PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman offered 3-year deal, he opts to test free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Brinks trucks, maybe, but plenty of brinks-manship. There's a group of shifty little WRs on this year's market -- Edelman, Hawkins, Smith, Sanders. And there's a group of suitors. If you're not the first choice of one of the most eager and free-spending suitors, you could end up better off by waiting until their first choice signs elsewhere.

I hear you; the alternative is destroying your career Eric Decker style and signing with a team where you are going to become a 500-600 yard receiver. I still expect Edelman back here; he was saw working out with Brady in CA just 3 days ago.

No Brinks trucks, maybe, but plenty of brinks-manship. There's a group of shifty little WRs on this year's market -- Edelman, Hawkins, Smith, Sanders. And there's a group of suitors. If you're not the first choice of one of the most eager and free-spending suitors, you could end up better off by waiting until their first choice signs elsewhere.

nono cant happend, ppl need to know the NAME on the player. Skillset and Price not so much

Edelman will be back IMO....49ers aren't going to offer him elite money to be the #3 WR behind crabtree/boldin. competing with Manningham.

the WR market appears to be soft.

Last I looked, Brady and Edelman are practicing a short drive away from San Francisco.

Besides, Brady has been known to practice with WR's that didn't end up on the team.

I still expect Edelman back here; he was saw working out with Brady in CA just 3 days ago.

They offered him a take it or leave it deal. He left.

Edelman will be back IMO....49ers aren't going to offer him elite money to be the #3 WR behind crabtree/boldin. competing with Manningham.

the WR market appears to be soft.

Manningham is looking for a job.

And if SF offers Edelman anything comparable to what the Pats did he probably sign with them. He grew up 20 miles from SF. He's been on record saying the 49ers were his favorite team growing up.

Emmanuel Sanders is visiting the 49ers tomorrow. That could affect whether or not they sign Edelman.

Although I love Minitron, I think at this point he is expendable. I'm ok with Amendola on the slot and focusing in big targets.

im surprised we havent had more visits from WR's other than brandon LaFell. you would think with the soft market and the pats need we would have heard more names attached to them other than Edelman, brandon Lafell and them reaching out to Steve Smith

The draft has four rounds full of promising WR prospects. All of them are so much cheaper than paying inflated free agency prices for a so-so veteran.

The draft has four rounds full of promising WR prospects. All of them are so much cheaper than paying inflated free agency prices for a so-so veteran.

Sure, but college football and NFL are on two different levels. Hence why you sometimes see someone perform amazing feats in college, then suddenly play like garbage in the NFL. In the NFL, there's a higher caliber of skill and competition.

Have a bad feeling Edelman will join San Fran. Wouldn't be able to blame him for wanted to play for the team he rooted for growing up.

Have a bad feeling Edelman will join San Fran. Wouldn't be able to blame him for wanted to play for the team he rooted for growing up.

I don't think he will. From the sounds of this, they are just kicking Edelman's tires and aren't hot on him.

I don't think he will. From the sounds of this, they are just kicking Edelman's tires and aren't hot on him.

Hope you're right. Edelman will probably have to come back here cheap if San Fran doesn't sign him.

They offered him a take it or leave it deal. He left.

No they didn't. They offered him a deal to lock him up before FA started and he decided to see if he could get a better deal elsewhere.
There was no take it or leave it ultimatum, its still on the table.

Sure, but college football and NFL are on two different levels. Hence why you sometimes see someone perform amazing feats in college, then suddenly play like garbage in the NFL. In the NFL, there's a higher caliber of skill and competition.

Sure, but it's not like this group of veteran free agent receivers are the second coming of Randy Moss. I mean, we are talking about 35 year old guys and players like E. Sanders and J. Edelman. The best of them are just a step above JAG.

This is true. The draft is looking good for WR, FA has a few good names, so I'm not surprised teams are in no hurry.

Only the Jets acted like they HAD to lock one up right away and apparently believe they should build their offense around Decker who only ever really looked decent with Peyton Manning throwing him passes. A clear answer to dealing with our recent acquisition, Revis. It's all strategy.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick