PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did notice Jamie whiff on a tackle near the sideline as well. Tackling was a problem in general for the team last Sunday. Not sure what was up with that.

pJDEy_s-200x150.gif
They are "Really Rotten"

I did notice Jamie whiff on a tackle near the sideline as well. Tackling was a problem in general for the team last Sunday. Not sure what was up with that.

I'm not getting too excited over this. With that said it is not a good thing.

They were up 31-3 midway thru the 3rd quarter. They were thoroughly dominating the fish. Its human nature to let up and lose your aggressiveness. We've seen it dozens of times with this team. Not sure if it was Blackbeard playcalling or human nature.

People going apeschitt over the defense need to remember that most seasons the Pats defense "evolves" and adds different things as the season progresses. Typically they start out pretty vanilla, especially if BB feels the opponent can be had without anything exotic.

Ironic that this is a topic when Dooch and Spaz were *****ing about Collins yesterday saying he was overrated.

In fairness, it wasnt Felger or Mazz that said it, but the third guy Jim Murray.

Was sunday his best game? No, but to sit there and say Pats fans compare him to Von Miller, and he doesnt come up with as much big plays isnt fair. Collins doesn't rush the passer as much as Miller. He's an all around LB and one of the best in the game.

Name me another LB thats as good rushing the qb, defending the pass, and stopping the run? Not many.

In fairness, it wasnt Felger or Mazz that said it, but the third guy Jim Murray.

Was sunday his best game? No, but to sit there and say Pats fans compare him to Von Miller, and he doesnt come up with as much big plays isnt fair. Collins doesn't rush the passer as much as Miller. He's an all around LB and one of the best in the game.

Name me another LB thats as good rushing the qb, defending the pass, and stopping the run? Not many.

You are right. Murray..............another hack.

Most disappointing player so far is Sheard
Kyed gave him credit for 2 hits and 4 hurries this week. I didn't notice that much from him in watching the game, but that's hardly a disappointing stat line.

Collins is an OLB who's asked to play MLB when Hightower is out. It doesn't work as well, what a surprise.

I'm not really understanding those plays you just posted. On the first one Collins forced the ball carrier back inside to his help and he was tackled.

I do think Collins is a little over rated by some people but lets be consistent.

This is not so much a Collins issue as a depth issue. Ninkovich and Hightower out is a very big deal.

Also, Mclellan, Mingo and Freeny have to step up. The guy I'd like to see flash is Mingo. He is a great athlete who got so screwed up in Cleveland with different DCs and systems, he doesn't know what he's supposed to do. Once he understands his niche in this defense, I think we'll see an effective LB like Hicks.
Mingo isn't getting many snaps on defense. Maybe still getting up to speed on scheme? He's primarily used on speical teams

You are correct. This makes it more disappointing that Tannehill found so many passes complete.

The left NE side DE rushed and then dropped back in coverage and Collins delayed his rush more or less taking his place.

4 NE pass rushers vs 6 Miami blockers doesnt sound like a blitz to me.

Of all the people to call out, you are picking Collins? That seems asinine to me but to each their own.

You realize Collins is the reason why he went down on this play, right? That wasn't Tannenhill giving himself up, that was Tannenhill losing balance and falling over because Collins got enough on him to disrupt his momentum and get him off balance.

How is this Collins fault? They threw to a TE running over the middle, Collins assignment was covering Landry. Cameron made a turn that took him away from Collins. If this is an example of Collins being bad than 100% of the LBs in the league are bad because none of them would have made that tackle

great blitz jamie..

Well first off you clearly have zero clue about this play. Pats rushed 4 on this one, Collins wasn't blitzing, Sheard and McCellin dropped back in coverage, it was 4 on 6 The RB saw him and made a block, fairplay to them, they get paid too.

Good job given ****ty examples of your argument.

He's also calling the plays back there which is normally Hightower's job so maybe the extra duty is effecting is play.

Just a thought.

I think this thread pretty well illustrates the fact that there's always nits to pick if you want to, and someone on this forum will always be unhappy unless a guy is playing perfectly. For years, a vocal segment of this forum has been complaining about how sure, guys like Mayo and McCourty may always be in the right place doing the little things, but they weren't 'playmakers' in that they didn't make huge, game-swinging plays.

Now we have a LB who has a sack and a pick through 2 weeks, and the complaint is that he's being caught out of position sometimes. I'm not even sure that that's the case, rally, but if it is I'm still not really worried about it. A lot of playmaking LBs get caught out of position all the time; if Collins' play so far is a problem, then we would hate Clay Matthews for example.

Oh so that's why this is a thread..

No clue how anyone can listen to those two idiots unless they are looking for a laugh.

I have a long commute home, so I listen to D&H mostly. When they go to commercial, I'll usually switch over, and at least 70% of the time I realize the commercials were better.

Oh so that's why this is a thread..

No clue how anyone can listen to those two idiots unless they are looking for a laugh.

And it's a shame too because Felger was a pretty good football writer for a while before selling his credibility for HOTT SPORTZ TAKEZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back