PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE Will Smith Visiting Patriots April 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
will_smith1_300_400.jpg

You just don't understand.

I would love to see him here, great player and he can help if he has something left in the tank. If he doesn't then he won't make the team, and that's basically no harm no foul as the signing bonus is not going to hurt them.

I would love to see him here, great player and he can help if he has something left in the tank. If he doesn't then he won't make the team, and that's basically no harm no foul as the signing bonus is not going to hurt them.

Well, if he can help and tutor the Buchanan Bequette contingent, we might really have something. I like Buchanan's potential and have a hard time believing Bequette would still be here if they didn't see something in him.

Well, if he can help and tutor the Buchanan Bequette contingent, we might really have something. I like Buchanan's potential and have a hard time believing Bequette would still be here if they didn't see something in him.

He should be able to help Buchanon with his pass rushing skills, and Bequette with paper hat etiquette and the many ways to say "would you like fries with that?........"

have a hard time believing Bequette would still be here if they didn't see something in him.

I have a hard time believing people give money to see David Blaine, and they are analogous as neither one does anything.

I've thought PATS may use their 1st rounder on a Linebacker.
My brother told me when the linebacker were testing at the combine
BB was out of his chair and looking intently at the players testing.

I have a hard time believing people give money to see David Blaine, and they are analogous as neither one does anything.

I don't think BB goes for illusionists, though. Seriously, I don't think the draft is strong at all for pass rushers and patience and developing might pay dividends. At worst, it costs us only picks we already made if we're wrong. I don't think the pass rushers projected as possible low 1st picks could hold a candle to Chandler Jones.

Maybe a multitalented LB, getting that rush from multiple positions.

I think they will double dip at a minimum at the position. It is really the one unit they have completely ignored this offseason and I think they bring in two in the draft, if not more, and a few more this summer with releases/free agents.

I think they will double dip at a minimum at the position. It is really the one unit they have completely ignored this offseason and I think they bring in two in the draft, if not more, and a few more this summer with releases/free agents.

Quite possibly, although I think they ignored the position of safety pretty well too, especially since they actually got rid of 2 more players and only added a backup ST only player who may only be camp fodder.

I think both positions should see some action in a few weeks/month or so when the draft rolls around.

I don't think BB goes for illusionists, though. Seriously, I don't think the draft is strong at all for pass rushers and patience and developing might pay dividends. At worst, it costs us only picks we already made if we're wrong. I don't think the pass rushers projected as possible low 1st picks could hold a candle to Chandler Jones.

The only illusion would be of Bequette actually putting pressure on a QB.

I am as understanding as they get when it comes to giving Belichick slack on picks and time for them to develop, but when the unit you are on is decimated and you don't get snaps it is because you are not good enough, and Bequette has had as much time as they get to show otherwise. He may get one more camp and if he does he better show up big time because it is almost impossible to play out your rookie deal and never do anything.

Quite possibly, although I think they ignored the position of safety pretty well too, especially since they actually got rid of 2 more players and only added a backup ST only player who may only be camp fodder.

I think both positions should see some action in a few weeks/month or so when the draft rolls around.

I don't think safety is in play at all Sup, i think they look at their defensive backfield and see it as 6-7 deep with Harmon and Ryan competing for the safety spot across from McCourty, and Wilson and Ebner the depth. Like any other position I think the Patriots would go safety if they saw one they were in love with where it made sense, but otherwise they are not looking DB in this draft and are going to go front 7 on D. TE, interior OL, at least imo.

The only illusion would be of Bequette actually putting pressure on a QB.

I am as understanding as they get when it comes to giving Belichick slack on picks and time for them to develop, but when the unit you are on is decimated and you don't get snaps it is because you are not good enough, and Bequette has had as much time as they get to show otherwise. He may get one more camp and if he does he better show up big time because it is almost impossible to play out your rookie deal and never do anything.

I'm not saying what he should or shouldn't do, I'm just saying one of the greatest defensive minds ever has chosen to keep the 90th pick around 2 years. He is not a sentimental person, he'd cut his grandmother if she didn't produce.

So, if he's a camp cut fine, who cares about a low 3rd? He has no reputation at stake, he might have the polaroids from Ken Walter, but other than that, I assume he's a slow learner or something, because BB would cut anyone.

Of course I joke too, but I don't think BB is stupid.

I don't think safety is in play at all Sup, i think they look at their defensive backfield and see it as 6-7 deep with Harmon and Ryan competing for the safety spot across from McCourty, and Wilson and Ebner the depth. Like any other position I think the Patriots would go safety if they saw one they were in love with where it made sense, but otherwise they are not looking DB in this draft and are going to go front 7 on D. TE, interior OL, at least imo.

Could be, Ivan. Could be. I think the mystery part of the draft adds to the intrigue in a lot of ways, at least from a fan's viewpoint anyway.

I'm not as sold on the group of safeties as you are, but if they are considering Logan Ryan, that would change the outlook dramatically. I think we still see a mid to late round selection at worst though.

If Ryan is moving to safety, I would think that we need a corner rather than a safety.

Could be, Ivan. Could be. I think the mystery part of the draft adds to the intrigue in a lot of ways, at least from a fan's viewpoint anyway.

I'm not as sold on the group of safeties as you are, but if they are considering Logan Ryan, that would change the outlook dramatically. I think we still see a mid to late round selection at worst though.

If the reports that Ryan is moving to safety are true then it means their DB's are as follows D. Revis, B. Browner, A. Dennard, K.Arrington, D. McCourty, L. Ryan, D. Harmon, T. Wilson, N. Ebner. That's 9 defensive backs and they generally carry 10. Now Wilson and Ebner could be considered bubble guys but at this point they are at the back of the unit anyways and if Browner and Ryan can both play safety in addition to McCourty then overall it the defensive backfield is one of the deepest units on the team as a whole and not a need right now. If, on the other hand, they are looking more in the tradition of the strong safety mold than as left and right safeties then they may see it as a need and go get one, but at least imo that's not how they are looking at it and what they have already gives them a unit they can go into the season with as it stands.

If it were up to me, which it generally is, then i would focus on the front 7 defensively and the interior OL and TE position as the remaining needs, with LB and the 2nd TE as the most pressing of those needs.

I think they would most likely go the big corner as a possible conversion route rather than for a college strong safety if they did make a move for one in the mid rounds of the draft. i think Belichick wants guys who can cover and the big college corners have more of that ability and upside for them. but again it's all guesswork when it comes to the draft and their roster moves because we really have no way of knowing how belichick views the roster and how it will come together.

If the reports that Ryan is moving to safety are true then it means their DB's are as follows D. Revis, B. Browner, A. Dennard, K.Arrington, D. McCourty, L. Ryan, D. Harmon, T. Wilson, N. Ebner. That's 9 defensive backs and they generally carry 10. Now Wilson and Ebner could be considered bubble guys but at this point they are at the back of the unit

Chung makes 10.

I'm not saying what he should or shouldn't do, I'm just saying one of the greatest defensive minds ever has chosen to keep the 90th pick around 2 years. He is not a sentimental person, he'd cut his grandmother if she didn't produce.

So, if he's a camp cut fine, who cares about a low 3rd? He has no reputation at stake, he might have the polaroids from Ken Walter, but other than that, I assume he's a slow learner or something, because BB would cut anyone.

Of course I joke too, but I don't think BB is stupid.

After his inability to contribute last year when he had as many openings as he did it is really hard for me to see how he has anything to contribute. Belichick clearly knows what he is doing but Bequette is just one of those head scratchers, and in the end most of them end up cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes