Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who Will Be The Next Member of the New England Patriots Hall of Fame?

• Bill Parcells

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Logan Mankins

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 44 62.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s a coach on the dolphins!
@crawhammer

Agreed, I not to long made a post about welker.. his 100 catches a season began to be so routine that it was expected of him.. the guy revolutionized the slot WR position.. I can't think of a more productive WR during that time playing his position of slot WR

@crawhammer

Agreed, I not to long made a post about welker.. his 100 catches a season began to be so routine that it was expected of him.. the guy revolutionized the slot WR position.. I can't think of a more productive WR during that time playing his position of slot WR
He’s a no brainer to be in. He will as some point

He’s a no brainer to be in. He will as some point
Hopefully he will.. the guys vastly undervalued... next patriots player than needs to be up for consideration is Hot rod Harrison In my opinion..

Hopefully he will.. the guys vastly undervalued... next patriots player than needs to be up for consideration is Hot rod Harrison In my opinion..
He should be in the pro football hall of fame as well. Another no brainer

He should be in the pro football hall of fame as well. Another no brainer
Guy was a great player at chargers for a long time and was a great player for us..

What's wrong with Randy Moss?
Best WR in franchise history... Moss only played in 52 games for the Patriots... not enough despite the epic 2007 season.

The best WR in franchise history is either Wes Welker or Stanley Morgan. Imagine keeping Morgan out of the Patriots HOF? It's unimaginable. Same for Welker.

Why is Mac Jones special?
He's not.

If you theoretically erase Parcells' escape to NY, would he/they still have had the same game plan and gone down in flames? I think so. The Packers were the stronger team with the better quarterback - like I meant earlier, to win as the underdog you need almost everything to go right, including your preparation, game plan, and adjustments at halftime.
I still haven't seen anything that Parcells did prior to the Super Bowl that impacted the outcome of the game. Had the preparation not been adequate for that game, they would have lost by 50 points. Within the first 5 minutes of the game Bledsoe was giving points to Green Bay. His second turnovers led to another GB score. The Patriots couldn't sustain a 4th quarter drive because of more Bledsoe turnovers. Favre played a clean game. Bledsoe had 4 INTs. Game over.

I wouldn't vote for any of them. Although I love Parcells, he was a .500 coach w the Patriots. if I'm going to be consistent and schitt on Bill the Coach for his horrible sub .500 record post Brady, I can't laud Tuna for being 34-34

I still haven't seen anything that Parcells did prior to the Super Bowl that impacted the outcome of the game. Had the preparation not been adequate for that game, they would have lost by 50 points. Within the first 5 minutes of the game Bledsoe was giving points to Green Bay. His second turnovers led to another GB score. The Patriots couldn't sustain a 4th quarter drive because of more Bledsoe turnovers. Favre played a clean game. Bledsoe had 4 INTs. Game over.
11 carries total for C-Mart was suicide. He needed at least 25. Or thirty.

Everyone, including Parcells & his coaches, was mesmerized by and enamored of Bledsoe's passing stats. Like Raymond Berry was of Tony Eason's.

leading up to the game, there was a lot of talk about parcells leaving... and even moreso, it was a widely known "secret" that the jete had started their play for parcells early in 1996 because he had let his disagreement with kraft spill over in the press... thats when you get the famous shop for the groceries quote... lesser known quote was when parcells was directly asked about the jets his answer was, paraphrasing here, " i'm sgt. schultz, I know nothing" ... he wasnt even trying to deny it / hide it anymore... every rumor that had landed prior to the super bowl was confirmed the night of the super bowl, when he declined to leave new orleans with his team...

To say that it didnt have a negative impact on the team leading up to the game is being deliberately obtuse...

And quite honestly, that packers team was not so much better than the Patriots... they didn't outclass them like the Bears did a decade earlier...

Last edited:
Parcells not making any adjustments to the Packers' pass rush certainly didn't help. Lane was getting manhandled by White.

That Super Bowl pissed Belichick off because of how uncommitted Parcells was. All week they had told him no kicks to Howard.

Did Drew play brilliant? No. Did he play in a void? Also no.

leading up to the game, there was a lot of talk about parcells leaving... and even moreso, it was a widely known "secret" that the jete had started their play for parcells early in 1996 because he had let his disagreement with kraft spill over in the press... thats when you get the famous shop for the groceries quote... lesser known quote was when parcells was directly asked about the jets his answer was, paraphrasing here, " i'm sgt. schultz, I know nothing" ... he wasnt even trying to deny it / hide it anymore... every rumor that had landed prior to the super bowl was confirmed the night of the super bowl, when he declined to leave new orleans with his team...

To say that it didnt have a negative impact on the team leading up to the game is being deliberately obtuse...

And quite honestly, that packers team was not so much better than the Patriots... they didn't outclass them like the Bears did a decade earlier...
I think the point of the nomination is to recognize that Tuna choosing to come here and be, well, Tuna, was franchise affecting historically in a positive way, and everybody knew it. When you take the good with the bad, and put it in perspective, Coach being here ranks up there with Kraft buying the team & hiring Bill Belichick, and Belichick drafting Tom Brady.

It's logically stupid to vote for Parcells for the team HOF. But celebrating and enjoying the good things his time here brought is not. Putting aside my anger about the Hall's omissions, it would be GREAT for everyone to put everything aside and thank Bill.

Giving C-Mart 11 carries is what killed us in the Bayou. Perkins et al. were mesmerized and enamored with Bledsoe's passing yards, just as Raymond Berry was with Tony Eason's.

11 carries total for C-Mart was suicide. He needed at least 25. Or thirty.

Everyone, including Parcells & his coaches, was mesmerized by and enamored of Bledsoe's passing stats. Like Raymond Berry was of Tony Eason's.
Parcells is no dummy, he knew Bledsoe's limitations. Besides, you can criticize the game plan, and the execution, but this has nothing to do with Parcells allegedly sabotaging the game ahead of time because he had "one foot out the door." I've heard this stated as though it's a fact when in reality there's no concrete examples or evidence of it.

Don't spoil the good vibes now... obviously I'm not being "deliberately obtuse."

The '85 Bears may have been the GOAT team in NFL history so it's not really fair to use them as a comparison to anyone. However, the '96 Packers had the #1 ranked offense and defense and the best offensive player (Favre) and defender (White) in the NFL. The Packers were pretty much better than the Patriots at everything and they outclassed us by a significant margin at QB.

Otherwise, you're speculating about how the team may have been affected by Parcells disillusionment with Kraft. And what Parcells did after the game is meaningless to the team's preparation for the game. I think Pats fans generally are bitter with Parcells and have conjured up some nebulous circumstance that supposedly was detrimental to the team heading into the Super Bowl.

Frankly, Bledsoe was putrid that entire postseason, however the defense was so dialed in it didn't really matter until the Super Bowl when in a higher scoring contest where the QB has to make some plays, Bledsoe was hardly up to the task. Like he never was for his entire career. I know there's some sentiment for Bledsoe here but he wasn't a winner and he was at his very worst in the postseason. Example 1A is SB 31.

Parcells is no dummy, he knew Bledsoe's limitations. Besides, you can criticize the game plan, and the execution, but this has nothing to do with Parcells allegedly sabotaging the game ahead of time because he had "one foot out the door." I've heard this stated as though it's a fact when in reality there's no concrete examples or evidence of it.

Don't spoil the good vibes now... obviously I'm not being "deliberately obtuse."

The '85 Bears may have been the GOAT team in NFL history so it's not really fair to use them as a comparison to anyone. However, the '96 Packers had the #1 ranked offense and defense and the best offensive player (Favre) and defender (White) in the NFL. The Packers were pretty much better than the Patriots at everything and they outclassed us by a significant margin at QB.

Otherwise, you're speculating about how the team may have been affected by Parcells disillusionment with Kraft. And what Parcells did after the game is meaningless to the team's preparation for the game. I think Pats fans generally are bitter with Parcells and have conjured up some nebulous circumstance that supposedly was detrimental to the team heading into the Super Bowl.

Frankly, Bledsoe was putrid that entire postseason, however the defense was so dialed in it didn't really matter until the Super Bowl when in a higher scoring contest where the QB has to make some plays, Bledsoe was hardly up to the task. Like he never was for his entire career. I know there's some sentiment for Bledsoe here but he wasn't a winner and he was at his very worst in the postseason. Example 1A is SB 31.
Vibes are all good craw... didn't mean to say you were being DO, apologies if you read it otherwise, wasn't my intention to call you out there...

The parcels thing was ugly and got uglier as the year went on.... it was a kinda you had to be there moment in time... and there were peeps who were... hence the obtuse reference

The 96 pats stood slightly better than a punchers chance... Eliminate that lightning quick 80 yard bomb in the 2nd, and the pats were right there... They were competitive but kept glitching... Martin was a beast in the first half, disappeared in the second iirc... But don't hold me to that... I think the circus act leading up to the game hurt them, and hurt their focus in the game...

The 85 pats though, they never stood a chance... not one.

Way different scenarios between the two games

Teams were afraid to challenge Gilbert Brown and Santana Dotson in 1996 who were a part of a D allowing 88 rushing yards per game (4th best in the NFL). It wasn't until the following season where they had a massive drop off. The Broncos, who got a beat down by the Packers a year prior, played them at the right time in 1997. This was also the first year where Favre started choking in the playoffs.

I forget which reporter found it but they had Parcells phone records for the 2 weeks before the superbowl from his hotel room. He spent a couple of hours a day on the phone with jets HQ. I don't care that he left or that he talked to the jets. I am royally rip **** pissed that he did it before the super bowl where IMO the entire team should be prepping 16 hours a day and sleeping/recovering the other 8.

I forget which reporter found it but they had Parcells phone records for the 2 weeks before the superbowl from his hotel room. He spent a couple of hours a day on the phone with jets HQ. I don't care that he left or that he talked to the jets. I am royally rip **** pissed that he did it before the super bowl where IMO the entire team should be prepping 16 hours a day and sleeping/recovering the other 8.
You're right, but Bill's Bill. Fairbanks did the same thing, but I don't forget or overlook the tremendous things they did despite not getting along with ownership.

I don't believe the bit about the phone records but it doesn't matter a whole lot anyway because the Patriots lost SB 31 because their QB had 3 TDs and 0 INTs whereas our QB had 2 TDs and 4 INTs. They were the superior team heading into the game and they won the turnover battle 4-0, which has nothing to do any communications Parcells may have had with the Jets.

I don't believe the bit about the phone records but it doesn't matter a whole lot anyway because the Patriots lost SB 31 because their QB had 3 TDs and 0 INTs whereas our QB had 2 TDs and 4 INTs. They were the superior team heading into the game and they won the turnover battle 4-0, which has nothing to do any communications Parcells may have had with the Jets.
I think a legitimate complaint is that, focusing 100% on the game might have led Parcells to realize that Bledsoe was not going to win it for you, and giving C-Mart at least 25-30 carries would.

Just as had Fairbanks paid 100% attention, he would have seen that Grogan couldn't play and started Owen. The Oilers did just that a year later at the heavily favored Chargers with Nielsen, won and started Pastorini in the AFCCG at Pittsburgh.

This is a perfect example of what Ian is talking about. You said there are no concrete examples of him having one foot out the door. I give you evidence that during super bowl week, friggin Super Bowl week, when every last person on the team should be eating, drinking, breathing, sleeping the game plan, he was on the phone for hours. Instead of hmm I hadn’t heard of that, its allow me to dismiss it as never happened and reiterate the talking points I already said 100 times. This is why responding to you is pointless, you already made up your mind and no other evidence that counters your notion of what happened is allowed.

This is a perfect example of what Ian is talking about. You said there are no concrete examples of him having one foot out the door. I give you evidence that during super bowl week, friggin Super Bowl week, when every last person on the team should be eating, drinking, breathing, sleeping the game plan, he was on the phone for hours. Instead of hmm I hadn’t heard of that, its allow me to dismiss it as never happened and reiterate the talking points I already said 100 times. This is why responding to you is pointless, you already made up your mind and no other evidence that counters your notion of what happened is allowed.
Listen bro, if you have "evidence" that "for the 2 weeks before the superbowl from his hotel room, Parcells spent a couple of hours a day on the phone with Jets HQ" then I will entirely retract my support of Parcells for the Patriots HOF. So far your source is someone you can't remember who allegedly had phone records. Who was it and where are these phone records?

This isn't the first time I've heard about these phone records but I don't recall seeing anything that amounted to "evidence." Two hours per day for two weeks is pretty specific... if it's accurate then there's got to be something you can show me.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back