PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Last Two Patriots Practices, Leftover Notes from 1st Pre-season game, Missed Opportunity

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: Last Two Patriots Practices, Leftover Notes from 1st Pre-season game, Missed Opportunity
Mark Morse
Bailey Zappe was under duress constantly with the poor play of the Offensive line. Despite this, he was 12 of 14 passing and his two incompletions were actually throwaways. He had no turnovers. There was also no running game as the runningbacks averaged 1.9 yards per carry. Again the O-line couldn’t open any holes for the backs.

The post MORSE: Last Two Patriots Practices, Leftover Notes from 1st Pre-season game, Missed Opportunity appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

"Watched a little of Chasen Hines late in the game and thought he looked pretty good. A little trouble in the run game but overall he didn’t play badly. I think there is something to work with there."

- I don't think he played that well, at all. Too many physical/mental mistakes.

"...The Patriots also added Micah Vanterpool a 6’6” Offensive Guard from the USFL New Jersey Generals..."

- He is Not 6'6; that was one of the two who worked out here last week, Cheeky Somebody.

Dude's a weak slug. Trevor Reid (Cunningham's LT at Louisville) should've been the one signed.

"...The Heilig experiment is over. This was one of the most bizarre signings of the Bill Belichick era..."

- Yep; what a waste, of everything. Little Billy's sick, perverted hard-on for Special olympics Teamers needs to come to an end, Immediately.
Too bad about Fatukasi however; I thought he rated a longer look as a possible positional Upgrayedd to Chris Board.

"...I don’t see him [Cunningham] getting through waivers at the final cutdown."

- Still not sure about that; I need to see more during the next two weeks.

"...It appears that Conor McDermott is playing himself out of a role with the team..."

- Say whaaa? He was their Best OLman on Thursday night!

"Shaun Wade had an interception on Monday. It was on a screen pass. Excellent recognition and execution on his part. He has played well in these two practices."

- Still hoping that he does enough during the next two weeks to be kept over suck-ass, never-will-be garbage like Myles Away & Bedsore.

And regarding Dawand Jones: If we had somehow been able to draft BYU LT Blake Freeland, then I would've had no problem taking Jones at 107 after him... But the Left Tackle needed to come First; and without Freeland I would've taken one of the other available LTs such as Carter Warren, Warren McClendon, Jaelyn Duncan et al and then concentrated on other positions of need like WR, TE & CB...

Offensive line play is tough to evaluate...like other positions...need to know the scheme executed, the defense's scheme, your line mates' responsibilities, and yours as well....

Offensive line play is tough to evaluate
Yeah, maybe a kid from the Sunbelt Conference no one had ever heard of. Jake Andrews. But in the Big Ten Dawand Jones dominated. Has that nasty streak.

Imagine him at RT next to Onwenu? And with Trent Brown at LT? That would’ve been world class beef patties.

But the Left Tackle needed to come First; and without Freeland I would've taken one of the other available LTs such as Carter Warren, Warren McClendon, Jaelyn Duncan et al and then concentrated on other positions of need like WR, TE & CB...
You must foolishly think LT is the second most important position after QB.

Don’t worry. We’ll be fine with Trent Brown. Perfectly fine.

Nothing to worry about. Ok?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back