PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a long commute home, so I listen to D&H mostly. When they go to commercial, I'll usually switch over, and at least 70% of the time I realize the commercials were better.
I listen to F&M because it is the more entertaining show. I will tune out once they are getting annoying or pushing a putrid agenda though.

Dale & Holley is a bit boring IMO, whereas I can get laughs out of the other show. Felger is very good at his job, it's a shame he has to be such a turd at times.

Felger should just admit that he hates Tom Brady, that's one of the few takeaways from the show that I've found genuine. Even though he has finally come around to admitting he is the GOAT, he never fails to take a shot at Brady or forming a narrative that reflects negatively on Brady.

I think my point was missed on the plays I posted. I wasn't posting them because he blew an assignment, gave up a big play, etc. To me it is very clear in those plays that Jamie is just not moving athletically the way he used to. Someone mentioned he was playing hurt. This would certainly explain it.

Last edited:
Maybe he's hurt. Maybe just a few bad plays. Watching live, I noticed to my utter surprise that he seemed slow and out of place in space vs what I expect of an elite LB.
Collins is not a problem. Just a couple disappointing games compared to what I and many thought an elite LB should make.

If I had to keep one, it would be Hightower. My only reservation is that he seems to get dinged up frequently. He certainly plays through pain & injuries but is not at his best wounded.

Most disappointing player so far is Sheard
During my rewatch of the D's snaps last night I thought Sheard was better than I realized live. His stat line was real and got some nice pressures on tannehill. I would agree that he is not quite himself from last year either though

Chris Long has been awesome. Didn't focus on the DTs as much but it seemed like they were solid as a group

Ironic that this is a topic when Dooch and Spaz were *****ing about Collins yesterday saying he was overrated.
I had no idea. Being on the west coast I never listen to them. So between the two of us you're the only one giving them attention:p. And when Jamie is at his best he is definitely not overrated, I just don't think he's there right now

I had no idea. Being on the west coast I never listen to them. So between the two of us you're the only one giving them attention:p. And when Jamie is at his best he is definitely not overrated, I just don't think he's there right now

I believe you. I didn't intend on coming off as knocking you for listening to them. After all I was :D.

I do knock people for taking what those nitwits say to heart as they are a) entertainers and b) know-nothing idiots.

Might be just what the coaching staff is asking him to do. He was that ball hawk at pre season. Im not worried about Collins at all.

Somebody heard you were talking ****
20151020-collins-header-v3.jpg

Didn't see this original thread before. Came here to revel in the victory and I agree with meatface. Jamie Collins had a heck of a game tonight.

Collins always plays extra good in prime time..... He turns it up another notch for the bright lights.

He was beasting against Houston. Wow is he special. He is one player whom the grass is greener in our own lawn. Sign that beast.

This is why you don't judge anything on a small sample size. Collins is beast, we know it, you know it.

27-0! And Collins is a large part of this whooping.

14 tackles tonight ... 8 were solo and the INT.

Next was Freeny with 7 ... huge game by Collins he destroyed the Texans.

Collins, along with Ryan Allen were the best players on tbe field.

Collins was a man possesed tonight, my god

14 tackles tonight ... 8 were solo and the INT.

Next was Freeny with 7 ... huge game by Collins he destroyed the Texans.
Don't forget Sheard, he got a couple of big stops too.

I think this thread shows promise to be this year's "I Don't Care I Can't Stand It" opus
from 2014.
It has potential to be up there with the Amendola crapfest.
Normally I don't like to call people out, but man, where's the crow? Horrible thread.
sorry guys, never even thought about this thread after Collins got sent packing. Just came across it randomly going through old stuff. Just wanted to push that helping of crow offered to me back across the table :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back