Gronk's whining about "no-fun Patriots" is wearing thin

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Absolutely loved this guy as a player, he was an all-time great. But someone needs to tell him life doesn't necessarily revolve around always "having fun." Maybe coming back to Foxboro for that red jacket would be a chore too?

Then there's this:

Looked like he was having fun winning all those games and Super Bowls.

He left and won. Meanwhile, what’s happened in New England?

Sorry but people need to stop being butthurt over ex-Pats players and other players across the league saying Belichick is a hardass and sometimes it’s NOT actually in the “best interests of the team.”

“We here in New England run a strict no-nonsense no-funny business operation where emotions are put to the side and it’s football all day every day and that’s why we win, oh btw Malcolm you’re benched because you made Steve cry.”

He left and won. Meanwhile, what’s happened in New England?

Sorry but people need to stop being butthurt over ex-Pats players and other players across the league saying Belichick is a hardass and sometimes it’s NOT actually in the “best interests of the team.”
“We here in New England run a strict no-nonsense no-funny business operation where emotions are put to the side and it’s football all day every day and that’s why we win, oh btw Malcolm you’re benched because you made Steve cry.”

Last I checked the Tampa Bay ghetto is still open for business, you'd best hightail it back. Or are they still butthurt over there?

Ben Coates was my favorite TE until Gronk entered the picture. But some of these guys are really mentally soft getting offended when Bill would critique them after a win to make it feel like "they lost". These players should be able to decide if what Bill was pointing out was justified or just going over the top. And the leaders of the team should've known it was to show the rest of the team that even the star players can be held accountable.

I also get a kick out of when a sports professional says they need to have more fun in the workplace. Sorry, but you are getting paid millions of dollars and the Owner expects to see results. This is not Pop Warner football.

I don't consider it "butthurt" like your fellow Bucs refugee @VectorPrime is demonstrating. I'd call it more a case of "Come on, man."
We already knew he didn't like the environment in NE but the winning helped its been documented before.

We already knew he didn't like the environment in NE but the winning helped its been documented before.

Gronk is flailing about for attention resurrecting a dead horse from three years ago. With his post-football 15 minutes dwindling the man needs to reinvent himself, somehow.

If he’s being honest about it then you can’t fault him. The environment isn’t for everybody. There’s a lot of good coaches in the history of sports who won but made life miserable for their players. I just watched some NHL players talking about coach Mike Babcock who had a lot of success in Detroit and other places and the players hated him. He was a good coach but he was a prick.

I am not really bothered by the sassy attitude. Gronk helped the team I root for win some games. He seemed ready to perform and gave an excellent effort. I loved it.

I’ve never really liked “off the field” Gronk. But really, that doesn’t change the fact that he won when he was in NE. And winning is everything.

If he’s being honest about it then you can’t fault him. The environment isn’t for everybody. There’s a lot of good coaches in the history of sports who won but made life miserable for their players. I just watched some NHL players talking about coach Mike Babcock who had a lot of success in Detroit and other places and the players hated him. He was a good coach but he was a prick.

What's missing from the message simply is: greatness requires major pain-in-the-ass drudgery (a/k/a sacrifice). Gronk reaped beaucoup dividends from not "having fun" being pushed to excel while winning championships and making millions.

Last edited:
This would not be a discussion if they let Malcom play in that game.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back