PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk: arm injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob is right in regards to he could play on Thursday if it's only a hairline fracture with the NFL allowing players to wear plaster casts during games, something a lot of other contact sports don't allow.

It's clearly not a major break with both bones snapped in half so he isn't going to miss too much time, if any at all.

Last edited:
Tom E. Curran just tweeted that a "source" tells him it is indeed broken.

Tom E. Curran's sources have not been reliable in the past. Well, it looks like no Gronk on Thursday.

When I broke mine I was back playing Rugby in 4 weeks, albeit with a pad.

With that in mind, if it isn't a serious break and just a hairline Gronk could be back in 2-3 weeks. It might depend if it's the Radius or Ulna which is broke too, there's 2 bones in your forearm.

Precisely.

IF it is broken, then which bone it is, and how it is broken, and how large the break is, and where on the forearm, are all factors which will add up to determine his availability.

K, we know it's broken, someone tell me what it means. Timetable for recovery??

It really depends upon the severity. He could be playing with a cast, or he could miss several weeks.

Yeah, depending on the break, he may not even miss a game. If it is broken, it is doubtful he will play Thursday. But I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing against Miami in two weeks if it is hairline. It all depends on the break and Gronk's tolerance for pain.

My guess is the only way he misses the season is if it was a severe compound fracture which I doubt was the case.

Wouldn't really need to get confirmation if it was. I'm hoping that the fact that it required confirmation and that they didn't know it was broken means that it's a hairline fracture.

Time to adapt the offense. The ultimate shifty offense with Welker, Hernandez, Edelman, and Lloyd.

Edelman needs to continue his greatness!

better then a broken leg, players have continued playing after breaking a arm, rodney harrison comes to mind.. wasnt terrell owens playing 2 weeks after he broke his once?

Didn't Ninkovich play with a broken arm last year?

Fletcher played with a broken thumb too (which can actually be worse).

Didn't Junior Seau play with a cast after breaking his arm? And that **** was snapped.

Didn't Junior Seau play with a cast after breaking his arm? And that **** was snapped.

Could he play with a cast? Yes, but will he be effective in the passing game with one? Doubtful. Let him heal and if it's a hairline break he could be ready for the Texans game in 3 weeks.

If we get Nandez back and Shiancoe plays well, we should be ok.

Last edited:
The old remedy of wrapping the break tightly with a fresh kielbasa comes to mind.

Last edited:
better then a broken leg, players have continued playing after breaking a arm, rodney harrison comes to mind.. wasnt terrell owens playing 2 weeks after he broke his once?

So did Edelperson his rookie season (played with a carbon-fiber cast the second half of the season).

Could he play with a cast? Yes, but will he be effective in the passing game with one? Doubtful. Let him heal and if it's a hairline break he could be ready for the Texans game in 3 weeks.

We don't know that. The guy has a great tolerance for pain. He might be fine if it is a minor hairline fracture.

I wouldn't used him as a blocker, but he might be effective as a receiver.

sit him down then...so the little Nancys here can cry like the baby girls they are...then F-Stomp the Rats in their house... Gronkless...then we will find out the next target for the Wailing Wall that infests this site and be prepared for the hundreds of "I KNEW IT!!!" idiots proclaiming doom and gloom again..

My biggest question is how will this affect Gronk's abilities to do late night Insanity workouts or keg stands at fans' birthday parties. People need to get their priorities straight.

For Thursday if hernandez cant go, Welker, Lloyd, Edelman is still way better than Caldwell, Gaffney, old Brown. :D

We don't know that. The guy has a great tolerance for pain. He might be fine if it is a minor hairline fracture.

I wouldn't used him as a blocker, but he might be effective as a receiver.

Depends where the break is but normally the cast will immobilize the wrist as well. Gronk is good but he can't catch every pass with one hand.

So did Edelperson his rookie season (played with a carbon-fiber cast the second half of the season).

I remember that!

He scored a TD with it on too...@ Colts I believe.

Between this and last year we should call him Glasskowski.

Just figured I'd beat the Chicken Littles to the punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back