PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find.

In case anyone's interested, you can see the rest of the article here:
Lowest-graded players in NFL Week 15

Other people have made similar observations since he's arrived in Cleveland:

Jamie Collins spotted giving up on play for Browns, gives glimpse at why Patriots traded him (video)

Not that it's been all bad...in fact, he seems really well liked by Browns fans, but I can begin to see why Bill might've wanted to send him packing.

Hopefully...the full story will come out someday

Interesting list. Two that caught my attention were Karson Wentz; so he was worse than Goff last week?....

And Austin Seferian-Jenkins, because Rats, snicker...

Interesting list. Two that caught my attention were Karson Wentz; so he was worse than Goff last week?....

And Austin Seferian-Jenkins, because Rats, snicker...
Slot receiver and kick returner were two interesting entries. Or were they one entry repeated twice? Oopsies.

Edit: ironically my phone autocorrected "receiver" to "recover", proving even the Silicon lifeforms have Freudian moments.

Patriots trade score card!

Chandler Jones to AZ for 2nd round pick and Cooper (drafted Thuney and Mitchell).
AJ Derby to Den for 5th round pick.
Eric Rowe to Pats for 4th round pick.
Kyle Van Noy to Pats for 7th round pick.

Overall I don't see a bad trade here but the worst was Rowe for a 4th even though he has done okay at the 3rd CB spot. Derby for a 5th is TBD but at least it didn't hurt them.

Chandler Jones to AZ for 2nd round pick and Cooper (drafted Thuney and Mitchell).

Overall I don't see a bad trade here but the worst was Rowe for a 4th even though he has done okay at the 3rd CB spot. Derby for a 5th is TBD but at least it didn't hurt them.

Good chance Rowe gets enough reps next year that the pick to the Eagles becomes a 3rd.

Don't want to overpraise what Rowe's done so far, but I think he's been a good addition to the secondary. As of now I'd definitely sign for that trade again.

Rowe will likely end up as a #3, if he plays 50% of the snaps next year. A little pricey but as he's signed for two years after this year not bad.

Regarding Collins, note :

Nick Korte ‏@nickkorte 16h16 hours ago
Alex Mack being named should ensure the Patriots get the Browns' 3rd round 2017 compensatory pick for him.

Good chance Rowe gets enough reps next year that the pick to the Eagles becomes a 3rd.

Don't want to overpraise what Rowe's done so far, but I think he's been a good addition to the secondary. As of now I'd definitely sign for that trade again.

Rowe will likely end up as a #3, if he plays 50% of the snaps next year. A little pricey but as he's signed for two years after this year not bad.

If you can get a CB that plays 50% of the time, and shows up well enough to keep that role for a couple of years in a very competitive league, and only give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him, you have absolutely kicked a** with that deal.

Rowe for a 3rd no big deal drafts picks are not guaranteed to pan out anyway ie..Aaron Dobson - Tavon Wilson and Jodon Richards.:rolleyes: I would take proven player over Draft Pick anyday of the week.

If you can get a CB that plays 50% of the time, and shows up well enough to keep that role for a couple of years in a very competitive league, and only give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him, you have absolutely kicked a** with that deal.

You don't want to undersell the value of a 3rd round pick though. I am not saying it is bad just debatable and closer than the others i listed.

However if Rowe makes the 3rd CB spot solid and the Pats win the SB it was of course worth it.

You don't want to undersell the value of a 3rd round pick though. I am not saying it is bad just debatable and closer than the others i listed.

However if Rowe makes the 3rd CB spot solid and the Pats win the SB it was of course worth it.

At least that is a problem that can wait until next year.

I am pretty sure he missed enough time this year to be under 50%.

And he's tall. He just needs to calm down those jazz hands and he could be great IMO.

Up until last Draft with Joe Thuney and maybe Biscuit down the road the Third Round haven't been too good to our Pats thats compared to other Teams.

Up until last Draft with Joe Thuney and maybe Biscuit down the road the Third Round haven't been too good to our Pats thats compared to other Teams.

Yeah but they seem to kill it in the 4th round. I wonder why that is.

And above all .. picks don't play.
-

Ok, he has his ups and downs but his stock is certainly not going in the right direction.
High might get better contract now and that'll hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes