PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk: arm injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
To tell you the truth, I was more worried about Gronk suffering a lower body injury (the only way to tackle him is to go low) or the hip injury becoming chronic/worsening. He now has a month of no contact to get right.

If the Pats can enter the playoffs relatively healthy, I wouldn't change their roster with any other team. Not even overly concerned about going on the road for the playoffs since the Pats will travel much better with their more balanced offense. The key is health in January.

I actually think McGahee's injury is a bigger deal. A leg fracture and an MCL tear for a RB accounting for 25% of your offense? Good luck with play action now. If he does come back for the playoffs, it will be after not running for over a month. Gronk won't be able to lift for a while, but I'm not worried about his arm strength for the playoffs.

I echoed these sentiments about a month ago. You never want to injury bug to hit the team. But if there was ever a "good" time for it to happen, it's in the beginning or the middle of the season. That way, when the playoffs come around, your starters are coming back, they're healthy, and their legs are rested.

Don't know if this has been posted, but it's a great Belichickism. Quoted by Reiss from WEEI.
"Football players play football. You tell me which guys are going to get hurt and I'll get them out of there."

Dang... so we've lost Gronk for the rest of the season. That sucks. Such a talented young man. He was on pace to shatter some records as well before this injury happened.

Hopefully Hernandez is ready by the Jets game. Either that or Shiancoe needs to show why he was picked up. LOL

What people don't seem to be getting is that special teams plays like PAT tries are very low risk, injury-wise. Obviously, as evidenced by yesterday's game, they do happen, but Gronk would be way more likely to get hurt during your average week of practice than the PAT try, and obviously, nobody would suggest that he shouldn't be practicing.

As opposed to say, playing regular snaps full-tilt, still trying to hammer the opposition to a pulp, like Brady and Gronk were doing with less than three minutes to go in a 5 TD blowout? Only one word comes to mind for this: Asinine.

As opposed to say, playing regular snaps full-tilt, still trying to hammer the opposition to a pulp, like Brady and Gronk were doing with less than three minutes to go in a 5 TD blowout? Only one word comes to mind for this: Asinine.

Except they weren't out there with less than 3 minutes left. :bricks:

You do realize that by the seven minute mark Gronk was out of the game for good on offense, Welker right after that (after his reception on 3rd-and long) and then Brady was out for good at about the 4 minute mark?

In other words, you do realize that your entire set of allegations is made-up crap, right?

Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots - Play By Play - November 18, 2012 - ESPN

Last edited:
I almost started a new thread on this, but the story didn't have quite enough depth. Good perspective on what Gronk has done so far.

2012 NFL: New England Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski on Furious Pace Toward Records - The Daily Fix - WSJ

(Sunday's) receptions and yardage pushed him past Kellen Winslow for the most career catches and receiving yards for a tight end by age 23. Gronkowski’s touchdowns gave him 37 in his career, tying him with Tony Gonzalez for the most for a tight end through age 26, an age Gronkwoski will reach in April 2015. Gonzalez had 37 touchdowns in 95 games, including 82 starts. Gronkowski reached that milestone in 42 games, 37 of them starts.

and

If he is healthy for the postseason, he could add to another of his accomplishments: One more three-TD-reception game in the playoffs will give him the second-most, all-time, for any position, with two.

At age 35 we see Brady sulking on the bench more than ever. I prefer him enjoying himself in these blowouts. You can tell how much they love, and as fans we should appreciate anything that keeps Bradys fire for the game going.

People say its the legs that go first for a QB. I honestly think its the heart.

(booing #4 yesterday was classless...)

Total B.S. He's a player on the opposing team. He should be booed hard, heavy, early, and often.

And if that wasn't enough, he's now in his 7th year with the Colts and by the time this season ends will have played 41% of his entire career with the Colts, so it's not like he just left NE.

From BB's appearance on WEEI this afternoon:

Bill Belichick said:
"I could just hear it now, if someone else is in at wing that wasn't used to playing there on the field-goal team, and a guy came around the edge and dove in there and the holder or kicker got torn up -- 'Why was he in there? Why wouldn't you go with the same guy that's been doing it all game?' We can play that game all game. As long as you know what the results are, you always have the right argument. Players are prepared to play 60 minutes. The game is 60 minutes long. If you can take a guy out, or you want to take a guy out, you can do that. But a guy's got to play."

I almost started a new thread on this, but the story didn't have quite enough depth. Good perspective on what Gronk has done so far.

2012 NFL: New England Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski on Furious Pace Toward Records - The Daily Fix - WSJ

and

I almost started another thread on this, but since it's a letter to patriots haters, including some knuckleheaded mediots and a segment of patsfans...whom he exposes as agenda driven frauds if not total dunderheads on a variety of whines quite convincingly.

The first ridiculous assumption is that there is something wrong with Gronkowski being on the extra-point team. Yes, Gronkowski is the most valuable tight end in the NFL, but a lot of starting tight ends play on extra points. In fact, a lot of the other most valuable tight ends in the league play on extra points. Jimmy Graham plays on the extra-point team, as do Jason Witten, Brandon Pettigrew, and Jermaine Gresham.

Now, the fact is that a four-touchdown lead in 2012 may not be as safe as we would like to think. This season has been filled with remarkable fourth-quarter comebacks from deficits previously thought insurmountable. Just last year, the Patriots nearly blew a 28-point lead in the fourth quarter against a far inferior Colts team that had Dan Orlovsky at quarterback instead of Andrew Luck.

In Week 4, John Fox still had Peyton Manning on the field in the fourth quarter with a 28-point lead, and Manning was still throwing from a shotgun set with 5:58 left in the game.

In Week 6, Mike McCarthy still had Aaron Rodgers on the field in the fourth quarter with a 25-point lead, and Rodgers was still throwing from a shotgun set with 5:39 left in the game.

In Week 10, Pete Carroll still had Russell Wilson on the field in the fourth quarter with a 21-point lead. That's smaller than the 28-point lead the Patriots had, but Wilson was still in the game in the last two minutes, in the shotgun and passing the ball on fourth-and-3.

Just yesterday, both Drew Brees and Robert Griffin were still in the game late in the fourth quarter. Brees was still passing the ball with a 28-point lead and six minutes left. Griffin was still passing the ball with a 25-point lead and five minutes left.

When are the Patriots supposed to start kneeling on the ball? With four minutes left? Six? At the beginning of the fourth quarter? Is there a chart for when every NFL team is supposed to start taking a knee? I can see it now: New England is running up the score unless it starts kneeling on the ball with 10 minutes left. Green Bay doesn't have to start kneeling until there are four minutes left. Kansas City, to be safe, should refrain from kneeling until they have showered after the game. Tim Tebow, of course, gets to kneel whenever he feels like it.

I understand that winning teams get a target on their back. I understand that a lot of sportswriters don't like Bill Belichick because he gives the most annoying, information-free press conferences ever. And I understand that a lot of Patriots fans are douchebags, especially those who were booing former Pats great Adam Vinatieri when he came on to kick for the Colts yesterday. It's still no reason to hold the Patriots to an insane standard that doesn't apply to any other team in the NFL. Spygate was five years ago. It's time to get over it.

Dear Insane Patriots Haters: It's Not Bill Belichick's Fault That Rob Gronkowski Broke His Arm

At age 35 we see Brady sulking on the bench more than ever. I prefer him enjoying himself in these blowouts. You can tell how much they love, and as fans we should appreciate anything that keeps Bradys fire for the game going.

Obviously for a segment of the fanbase it's the brain...

th

I'm just not buyin' that Gronk's got a broken arm... I think he's just getting some upgrade.

six-million-dollar-man-lenticular-image.jpg

6a00d83452989a69e201127905ea0028a4-800wi

shalise manza young ‏@shalisemyoung
according to a league source, Rob Gronkowski is expected to try to practice this week. Gronkowski underwent surgery on his broken arm Nov 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back