PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys, never even thought about this thread after Collins got sent packing. Just came across it randomly going through old stuff. Just wanted to push that helping of crow offered to me back across the table :p
Man, never even saw this thread. Regardless you can't deny that this whole Collins deal has been a bizarre situation. Can't blame people at the time for thinking it was crazy, we knew how good this guy could be when he was on, and he has a damn good game against Houston.

Also one side note about the OP: Collins wasn't a "fat overweight cow on ice", for the record. Just lazy. ;)

sorry guys, never even thought about this thread after Collins got sent packing. Just came across it randomly going through old stuff. Just wanted to push that helping of crow offered to me back across the table :p

I think the issue most people had with your post is that it seemed at that point like an overreaction with only so many games played (was it 2?).

Personally, I think you gotta have some patience and not jump to conclusions after only a handful games - no matter if you end up right or not. Especially because the game is rather complex and a player looking bad could be a symptom of something completely different going wrong.

Speaking about Collins, don't give much about PFF, but found this observation interesting:

Collins looked disinterested at times in this game, frequently finding himself losing his contain on outside run plays. He was also targeted five times in the passing game, surrendering five catches for 71 yards.

I think the issue most people had with your post is that it seemed at that point like an overreaction with only so many games played (was it 2?).

Personally, I think you gotta have some patience and not jump to conclusions after only a handful games - no matter if you end up right or not. Especially because the game is rather complex and a player looking bad could be a symptom of something completely different going wrong.
Ya I would just say that in my op all I was trying to point out is that Collins did not look like the athlete we were accustomed to seeing out on the field. He did not appear to be moving athletically or explosively like we had seen him before. Could have been effort, could have been injury or something else. Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong. But you were all definitely wrong muahaha, ahem my bad lol

Good up-ing. You were right about Collins, even if most here would call you out.

Good reminder that critiscim shouldnt be disregarded, even when winning. There's always a way to improve oneself

Speaking about Collins, don't give much about PFF, but found this observation interesting:

Good find.

In case anyone's interested, you can see the rest of the article here:
Lowest-graded players in NFL Week 15

Other people have made similar observations since he's arrived in Cleveland:

Jamie Collins spotted giving up on play for Browns, gives glimpse at why Patriots traded him (video)

Not that it's been all bad...in fact, he seems really well liked by Browns fans, but I can begin to see why Bill might've wanted to send him packing.

Hopefully...the full story will come out someday

Last edited:

Lol. I take back any comparisons alluded to between Patradamus and yourself.

Got any BBQ sauce? It might help me chew through the beak and feathers.

If we win the Super Bowl....then you can definately preserve this thread in the HoF :D

But anything short of that might still cause some to question Belichick's decision
Oh some folks will question Belichick's decision even if we do win the Super Bowl.

True. Also true for players flashing big plays. Might turn out they're freelancing or just streaky flash in the pan types.

To be fair, Collins had earned the benefit of the doubt, and I thought that this was just a disgruntled attack. Now that I go back through and take the OP seriously, he made a lot of very insightful points. Mea culpa. I rushed to judgement and was wrong. Guess I've gotten accustomed to negativity from the haters, and it's made me quick to fight back. I'm not taking time to accurately reflect and evaluate. Good lesson.

Don't think I saw this thread (thread title isn't the most compelling), but well-spotted. Honestly there weren't too many attacks, which is good to see, and hat tip to @reamer for chiming in on it again here.

But mostly just wanted to say that "cow on ice" is a pretty decent phrase. ;)

Last edited:
Good call, by the way, Mikey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes