PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo Bills: Up and Downs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I wanted to do a series for ups and downs like Reiss does after every game, but I have been unable to until now. I hope you all don't mind. Please feel free to add your own. We have Patfanken and Rob with their thoughts from the game, and they do amazing jobs. I'll keep mine more condensed and only look at individual performances.

UP (in no particular order):

Tom Brady: The man was on another level. This was easily his best game of the season thus far. The second half was a thing of beauty and obviously showed that the demise of Brady (much like the team) was greatly exaggerated and miscalculated by the world, even some Pats fans. He saw the field and moved the ball around to 10 different guys. That's vintage.

Side note: Heard this morning that the difference in arm strength is not even close between Brady and Manning. This coming from someone who watched both games.

Darelle Revis:
The best corner in the league once again relegated a very good receiver to the shadows. Watkins had one meaningful catch on a play where it looked like Revis slightly let up on his zone coverage a bit because I don't think he expected Orton to still be upright. I marvel at how good he really is at his craft.

Rob Ninkovich:
The DE silenced the rising throng of critics with easily his best game of the season. He had three sacks that likely could have been about six had he not been getting held on almost every play.

Rob Gronkowski/Brandon LaFell/Julian Edelman:
The trio of pass catchers allowed Brady to be Brady yesterday.

Gronkowski is rounding into the form and that is not good for the NFL. The TE was absolutely dominant yesterday and should have a TD on the stat sheet, were it not for a holding call on someone who should not even be on this team.

Edelman is Mr. Consistency. The receiver got some tough yards and even gave his best Rob Gronkowski impression when he tried to run through the DB on a late-game critical catch. His catch on the sidelines to set up a field goal before the half was also an amazing play.

LaFell is getting it now. The pass catcher looked like the best WR for the Patriots yesterday (all due respect to Edelman). He struggled with a completely different offseason and first few games, but it's clicking now.

DOWN:

Alfonzo Dennard: The DB missed a late-game tackle that would have sealed the game and was burned on the following play. This kept Buffalo in the game longer than they should have been. He has also been called for quite a few penalties overall this season thus far.

Nate Solder: Too many mental mistakes yesterday on his part, which was in addition to flat-out getting beat on plays. Both have become persistent issues with him.

Jordan Devey:
Sorry, anyone who takes a TD away from Gronk is automatically on this list.

Anyone defending Chandler: Sorry to steal this from Reiss, the guy who inspired me to do my own series, but Chandler looked like the best TE in the league yesterday. He tends to have these games whenever he plays the Pats. The team really needs to figure out how to defend TE's.

Much luv and well wishes to Mayo and Ridley. Thank you both for everything you two bring to the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore