Originally Posted by speed
Sadly, you'll see almost EXACTLY this before the week is over. That is why it was hard to see the sarcasm.
Well that's my point. The Chargers' fans arguments will come down to pretty much what I said:
- LT and the Chargers are unstoppable on offense (even though they've been stopped many times)
- The Pats' D is too old (even though really it's just a couple of guys, and even so, they held opponents to fewer yards and points per game than SD's "young, fast" defense did)
- The Pats are complacent while SD is motivated (yeah, the goal of an undefeated season sure would make one complacent)
- The Chargers are the hottest team in the league, having won 8 straight (um, the Pats have won 17 straight)
- The Chargers pass rush is the greatest ever (hasn't stopped the Pats from putting up a avg of 31 ppg on them in their last 2 meetings)
- The Chargers, being a run-first team, are better suited for the cold weather (where Brady hasn't lost below 32 degrees and where they're 24-2 since 2001 in Dec/Jan in Foxboro, and Brady is 7-0 at home in the playoffs)
I mean, what's really the only scenario whereby the Chargers win? I think they have to generate 2-3 turnovers, maybe one that leads directly to a score (INT returned for a TD, something like that), LT has to run wild, and their pressure has to force Brady into a bad game. That's a lot of things that have to go right for them to win.