PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Agent Says It's a 'Travesty' What Patriots Are Doing to Mankins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand all the drama Mankins agent seem's to be kicking up. Maby it is just to call as much media attention to himself as possible at Mankins expence. If I understand the the situation properly Mankins was served with the NONEXCLUSIVE franchise tag which gives his agent the right to shop Mankins where ever he wants. So, if he is obviousely worth so much more than the Pats have offered, being a good agent he should have no problem geting the contract he wants elsware. If he is the BEST OG in the league then there should be more than a few teams that would have no problem negociate with the Pats on compensation for the trade. All of this should be no problem for a highly competent agent with the best OG in the league. But maby the Pats offer was justified and spot on, and the agents ego has been damaged because he has been caught overplaying his hand. Maby this all an attempt by the agent to save face with Mankins and all his curent and future clients. Any way you look at it the ball is in the agents court to find a better alternative, and his tactics useing the media will only hurt him with future negociations and future clients and team knowing these tactics may be used on them. If Mankins stays great. If he leaves I am shoure that the pats will get the compensation he is worth and invest it well, and that is good also. But I will not be one to spend my time playing in to Mankins agents plans and give hi the media glorification he is obviously seeking. I don't see the Pats even acknowleging any of his rants.

Last edited:
In a world filled with such evils as (and just to name a few off the top of my head) war, rape, poverty, child abuse, sexual abuse, starvation, child soldiers, civil unrest, brutal economies, unemployment, foreclosures, etc., etc., I think the word "travesty" probably ought not be used to describe the situation of a man being paid only $10 million to do his job.

Way to go, Frank Bauer.

Frank Bauer's sense of reality is on same level as that clown in Libya. What a "travesty" to be only paid $10mill for one year when 99.9% of people in the world won't even sniff 1/10th level of money in their liefetime.

Having said that, WoMankins was offered a handsome sum of money for the services he provides to Pats. He chose to act like a Biatch - so, you reap what you sow, He's a effin Guard, and yes not a HOF guard - needs to take a few lessons from his QB, or true Patriot like Faulk about having some Class.

Time to ship his azz off to KC for a 2nd rounder.

I am sick of his pudgy farm boy face at the top of this forum. It just sits there mocking us. Please put somebody there that deserves it.

Mankins turns 29 in 2 weeks and will play under the Franchise Tag. When He is 30 years old for the 2012 season, the Patriots will move on as usual. Signing non QB's on the wrong side of 30, to large contracts, is not exactly what the Pats do.

Agent Says It's a 'Travesty' What Patriots Are Doing to Mankins
By: Ian Logue

When it comes to the contract situation between the Patriots and guard Logan Mankins, it appears very little has changed....

It's time for Mankins to go.....I wish they would resolve the CBA soon so they could move his fat a## on draft day.......but if not, I am sure he will be moved whenever the season starts (hopefully next year) I respect the guys talent and abilities.....but between him and his douche bag agent.....the act has gotten old. He is not worth more than what they have already offered him and he has now taken it to a whole new level of disrespect and un-professionalism. Get him outta here!!!

At this point, I'd rather have that guy that tears out sheep's balls with his teeth than Mankins!

At this point, I'd rather have that guy that tears out sheep's balls with his teeth than Mankins!

I bet Danny Woodhead could do that!!!

The travesty is what Mankins agent is doing to him.
How much money has Logan lost following this blowhard?
Millions!

Mankins turns 29 in 2 weeks and will play under the Franchise Tag. When He is 30 years old for the 2012 season, the Patriots will move on as usual. Signing non QB's on the wrong side of 30, to large contracts, is not exactly what the Pats do.

Age is a big piece of it for sure. In addition its also important that the team can justify the guaranteed money it shells out while the player is performing at a high-level. With Wilfork you had this...

SIGNING BONUS - $18 million

BASE SALARIES ($20.015 Million * guaranteed)
2010: $750,000*- age 28/29
2011: $765,000*- age 29/30
2012: $4.5 Million*- age 30/31
2013: $6.5 Million- age 31/32
2014: $7.5 Million- age 32/33

Plus he'll earn another $1m in workout and fat clauses. Thats around $25m lock, stock and barrel he will get in the first 3 years of the deal for an average of $8.3m per.

I may be wrong, but there is no way on god's green earth the Pats are paying Mankins more than Wilfork on any level.

I know he is not happy with the tender but he doesn't have any leverage. Thats the way it goes.

Lastly, his agent needs to shut his trap as his yammering will not get him anywhere.

I am sick of his pudgy farm boy face at the top of this forum. It just sits there mocking us. Please put somebody there that deserves it.

This perfectly sums up my feelings at this point.

In a world filled with such evils as (and just to name a few off the top of my head) war, rape, poverty, child abuse, sexual abuse, starvation, child soldiers, civil unrest, brutal economies, unemployment, foreclosures, etc., etc., I think the word "travesty" probably ought not be used to describe the situation of a man being paid only $10 million to do his job.

Way to go, Frank Bauer.

I couldn't agree more. I just don't understand why an agent has to personalize the situation in public with language like this. Do your business behind the scenes like professionals, get something done, or just stop talking about it and move on.

rofl :rofl: , word.

Way to go, Frank Bauer.

Clearly Frank is nothing like his brother Jack

I'm not sure what the Patriots are "doing to" Mankins.
He was an RFA last year and they tendered him and negotiated a contract.
He is a UFA this year, so they exercised their right to franchise him.
All they are doing is implementing the rules of the CBA.

IT would appear that Mankins and his agent feel that the Patriots should pay him more than they are willing to, or at least that is where each side is in the negotiation.
When does it become a 'travesty' for a team, or any employer in fact, to refuse to pay someone more than they feel they are worth?

Of course it would seem that Bauer feels Mankins somehow deserves special treatment. I suppose thats because he decided the 2010 season was important enough for him to participate in the first half of.

The real travesty is Mankins' play in the last few playoff games dating back to 2008.

Mankins-CloseUp-2-350w.jpg

Mar 4: NFLPA decertifies
MaR 6: Bauer files suit against the Pats to nullify the franchise tag.
Mar 7 to Xdate(resumption of CBA) Bauer back-door negotiates a new contract with anyone who will listen to him. (Mums the word.)
Xdate: CBA renews with old franchise tags reinstated.

Frank Bauer: the man who works hard for his money---

I'm not sure what the Patriots are "doing to" Mankins.
He was an RFA last year and they tendered him and negotiated a contract.
He is a UFA this year, so they exercised their right to franchise him.
All they are doing is implementing the rules of the CBA.

IT would appear that Mankins and his agent feel that the Patriots should pay him more than they are willing to, or at least that is where each side is in the negotiation.
When does it become a 'travesty' for a team, or any employer in fact, to refuse to pay someone more than they feel they are worth?

Of course it would seem that Bauer feels Mankins somehow deserves special treatment. I suppose thats because he decided the 2010 season was important enough for him to participate in the first half of.

I can't help but feel that the "travesty" is what the Patriots are doing to Mankins' agent.

He, even more so than Mankins himself, is dependent on a new contract with a large signing bonus so that the agent gets a big lump sum payout.

I don't know how agents contracts work but there's certainly not a lot of "negotiating" going on over the amount of the franchise tag (i.e. he might not get as high a percentage for contracts that don't require him to actually work as an agent) - and that one year guarantee obivoulsy gives the agent much less than a long-term contract with guaranteed bonus.

I do understand their frustration - but much of that has to do with the lack of a CBA and that's not something the Patriots can be blamed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes