PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Consensus on BB’s future - NOT

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I had to LOL at the juxtaposition of these headlines. Speculation about Bill’s future is all over the map, but all of it is in the realm of pure speculative clickbait. So which of these do you think is most realistic?

IMG_0719.jpeg

It will be the beginning of the end for him if he loses today.

Number one thing today is a competitive game and a sign of improvement. They just need an upward trajectory where the slide ends and it looks like they have a shot of at least looking like the team we saw in Weeks 1+2.

Two straight blowout losses sparked most of the discussion. Now it's up to them to try and rewrite the narrative. But I fall under the notion that it's far from over. Albeit, it hasn't looked great the last two weeks.

Number one thing today is a competitive game and a sign of improvement. They just need an upward trajectory where the slide ends and it looks like they have a shot of at least looking like the team we saw in Weeks 1+2.

Two straight blowout losses sparked most of the discussion. Now it's up to them to try and rewrite the narrative. But I fall under the notion that it's far from over. Albeit, it hasn't looked great the last two weeks.
We are facing by far the worse Defense that we faced so far. There really are no excuses for the Offense not scoring, and for them not improving.

"Mutually Agree To Part Ways"

Doubt he'll retire with a rumored 2 years left on his contract at over $20 mill per season.

"Mutually Agree To Part Ways"

Doubt he'll retire with a rumored 2 years left on his contract at over $20 mill per season.
We're stuck if true. 2 more years?

We're stuck if true. 2 more years?
One good thing is that it's the NYFL and contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

If Bill does stay then we know that Bob likes the way things are going.

First time in my life I want BB replaced as GM and coach. I have no confidence in anything he touches and IMO the players feel the same. Hell I’d even be ok with Kingsbury.

First time in my life I want BB replaced as GM and coach. I have no confidence in anything he touches and IMO the players feel the same. Hell I’d even be ok with Kingsbury.
Kingsbury lmao
Bill should be gone

Pats sit at #21 in SOS for remaining 9 games. As was the case the last 2 seasons, Pats will go on a run of Ws against really bad or depleated teams that will have everyone saying what a great coach he is. Still end up w/ a losing record and missing the playoffs. He'll do enough to con Kraft into another chance next season and the sub .500 seasons will continue.

Pats sit at #21 in SOS for remaining 9 games. As was the case the last 2 seasons, Pats will go on a run of Ws against really bad or depleated teams that will have everyone saying what a great coach he is. Still end up w/ a losing record and missing the playoffs. He'll do enough to con Kraft into another chance next season and the sub .500 seasons will continue.

Great argument for you finding another team to root for, don'tcha think? Your BB hate is so insane at this point you're conjuring imaginary scenarios to torture yourself with. Keep the faith -- maybe he actually WILL get fired or retire and you can throw yourself a champagne party. Just excuse the rest of us hoping to find some enjoyment in these last nine games whatever ends up happening.

And before you go there no, I don't think Belichick has done a good job these last two years. I'm VERY disappointed in what's happening like most Pats fans and am not sold on either BB OR Mac reprising their roles in '24. BUT, I also can imagine how things still might work out for both however unlikely. Regardless, I sure as hell would welcome a run of wins since winning can get contagious.

Great argument for you finding another team to root for, don'tcha think?
Nah, been following the Pats all my life. I'll stay right here, thanks.

Your BB hate is so insane at this point you're conjuring imaginary scenarios to torture yourself with.
Don't do hate, but I'm a cynic by nature. Imaginary? Come on man, everything crawhammer, Ice, me and a bunch of others have been saying for years has come true. It's your side that's been conjuring delusional scenarios to make yourselves feel like ReAl PaTs FaNs. You guys have zero critical thoughts, although I see more and more coming over to the dark side. That must really piss you off

Keep the faith -- maybe he actually WILL get fired or retire and you can throw yourself a champagne party.
One can only hope so we can see a new generation of the team we all love. Not a champagne guy but I'll take a single malt neat if you please.

Just excuse the rest of us hoping to find some enjoyment in these last nine games whatever ends up happening.
Good luck with that.

And before you go there no, I don't think Belichick has done a good job these last two years. I'm VERY disappointed in what's happening like most Pats fans and am not sold on either BB OR Mac reprising their roles in '24.
Well hallelujah, it's about time you opened your eyes.

BUT, I also can imagine how things still might work out for both however unlikely. Regardless, I sure as hell would welcome a run of wins since winning can get contagious.
We agree. That's what I said. There'll be a run of Ws coming, so enjoy the rest of the season.

Great argument for you finding another team to root for, don'tcha think? Your BB hate is so insane at this point you're conjuring imaginary scenarios to torture yourself with. Keep the faith -- maybe he actually WILL get fired or retire and you can throw yourself a champagne party. Just excuse the rest of us hoping to find some enjoyment in these last nine games whatever ends up happening.

And before you go there no, I don't think Belichick has done a good job these last two years. I'm VERY disappointed in what's happening like most Pats fans and am not sold on either BB OR Mac reprising their roles in '24. BUT, I also can imagine how things still might work out for both however unlikely. Regardless, I sure as hell would welcome a run of wins since winning can get contagious.

You’re an incredible fan

You guys have zero critical thoughts, although I see more and more coming over to the dark side. That must really piss you off
You can say that again. I am shocked at some of the posters who have turned on Bill.

You’re an incredible fan

I assume you're being sarcastic as is your wont. Nonetheless, I'll take it as a compliment vs. something to be ashamed of according to you and your ilk. ;)

Last edited:
You can say that again. I am shocked at some of the posters who have turned on Bill.
I wouldn't say turned. They just finally opened their eyes. I mean the evidence is indisputable. You really have to be blind not to see the mountain of **** ups he's had these last 4 seasons, which added to his GM short comings in previous drafts, have resulted in what we all see today. It's not going to get better while he's around. Still a smart guy, great D coach, just no longer effective as a GM/HC.

And no, I'm not a fan spoiled by the dynasty years. Been a fan way before Bill got here and endured. But this isn't the same Patriots. We are a proud 6x SB champion team. We can be again but we need to tear off that band aid and start a new 2020s NFL version of the team.

Don't do hate, but I'm a cynic by nature. Imaginary? Come on man, everything crawhammer, Ice, me and a bunch of others have been saying for years has come true. It's your side that's been conjuring delusional scenarios to make yourselves feel like ReAl PaTs FaNs. You guys have zero critical thoughts, although I see more and more coming over to the dark side. That must really piss you off

One can only hope so we can see a new generation of the team we all love. Not a champagne guy but I'll take a single malt neat if you please.

Good luck with that.

Well hallelujah, it's about time you opened your eyes.

We agree. That's what I said. There'll be a run of Ws coming, so enjoy the rest of the season.

Wagging a finger at "you guys" after invoking your allegiance with crapspammer and other Tampa Bay ghetto refugees is telltale. Your anti-BB jihad transcends mere cynicism and has been ongoing since Brady left, we both know that. The difference is you push an agenda while I wait for things to play out.

Your claim re. not being critical just doesn't wash -- I was the first to create a thread last year calling out the Patricia/Judge fiasco and BB's consequent responsibility. No, I never have been invested in getting "pissed off" over criticism of BB, Kraft, players, etc. that is based on logic/fact and not agenda-driven. There is a difference however much you might try to blur them. Obviously, strong arguments can be made for BB failing as GM re. roster construction and the team's overall preparation being uncharacteristically poor from a competitive standpoint. Has Belichick "lost it"? Perhaps and it won't take long to see that confirmed either way. So, you trust RKK to make the right decision on his future or you don't, that's out of our hands.

This leaves us with choosing whether to remain fans however the team is constructed and managed. If you consider being positive and hoping for good things in bleak times "delusional," so be it. I'd much rather align with those wanting this team to win, even entertain outlandish means to that end vs. beating the drum of negativity. There's little joy to be had incessantly dissing everything and forecasting doom hoping to appear "right."

Last edited:
Wagging a finger at "you guys" after invoking your allegiance with crapspammer and other Tampa Bay ghetto refugees is telltale. Your anti-BB jihad transcends mere cynicism and has been ongoing since Brady left, we both know that. The difference is you push an agenda while I wait for things to play out.

Your claim re. not being critical just doesn't wash -- I was the first to create a thread last year calling out the Patricia/Judge fiasco and BB's consequent responsibility. No, I never have been invested in getting "pissed off" over criticism of BB, Kraft, players, etc. that is based on logic/fact and not agenda-driven. There is a difference however much you might try to blur them. Obviously, strong arguments can be made for BB failing as GM re. roster construction and the team's overall preparation being uncharacteristically poor from a competitive standpoint. Has Belichick "lost it"? Perhaps and it won't take long to see that confirmed either way. So, you trust RKK to make the right decision on his future or you don't, that's out of our hands.

This leaves us with choosing whether to remain fans however the team is constructed and managed. If you consider being positive and hoping for good things in bleak times "delusional," so be it. I'd much rather align with those wanting this team to win, even entertain outlandish means to that end vs. beating the drum of negativity. There's little joy to be had incessantly dissing everything and forecasting doom hoping to appear "right."
You're an incredible fan.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back