PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to have big say in Raiders next head coach.

I'm confused here, what makes anyone think that Brady is less qualified than any other NFL owner at making a HC decision.

Unless Brady is taking on GM duties I don't get why his experience would be worse than Mark Davis at picking the right person to run the organization

I gotta be honest I have no clue what Brady would look for lol.

Mark Davis needs to be removed by the other owners. They basically just patted him on the head and told him to sit in a corner when he wanted to move from Oakland to LA when that discussion was happening. He has been churning through coaches while his first round picks have been killing people in car crashes and getting booted from the league for flashing guns online. That team needs stability and Davis always seems to move in the opposite direction.

Mark Davis needs to be removed by the other owners. They basically just patted him on the head and told him to sit in a corner when he wanted to move from Oakland to LA when that discussion was happening. He has been churning through coaches while his first round picks have been killing people in car crashes and getting booted from the league for flashing guns online. That team needs stability and Davis always seems to move in the opposite direction.
You can't remove an owner for picking bad HCs and GMs otherwise Woody Johnson would have been kicked out years ago.

You have to respect the fact that Mark Davis recognizes he needs help, otherwise why would he agree to sell part of his team at a big discount to Brady?

You can't remove an owner for picking bad HCs and GMs otherwise Woody Johnson would have been kicked out years ago.

You have to respect the fact that Mark Davis recognizes he needs help, otherwise why would he agree to sell part of his team at a big discount to Brady?

If I were an owner, Mark Davis is EXACTLY the kind of guy I would want the other 31 owners to be. What an advantage!

I believe the other 31 can remove him but I would think it would need to go really far sideways for that. I don't know what qualifies Brady to be the actually GM of a team.

Did Brady help get McDaniels fired? That's cold. Lol

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Are the Raiders giving a 7 time Super Bowl Champion, who was in the league for over two decades, who now runs a billion dollar brand, say in who the next head coach is?

LOL

What losers. What qualifies him for that?

Lmao. Obviously Mark Davis should make that call. Brady has no experience.

Love Tom but I have no idea what his qualifications are here exactly.
His qualifications stem from his longevity as a player. ;)
He is going to volunteer for the job :excited:

Are the Raiders giving a 7 time Super Bowl Champion, who was in the league for over two decades, who now runs a billion dollar brand, say in who the next head coach is?

LOL

What losers. What qualifies him for that?

Lmao. Obviously Mark Davis should make that call. Brady has no experience.
so glad i listened to him about FTX, that for sure!

:rolleyes:

Tom really loves this guy. It's not about the team ownership, money, or power. Even if Mark didn't have all that Tom would still want to hang out with him.

REPORT: #Patriots legend Tom Brady will have a big say in the #Raiders next coaching search, per the NY Post.
I would be lying if I I said I wasn’t bitter and jealous about this.
I don't think the deal to have Brady as a minority owner has been approved yet. Not sure how he can be owner of a team AND in the broadcast booth. Conflict of interest or at the very least issues with an owner having access to another teams facility when conducting media business and prep.

I don't know if this is a good thing. Look at Elway in Denver. His ability to select talent was mixed at best. What makes you a HOF QB doesn't mean you can be great at management and/or coaching.
Yeah I'm not sure Tom is really qualified to do this. We know he's one of if not the smartest player ever, but he has never coached or worked in football personal.

Yeah I'm not sure Tom is really qualified to do this. We know he's one of if not the smartest player ever, but he has never coached or worked in football personal.
He isn't coaching and isn't the GM. He is giving input as a future part owner as to who should run the team.

Where is the problem in that?

I don't think the deal to have Brady as a minority owner has been approved yet. Not sure how he can be owner of a team AND in the broadcast booth. Conflict of interest or at the very least issues with an owner having access to another teams facility when conducting media business and prep.
No approval yet, next owners meeting is in December.

It would make sense that Brady would have to give up the fox gig as part of getting approval though

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back