PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 9th overall in SI's "Fortunate 50"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe Tiger Woods is still #1 after his personal life mess and a year of sucking. Boy, I wish I was a much better golfer, but I am more like In-The-Woods than Tiger Woods with my driver.

2011 Fortunate 50 - SI.com

Still hard to beleive Matt Ryan makes more than Brady

He doesn't. These are snapshots in time and where football players are concerned fluctuate wildly. Ryan is due a $22M roster bonus this season in addition to his salary as part of his guaranteed money in his rookie deal. Last year Brady got almost as much as he's getting this year between already earned bonus and salary and a chunk of his new signing bonus. Ryan didn't make the list last year.

They should really prorate bonus money when they calculate football players earnings, as most teams do for cap purposes and Atlanta probably will. Either that or they will do an early extension for Ryan once the dust settles on the new CBA because no way he's counting $32M against their cap...

When I was delivering the Quincy Patriot Ledger for $.42 a week, I thought I'd make the list.

I've met 5 of them, played golf with 3 of them. :)

Pretty good guys, with one exception.

Brady might be 9th in terms of $$$ he is taxed on, but he's also working everything fro ma business aspect and becoming a % owner in 2 or more of the businesses he's associated with/representing and that will drive up his long term value (something I'm sure Giselle knows very well).

i realize many althetes own businesses, but Brady's seem to be more on a national level than the local level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye