Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Will Be The Next Member of the New England Patriots Hall of Fame?

• Bill Parcells

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Logan Mankins

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 44 62.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Parcells did absolutely nothing to protect Bledsoe when it was clear they were going to have to throw for it to get back in the game. Even 16 year old me could see Max Lane getting manhandled with absolutely no extra blocking to help.

I doubt Will McDonough would have published that... He and Parcells were tight
It's how Willie got his scoops. He had no problem reporting what he found out. Sitting on a real story like this would have made him not a reporter. He reported that Red was leaving after JYB made the McAdoo deal behind his back, and Red changed his mind at the last minute afterwards. But in both cases it was certainly in the interests of the public to know what was happening.

It's how Willie got his scoops. He had no problem reporting what he found out. Sitting on a real story like this would have made him not a reporter. He reported that Red was leaving after JYB made the McAdoo deal behind his back, and Red changed his mind at the last minute afterwards. But in both cases it was certainly in the interests of the public to know what was happening.
an explanation of my original comment - he was very careful in what he printed and what he held back, always respecting his "sources" ...

found this article... you pretty much get a bullseye... the tension between him and Kraft kept getting ratcheted up over the course of the season...
Will McDonough lays it out in this article...

Can't see how it didn't have an impact...
Wow. This is enlightening about Parcells, but especially about Kraft. The Krafty Bob moniker fits.

It's been said that parents are often the least qualified to be parents, and you can say the same about pro sports team owners.

Bob Kraft is insecure. He overthinks things. I've often pointed out his hand written addendum to his letter to Phil Bissell within a week of buying the team, "I too prefer the old logo."

So naturally you ask What the Hell is going on?

Bob's priorities are that he is in charge and his interests won't be shortchanged or undermined.

Do you see how he sabotages his own best interests?

I think he obviously loves the flying elvis because he wants no association with any prior history of the team. Yet he speaks wistfully complementing the great past Patriots who are of course now dropping like flies.

All the denigration of the team for 32 years must be right, right? So we have a ridiculous looking team in the Super Bowl playing the legendary Green Bay Packers with their same iconic logo and uniform from Super Bowl I.

"These uni's are awful. We look like a bunch of idiots." Tom Brady said this at the Pro Bowl, but he meant to say it his entire career.

Five years later the Patriots are on top and the top story worldwide is they don't belong there and they cheated. Yes, its origin is January 2002, not years later after multiple titles.

Bob Kraft is like Elizabeth Warren. You can't get a simple, direct, straight, honest answer out of them. During all the FakeGates, was Bob afraid that if he fought for the team on his own little island that he'd eventually get cast out like Snyder? Probably. In 2019 he tossed aside his own little logic for wrapping up Drew because he loved him, because he (as with Parcells) did not understand or appreciate what the hell he had!!!!

Parcells was READY TO STAY HERE AND KEEP COACHING. Read this! Just as Brady was READY TO STAY HERE AND KEEP PLAYING.

Attending Bob's wedding reflects Tom Brady's class and refusal to hold personal grudges against people.

You take the good with the bad. With Kraft and Belichick, we've gotten a ton of both.

I occasionally agree with Felger and he's right when he says the sh*tshow in Foxborough is ego-driven.

Wow. This is enlightening about Parcells, but especially about Kraft. The Krafty Bob moniker fits.

It's been said that parents are often the least qualified to be parents, and you can say the same about pro sports team owners.

Bob Kraft is insecure. He overthinks things. I've often pointed out his hand written addendum to his letter to Phil Bissell within a week of buying the team, "I too prefer the old logo."

So naturally you ask What the Hell is going on?

Bob's priorities are that he is in charge and his interests won't be shortchanged or undermined.

Do you see how he sabotages his own best interests?

I think he obviously loves the flying elvis because he wants no association with any prior history of the team. Yet he speaks wistfully complementing the great past Patriots who are of course now dropping like flies.

All the denigration of the team for 32 years must be right, right? So we have a ridiculous looking team in the Super Bowl playing the legendary Green Bay Packers with their same iconic logo and uniform from Super Bowl I.

"These uni's are awful. We look like a bunch of idiots." Tom Brady said this at the Pro Bowl, but he meant to say it his entire career.

Five years later the Patriots are on top and the top story worldwide is they don't belong there and they cheated. Yes, its origin is January 2002, not years later after multiple titles.

Bob Kraft is like Elizabeth Warren. You can't get a simple, direct, straight, honest answer out of them. During all the FakeGates, was Bob afraid that if he fought for the team on his own little island that he'd eventually get cast out like Snyder? Probably. In 2019 he tossed aside his own little logic for wrapping up Drew because he loved him, because he (as with Parcells) did not understand or appreciate what the hell he had!!!!

Parcells was READY TO STAY HERE AND KEEP COACHING. Read this! Just as Brady was READY TO STAY HERE AND KEEP PLAYING.

Attending Bob's wedding reflects Tom Brady's class and refusal to hold personal grudges against people.

You take the good with the bad. With Kraft and Belichick, we've gotten a ton of both.
keep in mind, this was within the first few years of him shelling out a lot of money, record money at the time iirc, for the Patriots... so lets not cast RKK in the villain role here... Both of them had huge egos, and they did clash...

Agree, but it's not Drew's fault Perkins and Parcells put him in a position to lose.

They utterly gave up on the run because Curtis got stopped a couple times and they were behind on the scoreboard. And they obviously thought much more of Drew's ability than he had. It was as stupid as starting Eason over a healthy and active Grogan or Flutie.
Bledsoe had been having his best season in '96. Through week 14 he had 25 TDs and 10 INTs. He fell apart thereafter, the last 5 weeks through SB 31 he had 5 TDs and 12 INTs. The defense and Curtis Martin were able to control the first two playoff games despite Bledsoe's mistakes. The defense wasn't even that bad in the SB but they gave up the one bomb to Freeman and they didn't force any turnovers. This was also before Favre turned into a endless succession of postseason blunders. Ultimately the turnover margin (0-4) was the major difference in the SB. That and obviously the KO return.

That '85 Bears team was unbeatable. Poor Eason had no chance. I think people forget he rebounded with a pretty nice season in '86. He was also good in '84. He never threw a postseason INT either (7 TDs & 0 INTs).

or Flutie
The legend of Doug Flutie grows. He didn't play for the Patriots until '87.

The defense wasn't even that bad in the SB but they gave up the one bomb to Freeman and they didn't force any turnovers.
Plus we couldn't stop Bad Moon Rison and Holmgren was smart enough to pick him up.
That '85 Bears team was unbeatable.
As was the 1980 Russian Olympic Hockey team.
Poor Eason had no chance.
Because he started. Everybody except Raymond Berry knew.
I think people forget he rebounded with a pretty nice season in '86.
He did his best, with a team that couldn't run without Hannah but could pass block and had awesome receivers & special teams.
He was also good in '84.
When Berry came in he let James run the ball. Tony took 59 sacks. I guess that was better than throwing picks-he had the smallest INT% in the NFL.
He never threw a postseason INT either (7 TDs & 0 INTs).
It's okay as long as you see that defense, running game and special teams were all going for him. He did not screw up in '85.

He never should have started against the Bears or the Broncos a year later. If you wanted to win the game.
The legend of Doug Flutie grows. He didn't play for the Patriots until '87.
And the 1988 Patriots...

...were putrid until the young quarterback got his first extended starting gig and they won enough games to be on the brink of the playoffs and title contention. The Patriots had a very strong running game, defense, special teams and had lots of playoff and Super Bowl experience.

...are we talking about 2001? No, 1988. And Berry decided to bench Flutie with two games left and replace him with Eason.

Just to make it even more absurd, Eason had not played a down in over a year.

keep in mind, this was within the first few years of him shelling out a lot of money, record money at the time iirc, for the Patriots... so lets not cast RKK in the villain role here... Both of them had huge egos, and they did clash...
Like I said, take the good with the bad.

But I'm done putting up with and making excuses for Kraft.

Like I said, take the good with the bad.

But I'm done putting up with and making excuses for Kraft.
Interesting... I find him to be a top notch steward of the team... Up there with the best of the best as far as owners go... ymmv

Interesting... I find him to be a top notch steward of the team... Up there with the best of the best as far as owners go... ymmv
There was a little girl,
And she had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good
She was very, very good,
And when she was bad she was horrid.

This is to me the definitive take on Pats HOF prospects:

This is to me the definitive take on Pats HOF prospects:

Edelman - not a chance he makes the HOF. No All Pro's or Pro Bowls. Has never been in the conversation as the best WR in the game during his time.
Seymour - Yes. 7 time Pro Bowler, 3 time first team All Pro and 2 second team All Pro's.
Wilfork - Probably not because NT's don't get as much attention as the pass rushing DT's. But he does have 5 Pro Bowls, 1 first team ALL Pro and 3 second team ALL Pro's as just a run stuffing NT.
Welker - Maybe. He didn't pioneer the slot, but he made it en vogue. He also has multiple 2 first team All Pro's and 2 second team ALL Pro's with 5 Pro Bowls.
Bruschi - No.
Vrabel - Lol. No.
McGinest - No.
McCourty - No.
Harrison - Maybe. His rep took a huge hit after the Trent Green injury. He was a very good S and regarded among the best for years.
Gilmore - No because he didn't play long enough with the Pats where he had his best years.
Mankins - Yes.
Slater - No.

Edelman - not a chance he makes the HOF. No All Pro's or Pro Bowls. Has never been in the conversation as the best WR in the game during his time.
Seymour - Yes. 7 time Pro Bowler, 3 time first team All Pro and 2 second team All Pro's.
Wilfork - Probably not because NT's don't get as much attention as the pass rushing DT's. But he does have 5 Pro Bowls, 1 first team ALL Pro and 3 second team ALL Pro's as just a run stuffing NT.
Welker - Maybe. He didn't pioneer the slot, but he made it en vogue. He also has multiple 2 first team All Pro's and 2 second team ALL Pro's with 5 Pro Bowls.
Bruschi - No.
Vrabel - Lol. No.
McGinest - No.
McCourty - No.
Harrison - Maybe. His rep took a huge hit after the Trent Green injury. He was a very good S and regarded among the best for years.
Gilmore - No because he didn't play long enough with the Pats where he had his best years.
Mankins - Yes.
Slater - No.

Mankin$: Never. Never ever ever ever Ever... Not even to the NEP HOF.

Agree about Wilfork... He should be, but likely won't be, elected to the PFHOF.

Agree with the rest.

Explain on Mankins.

He's a loud-mouthed, insulting loser who played his smallest on the game's biggest stage.

Damn shame that Little Billy & his ****-sucker Mikey Lombardi didn't draft Joel Bitonio to take his Immediate place instead of Dom Easily after they ****-canned him to Tampa just as he was making noise again about his contract...

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back