PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
avb-man-u-celebration.gif

We had no one get open against the broncos. i think it's a pretty big need still.

That because Brady spend more time avoiding the rush. Our OL during that game was just as bad as the DL, no push whatsoever on running plays. This was against a mediocre denver pass rush without Von Miller too.

Address the OL, DL, 2nd TE, 4th LB first.

Valid point. but just like Reiss said in his recent piece. "The status quo won't be good enough" at WR. We're relying too heavily on 3 rookies development.

We barely had any possessions in the AFCCG. That's because our D couldn't get off the field. I think addressing the problems on D is the biggest priority. Secondary is set. Now it's time to address the d-line.

The offense won't be great but it should be good enough with Edelman's return, Dobson hopefully making a 2nd year leap, and Gronk returning. Granted, I look at having Gronk on the field in the playoffs as a bonus - I fully realize that it may not happen. Also, Boyce should promise at the end of last year.

We won SBs with no name receivers and excellent defenses. We saw this year what happens when a high powered offense goes up against an excellent defense. Defense always comes out on top.

We had no one get open against the broncos. i think it's a pretty big need still.

that's because Brady had all of 2 seconds in the pocket with no running game...OL is much more important.

We barely had any possessions in the AFCCG. That's because our D couldn't get off the field.

Didn't help that the offense first 3 drives were 3,3,7. 3 punts, 1:21, 1:23, 3:43

Anyone else feel like a smoothie?

This is an excellent move by the Patriots. Edelman is sneaky good; he is quick and elusive and now knows how to avoid the big hit. I am not sure he is appreciated around the league as much as he should be. Nice move by the Patriots; they just need a field-stretcher WR now.

This is great news!!!

great news, indeed!

seems like the market was softer than anticipated for edelperson. we should be discussing:
1) how the front office is (not cheap) fair in giving out deals to players. they wont overpay but they will give them good offers e.g. (welker, edelman, etc)
2) now maybe jules feels disrespected by the market and will play with a big chip on his shoulder....whatcha gonna do when edelmania runs wild on you!

LOL at the Lombardi flying past Peyton.

Seriously, our offense is set except for a few moves.

1. A legit backup #2 TE for Gronk.
2. A legit interior OL either a center or a guard, because Connolly can slide into C if need be.
3. A vet WR to take the pressure off the young WRs on this team. You know Burleson was lobbying pretty hard for the Pats. If he's willing to come on the cheap he could be a real solid #3 option.

Thompkins sucked, and Boyce wasn't even good enough to get him off the field. The sort of growth they'd need is a lot more than you typically get in a year 1 - year 2 jump.
Thompkins did not "suck," he did well for a rookie learning the ropes while battling injury. He had 32 catches in 12 games. He should continue to develop into a reliable possession receiver/red zone target. Boyce was the most raw of the three but is fast and has KR potential; jury's still out on him. Dobson can be your legit downfield threat.

I'm tired of watching Manning get the likes of Harrison, Thomas and Wayne at outside WR while Brady has to make do with scraps since the Moss years. Let's see them get the man a legit outside WR duo.
But WHERE are you going to find them? Trade? (Not worth the resources.) Draft? (This would mean more rookie growing pains in the complex offense.) Again, this team was without a legit tight end threat most of the season. Once that is addressed I think you'll see the current WR corps flourish.

1. Blount or a replacement

LOL at the Lombardi flying past Peyton.

Seriously, our offense is set except for a few moves.

1. A legit backup #2 TE for Gronk.
2. A legit interior OL either a center or a guard, because Connolly can slide into C if need be.
3. A vet WR to take the pressure off the young WRs on this team. You know Burleson was lobbying pretty hard for the Pats. If he's willing to come on the cheap he could be a real solid #3 option.

I think we're going to draft the outside receiver. don't see anyone left in FA that can be the outside guy. lots resting on Dobsons shoulders although boyce has the speed too.

I hope that you will happy with our 6th or 7th round addition.

I think we're going to draft the outside receiver. don't see anyone left in FA that can be the outside guy. lots resting on Dobsons shoulders although boyce has the speed too.

so...the Pats sign two DB's, their 105 reception WR and the last TE standing on the roster last season.....I wonder...do they "hate their coach"?...or...

"I HATE MYSELF"

18j544ukp5bg1jpg.jpg

Just gonna' leave this here for the Thompkins haters...

vs. Saints, 4th quarter, 0:06 on clock.

Just gonna' leave this here for the Thompkins haters...

vs. Saints, 4th quarter, 0:06 on clock.

I still remember that game, absolutely incredible answer from Tom throwing the int and the defense stopping the saints for the last drive.

While my wish is for James Jones, I don't think financially they could get a deal done.

I do think they should sign someone like Lafell, Avant, Britt, Manningham, or Austin if the deal is right

I'm still of the mindset the Pats would be able to replace Edelman, but I am glad he is back. It makes it easier on offense.

Stil think he will be Brady's third target a majority of the time when Gronk and Dobson are healthy and on the field (which was the case last year). But he will have games where he will be "The Guy"

Great news, ian rapaport thinks the pats will add one more free agent WR. He didn't speculate as to who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes