PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to have big say in Raiders next head coach.

I’ll be bummed AF if Tommy isn’t headed to the broadcast booth. That would be twenty more years of crapping all over the teams he’s crapped all over for 20+ years.

REPORT: #Patriots legend Tom Brady will have a big say in the #Raiders next coaching search, per the NY Post.
I would be lying if I I said I wasn’t bitter and jealous about this.

Very interesting stuff.

Brady's got a big football brain on the field. That's undisputed.

But does that also translate to picking the coaching staff? We'll have to wait and see.

Very interesting stuff.

But does that also translate to picking the coaching staff? We'll have to wait and see.
Would you rather have Mark Davis or Tom Brady making that decision if you were a Raiders fan?

No approval yet, next owners meeting is in December.

It would make sense that Brady would have to give up the fox gig as part of getting approval though
I don't think Brady has the finances to pay fair market value for part ownership.
that was the rub when he was denied the first time. he was offered a piece at too steep a discount.
the Raiders with a market value of what $6B?
for Brady to own 5% he would have to come up with $300m.
we saw ARod struggle to do so owning the NBA team

Would you rather have Mark Davis or Tom Brady making that decision if you were a Raiders fan?

The tricky part of ownership is hiring the right people to run the football operations and delegating properly. A well run front office sets up your franchise for success or failure.

Now as far as Brady's qualifications, in terms of football, we know that's unmatched. But in terms of front office I haven't seen him involved in any aspects of hiring coaching staff, etc. But I do believe that his football brain is pretty much unmatched in the sport.

I would guess that if he's being given a big say in the coach hiring process that means he is having conversations or feedback during the interview process. That's not a bad idea because Tom Brady, out of all the people out there, should be able to spot a sharp football mind.

Probably my only concern would be that the GM is a separate hire from the head coach, and the GM needs to work well with the head coach. So if those two things don't mesh, you might have a great coach and still end up failing.

Just look at the Patriots. BB hasn't lost his fastball as a brilliant defensive mind who can draw up game plans to defeat good football teams but his terrible decisions as the Patriots GM over the past decade have hamstrung his team's ability to compete on the football field. The cupboard is now BARE in New England and it's the GM's fault.

Could this mean that Bill is the next Raiders coach?

Also, great players don't necessarily make good bosses. I would think he has to get experience first. Unless this is just a one time thing.

Whatever.

Tom has zero football administrative/front office/scouting experience.

At least Elway spent some time in the DEN front office before taking over.

Love Tom but I have no idea what his qualifications are here exactly.
To be fair there's plenty GMs with experience that make horrible decisions. Peter principle and all.

Look at the Pats the last couple years

Very interesting stuff.

Generally no.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
The tricky part of ownership is hiring the right people to run the football operations and delegating properly. A well run front office sets up your franchise for success or failure.

Now as far as Brady's qualifications, in terms of football, we know that's unmatched. But in terms of front office I haven't seen him involved in any aspects of hiring coaching staff, etc. But I do believe that his football brain is pretty much unmatched in the sport.

I would guess that if he's being given a big say in the coach hiring process that means he is having conversations or feedback during the interview process. That's not a bad idea because Tom Brady, out of all the people out there, should be able to spot a sharp football mind.

Probably my only concern would be that the GM is a separate hire from the head coach, and the GM needs to work well with the head coach. So if those two things don't mesh, you might have a great coach and still end up failing.

Just look at the Patriots. BB hasn't lost his fastball as a brilliant defensive mind who can draw up game plans to defeat good football teams but his terrible decisions as the Patriots GM over the past decade have hamstrung his team's ability to compete on the football field. The cupboard is now BARE in New England and it's the GM's fault.
Absolutely agree that the HC and GM have to mesh well.

I think it depends on what you find more important, the HC or GM position.

If the HC is more important than it would seem prudent to get the HC you want then find the GM that works well with the HC.

If you think the GM is more important you hire them and leave the coaching decision to them

Tommy will bring in Belichick.
You heard it here first.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
Belichick is gonna be looking for work.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST