PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Zappe's Opportunity Was There To Seize Starting Role with Patriots, And He Missed It

I am saying with a pessimistic take. Maybe McCoy was really lucky . Too many backup QBs today and no backup QB really saves the season like a purdy .

Or wins you one like foles .

Teams will have more rookie backups to reduce rookie QB cost unless should have players like hoyer who latch onto teams to eternally hold clipboards.
I can only wonder how much money all-time backup QB winner Ryan Fitzpatrick managed to pocket during his 17 year backup (mostly) career...

I can only wonder how much money all-time backup QB winner Ryan Fitzpatrick managed to pocket during his 17 year backup (mostly) career...

If I'm reading this correctly, then over $80M bucks!

I always try to approach life with an optimistic take. It seems to lead to more joy and happiness. You might try it, maybe your marriage will improve too ;)
Agree. Marriage is fine so far .. just a bit of pessimism married with realism... Average tenure of 3.4 years x annual contract value.

Brady kept winning.
Yes he did. We were driving down to the Super Bowl and Bill hadn’t officially announced the QB yet. We received a call on the way down and we’re told Bill announced it was Brady, nine of us in the motor home cheered.

Yes he did. We were driving down to the Super Bowl and Bill hadn’t officially announced the QB yet. We received a call on the way down and we’re told Bill announced it was Brady, nine of us in the motor home cheered.
I wish that I had gone to that SB when tickets were plentiful and cheap. I didnt want to leave my lucky seat at the sports bar.

I did make it to 7 other Super Bowls though and got in twice for $1000 per game and great seats.

Nailed it. This is what it always was.

Only logical that Zappe had to be great because Tom Brady was a late pick too. Therefore logically Zappe was also a diamond in the rough. They’re always on the bench just waiting for someone to figure that out. It’s just that easy finding a quarterback in this league!
That's what I said through the whole Stidham and Zappe sagas. Fans when they aren't happy with the current guy always think their is some magic guy on the bench just waiting to save the day. It almost never happens unless that dude on the bench is already being groomed as a starter. But Tom Brady and Purdy are like freak occurences that happen once every 10 or so years over hundreds of scenarios.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Yes he did.

In the battle of red no contact jerseys.
Either way we’ll find out soon if Mac is our guy or a pretender…

I am one who thought (and still thinks) that for a period of times, Zappe genuinely outplayed Mac and that he therefore had earned a legitimate look as a prospective starting QB. Please note, this is not a "call for a quarterback competition" (whatever, if anything, that may mean.) While Zappe may not have been afforded the sort of full-on shot at the job more rabid Zappe supporters than I might have hoped for, I believe, as Ian seems to, that he really did get "a look," a genuine one. They gave him opportunities to show what he could do. Fair enough. The fact that the look served to confirm that he really isn't quite up to the task and is not likely to develop sufficiently to achieve that standing isn;t the team's fault. It is - in a phrase we used far more often in happier times - what it is, and Zappe is what he is. So it goes.

Why am I responding to this old thread? Good question. I have no idea. It could be a simple case of logorrhea

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back