jets now.. at the eagls/cowboys halftime

Prediction: this thread will last as long as we're still alive in the playoffs.

was that barkley i saw on the halftime show today ? omg ! serenity now ! that show is such a waste. poor rodney.

I can't add anything else exc. that I agree 100% with all of the reactions, and the reasons for them. To prevent any more headaches than I already have received throughout the season, I never watch PMSNBC before kick-off, at half-time, or post-game; I also never watch FESPN until the draft; and I also change channels on NFLN whenever Marshall Faulk, Warren Sapp, Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin appear.

ESPN is pretty horrible for anything but stat digging, play by plays, and Around the Horn, PTI. NBC is downright atrocious and their football shows are pathetic. Rodney is the only one I like and Collinsworth and Michaels are good together. That CBS crap is a trainwreck with that many guys and their fake laughs are hideous.

I will watch Irvin and Deion though. Those guys (along with Mariucci) are more pro-Patriot then people think and do offer good insight. Also, they are the only, ONLY, TV analysts who make me laugh. Faulk is such a bitter man and Warren is beyond stupid when it comes to football. So is Jamie Dukes. I am still waiting for the day (hopefully 7 years from now) after Brady retires and is invited on NFL Network and when Faulk makes a snide remark about the Patriots, Brady just goes off on him beating him into the ground.

was that barkley i saw on the halftime show today ? omg ! serenity now ! that show is such a waste. poor rodney.

I saw Barkley on SNL today. He's hilarious, but OMFG is he huge. Like, orka big.

I saw Barkley on SNL today. He's hilarious, but OMFG is he huge. Like, orka big.

I like Barkley too. Loved him on The Haney Project on the Golf Channel. Worst golf swing ever..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back