PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JE11: Are We Back...

You can hate on Jones all you want.
Lots of people do.
The point here is that "decently accurate" is not accurate.
He was very accurate yesterday.

Oh please, Mac Jones supporters are just looking for an excuse to take offense at what I said.

A lot of anti-Mac people wouldn't have gone as far as I have - out right stating he played very well, that he lead this team to victory in the final minutes of the game and unequivocally stating Mac earned this win.

I have eaten my fair share of crow today because of his performance. Would gladly have another helping next week if he continues to not **** things up.

So what did this game mean? Should I change my views based on this one game?

1) Obviously, we want to avoid putting too much weight on one game, so let's get that out of the way, but "We'll it was just one game, so I can't draw any conclusion at all." is just as lazy and erroneous a take as "Based on what I saw, we are Super Bowl bound and Mac is TB12 reborn." So,

its not "lazy and erroneous" or a "bad take" to not draw conclusions from a single victory.... As of this week Mas performance vs Buffalo is the outlier over his last 24 games.

He had an amazing game and finally showed some balls credit to him
We ain't back though we a bad team and a lot of the problems we're because of Mac

I am perfectly fine with dinking and dunking if it puts points on the board.

If that turns out to be Macs game, so be it... Would rather have a 6 yard reception x 10 vs 1 60 yard bomb over the course of the game.
And plenty of running plays. I really enjoy that more than anything. Seeing my team bulldoze their way down the field gets me pumped.

Oh please, Mac Jones supporters are just looking for an excuse to take offense at what I said.

A lot of anti-Mac people wouldn't have gone as far as I have - out right stating he played very well, that he lead this team to victory in the final minutes of the game and unequivocally stating Mac earned this win.

I have eaten my fair share of crow today because of his performance. Would gladly have another helping next week if he continues to not **** things up.
I really don't think there are any Mac Jones boosters, just people who have not shut the door in the possibility that he could be good under the right circumstances.

The patriots are not back, but they took a step in yhe right direction. That is better than the pile of crap they put on the field for 3 games.

its not "lazy and erroneous" or a "bad take" to not draw conclusions from a single victory.... As of this week Mas performance vs Buffalo is the outlier over his last 24 games.
To refuse to take note of data - of what happened - because it might affect one's views is the very definition of intellectual dishonesty and paralysis. I can respect those who are tentative in drawing conclusions from a single data set, but to say that data means nothing is nonsense. Obviously this isn't a black/white sort of thing: it is a matter of sussing out the "degree"of encouragement properly to be drawn. In such venues as this, we are subjected to such crude and childish and false dichotomies as force us to declare ourselves, for example, as either Mac haters or Mac lovers. This is silly, forming a fine basis for pissing contests, but not for sober thought. To assert either that we must change our views utterly because of one game, or that we must assert - as a way of cherishing yesterday's erroneous thinking - that the facts mean nothing is just different forms of the same silliness. Mac played a good game. That means something. As for those who have been foolish enough to deny that such a performance was possible, that's their problem. They were wrong, the facts tell us, so we ought not be surprised, I suppose, when they choose not to take note of those facts..

I really don't think there are any Mac Jones boosters, just people who have not shut the door in the possibility that he could be good under the right circumstances.

The patriots are not back, but they took a step in yhe right direction. That is better than the pile of crap they put on the field for 3 games.
based on the amount of "dislikes" i have gotten, there are indeed Mac Jones boosters out there.

Agreed. Much better this week than the previous three. Hope that trend continues.

Reactions: sb1
To refuse to take note of data - of what happened - because it might affect one's views is the very definition of intellectual dishonesty and paralysis. I can respect those who are tentative in drawing conclusions from a single data set, but to say that data means nothing is nonsense. Obviously this isn't a black/white sort of thing: it is a matter of sussing out the "degree"of encouragement properly to be drawn. In such venues as this, we are subjected to such crude and childish and false dichotomies as force us to declare ourselves, for example, as either Mac haters or Mac lovers. This is silly, forming a fine basis for pissing contests, but not for sober thought. To assert either that we must change our views utterly because of one game, or that we must assert - as a way of cherishing yesterday's erroneous thinking - that the facts mean nothing is just different forms of the same silliness. Mac played a good game. That means something. As for those who have been foolish enough to deny that such a performance was possible, that's their problem. They were wrong, the facts tell us, so we ought not be surprised, I suppose, when they choose not to take note of those facts..
In 2020 Cam Newton had a great game vs the Seattle Seahawks in week 2... A truly epic game... 30 for 44, 397 yards, 1 TD, 2 Rushing TDs... nearly 400 yards of offense thru the air ... we still lost but it was enough to make a lot of people say "alright, we got something to work with here..." and for the next 14 games, we limped along, with him tossing worm killers and a majority of the games not ending well...

Macs history over the last 24 games is much the same... you cannot honestly say we do not have enough data points to peg him where he currently stands as a quarterback... It is, in its truest sense, what it is... We have taken note of the data... and the story it tells so far isnt a pretty one...

I am hopeful that this huge win leads to better days for Mac Jones... You'd be crazy to think I do not want him to succeed... I want nothing more than for the Pats to win... and if takes a tool under center to secure those victories, i don't care...

He needs to balance the scale... he needs to play better over an extended period of time before I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about his ability to lead this team to victory over the long term... Its nice to be excited that he had a great game, but in no way does that absolve any of the poor play up to this point.

based on the amount of "dislikes" i have gotten, there are indeed Mac Jones boosters out there.

Agreed. Much better this week than the previous three. Hope that trend continues.
I think you are taking the disagree too hard. There is no way that people are fully on board the Mac Jones train based on his performance this year.

He has a long way to go.

This team is winning 5-7 games. Do whatever cartwheels or agony cries in the meantime.
And here I thought your had to play the games to know the result.

This team is winning 5-7 games. Do whatever cartwheels or agony cries in the meantime.
But if they win 7 games it'll be cheered by Team Bill as one of the best coaching jobs of his career. Can't make this **** up.

Bill's record the last 4 seasons is enough to conclude that he's cooked. History has not been kind to 70+ yo coaches. Nothing that happened yesterday or next week will change that.

While their stock is up, package Bill + Mac and trade them to Raiders for their 1st & 2nd. Mark Davis is a creepier version of Kraft and he's still trying to win. He'll give up that bounty to dump Josh/Ziegler, Hoyer & Jimmy.

Felger & Mazz have consistently said the Patriots have not defeated a great team as underdogs since Brady left. Yesterday was that win.

As others have mentioned, it is one game. Nothing can ever be taken too seriously, win or lose, from one regular season game.

They need to beat Miami to have any hope of the postseason. It's not going to be easy. But It can be done.

But if they win 7 games it'll be cheered by Team Bill as one of the best coaching jobs of his career. Can't make this **** up.

Bill's record the last 4 seasons is enough to conclude that he's cooked. History has not been kind to 70+ yo coaches. Nothing that happened yesterday or next week will change that.

While their stock is up, package Bill + Mac and trade them to Raiders for their 1st & 2nd. Mark Davis is a creepier version of Kraft and he's still trying to win. He'll give up that bounty to dump Josh/Ziegler, Hoyer & Jimmy.
My friends are Patriots fans. Most say beating Washington, Colts, Chargers, Denver, Jets etc would be a nightmare scenario.

1. Team doesn't make the postseason and ruins draft position. Thus, tougher to get a franchise QB.

2. Kraft is impressed by performances and decides everyone should return. Getting caught up in overcoming adversity and forgetting what the issues were.

Personally, I could never root for my team to lose. But I guess I understand why they are doing it.

Being in the middle is sports hell. Not good enough to be legit contenders. But not bad enough to get a high pick.

@Pape

Not Yet No GIF

Pats are back! Only gets better from here. Confidence means a lot.

Personally, I could never root for my team to lose. But I guess I understand why they are doing it.
Personally, i root for your team to lose every week.

and yes, agreed, I never root for the Patriots to lose.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back