PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Citizen_kane_clapping.gif

YAY! Oh, this is good news. What a great free agency period this has been for us so far!

Jarred Allen and Mack would be amazing, if we could only get one though, I think I would lean toward Allen. Tough call though, I can dream can't I. lol

It's been a real good free agency period.

I agree. Would love to address pass rush before the draft.

At the beginning of the Free Agency it looked grim and I didn't give much hope for next season. Edelman left to test FA. We were dealt a huge blow by losing Talib to the Broncos.

Now we have Edelman. We signed Revis and then signed Browner. We still have issues that we need to deal with but we are much better now.

And the best part is we still have the draft. We can definitely improve some more with the draft and now my hopes for next season have skyrocketed.

Can't wait until the season starts!

:)

I'd be fine with Blount and an interior offensive lineman.

They won't be able to afford it but day five and six would look good if they go Jared Allen, Alex Mack :rocker:

And yes, I know that won't happen.

Kelvin Benjamin and or Odell Beckham would look great in a Patriots jersey.
So glad Brady kept a Binky hope it's a 3 year deal.

At the beginning of the Free Agency it looked grim and I didn't give much hope for next season. Edelman left to test FA. We were dealt a huge blow by losing Talib to the Broncos.

Now we have Edelman. We signed Revis and then signed Browner. We still have issues that we need to deal with but we are much better now.

And the best part is we still have the draft. We can definitely improve some more with the draft and now my hopes for next season have skyrocketed.

Can't wait until the season starts!
And it's a nice, deep draft too.

Very cool. If he can stay on the field all season, no reason he cant snag close to 100 again. Prob a little less with Gronk (hopefully) back in the mix. Im still hoping they go after a league minimum guy with upside like Miles Austin or Kenny Britt too.

I agree. Would love to address pass rush before the draft.

I'd settle for Wootton(even if he isnt a great pass rusher), it could allow Jones and Ninko to be more fresh along with the ability to move inside.

Weird that there is no news about him.

Very cool. If he can stay on the field all season, no reason he cant snag close to 100 again. Prob a little less with Gronk (hopefully) back in the mix. Im still hoping they go after a league minimum guy with upside like Miles Austin or Kenny Britt too.

Kenny Britt or James Jones would be perfect.

Edelman is a perfect fit for our offensive system. So this is great news. Not to mention he already has the trust and rapport built up with Brady.

There's just a lot of risk of flopping when you hire a receiver who has never been exposed to our system and its read option dynamic. Will be interested in hearing the contract details but I'm pretty sure they were reasonable terms.

Next I would like to see us go after a TE like an Owen Daniels.
Edit: Chandler was resigned by the Bills.

2 questions moving forward:

1.) With Amendola as the SWR1, and Dobson as the WR2, do they make Edelman a 'true' WR3, or do they use him the way they were going to use him in Welker's last year?

2.) Do you look for another true outside WR, or do you just use Edelman in the hybrid mode? That extra WR could give an interesting 4 wide set, but it would require much more massaging of the snap totals.
Provided Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce show due growth, I see no need for another WR. The five we have aboard should do the job provided another legit threat at TE is drafted to complement/spell Gronk. The only wildcard might be a late-round or undrafted rookie who bumps Thompkins or Boyce; I see no need to invest heavily in another WR via the draft, FA or trade.

HALLELUJAH!!!!​

:rocker::rocker::rocker:​

I am greatly relieved. So much better for this team than Smith or any of the other WR options available.

If Dobson is healthy we are set at WR. Now get another Gronk-like tight end, some interior OL help and the offense is good to go!

Agreed. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins or bust for me.

I could live with Troy Niklas or CJ Fiedorowicz I suppose

Provided Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce show due growth, I see no need for another WR. The five we have aboard should do the job provided another legit threat at TE is drafted to complement/spell Gronk. The only wildcard might be a late-round or undrafted rookie who bumps Thompkins or Boyce; I see no need to invest heavily in another WR via the draft or trade.

We just don't have a break away guy that can go up top. Hopefully Dobson can be that guy though.

Provided Dobson, Thompkins and Boyce show due growth, I see no need for another WR. The five we have aboard should do the job provided another legit threat at TE is drafted to complement/spell Gronk. The only wildcard might be a late-round or undrafted rookie who bumps Thompkins or Boyce; I see no need to invest heavily in another WR via the draft or trade.

Like x a lot

Just said pretty much the same thing in the draft forum.

Kenny Britt or James Jones would be perfect.

Both id be happy with. Even Lance More. But don't sleep on Miles Austin. He runs really crisp routes. Brady makes those kind of guys look like superstars.

**Maybe the sophomores take a major step forward this year, that'd be great. But Id like to have at least one more proven vet in the stable for TB to go to if things don't pan out that way.

2 questions moving forward:

1.) With Amendola as the SWR1, and Dobson as the WR2, do they make Edelman a 'true' WR3, or do they use him the way they were going to use him in Welker's last year?

2.) Do you look for another true outside WR, or do you just use Edelman in the hybrid mode? That extra WR could give an interesting 4 wide set, but it would require much more massaging of the snap totals.

I just have this feeling Boyce will get a lot of snaps this year. Edelman will be all over the place - slot/outside. That's a big part of his value.

Amendola/Edelman/Boyce/Dobson (Thompkins/Harrison/FA?)...and I think we'll need to see the recap to figure out who was playing where what % of the time each game.

Let's just get another TE that can catch and this offense should be fine, especially with a D that will give them better field position, I expect.

The WR corps needed continuity and stability. Re-signing Edelman was a no-brainer move all things considered.

Hopefully, his stats this season fall well below his mark from last year, because that would mean the 2nd year guys would be more dependable and producing along with the other vets staying healthy so that Jules doesn't have to be the only reliable target for Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe