Welcome to PatsFans.com

Buffalo fans sour grapes

Discussion in 'Visiting Locker Room' started by stephens44, Sep 6, 2013.

1. stephens44

stephens44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Why do you hate the New England Patriots ?

Good stuff here... Poor education system or toxic gene pool, barely interested inquiring minds are slighty interested to know :D

Awesome comments about us, the Pats fanbase.
  2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +518 / 0 / -3

Comment #1, on why the OP on the Bills forum hates the Patriots:
    I can assure you it has nothing to do with winning and losing football games

I can assure that person that winning and losing has almost everything to do with it. The only exception to that rule is hating the Jets.

Comment #7:
    Anytime I am at a bar watching Direct Ticket with all the games on at the same time the worst fans are always Patriots fans. Brady can be 31 for 32 with 9 touchdowns and they still complain about the pass he threw away because no one was open.

I think he must have been sitting next to former brother-in-law ... or perhaps one of several posters on this forum. :D

Comment #9:
    For me it does have to do with winning and losing. Thats why Miami isn't as big of a rival now as they were in the Marino days.
    Comment #11:
    because they own us. that's the only thing i care about. i hate them because they're better than us.
    Comment #17:
    Because we've only beat them twice since 2000.
    Comment #38:
    1. Because they are in our division
    2. Because they win
    3. Because we don't

Ahh, now we're getting a bit of honesty amidst all the predictable responses...

The only one that I would characterize as "sour grapes" though is the Bills fan who claims that "making the playoffs means nothing to me". I can categorically say that any fan of any team that has not made the playoffs in over a decade would be ecstatic over getting to the post-season even though they ultimately did not win it all.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  3. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -1

I can't hate them. They live in Buffalo.

I passed through the area on my way to Canada last month and I'm still popping antidepressants.
  4. dannydyn

dannydyn PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -2

#12 Jersey

at least they're honest... unlike that green garbage fanbase
  5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,117 / 6 / -23

#61 Jersey

Yup. Our hate is insignificant compared to what God already has done to them.

:rofl:
  6. sb1

sb1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -11

#12 Jersey

The first one was a running joke for a while in their media... for some reason they kept making Chuck Norris jokes using Tedy Bruschi's name. :confused:
  7. sb1

sb1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -11

#12 Jersey

Maybe the Pats remind them of the Curse of Flutie.

They started Rob Johnson and benched Doug Flutie in that playoff game, and the franchise hasn't been the same since.
  8. Get it shawtaay

Get it shawtaay Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

The picture of Kenbrell Thompkins and the Easter Island statue in the "lookalikes" thread was pretty great.

EDIT - to save people the cost in brain cells of browsing that site:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Dumba ss, its called running time out
  10. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +67 / 2 / -2

I can't blame them for thinking we get all the calls. They probably don't watch out games enough to get proper perspective and "confirmation bias" goes a long way to making people think otherwise.
  11. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +318 / 2 / -12

#50 Jersey

I'm sick of the belly aching out of Buffalo. Buffalo ain't got nothing on Patriots fans. We've lost four Super Bowls, too. But that doesn't slow us down.

And the small market thing is bogus. How in the world can the Green Bay Packers in a city with a population of 106,000 field a competitive team pretty much every year and pack their stadium while Buffalo NY with an urban population of 261,000 and metro-area of 1.1 million be such a stiff year after year after year?

Somebody should step up and pry the Buffalo Bills from the cold dead hand of 94-year-old Ralph C. Wilson who is successor to Al Davis as the worst owner in the NFL.

Ralph C. Wilson is an absentee landlord who lives in Michigan year round and takes his greatest joy from attending NFL owners' meetings in warm cities and counting the parking receipts from home games.

They change GMs and head coaches in Buffalo like Al Roker changes underwear. The Bills have had seven different head coaches during Bill Belichick's tenure with the Patriots. They have not appeared in the playoffs since Bill Belichick resigned as HC of the NYJ.
  12. olschool

olschool Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's just East Detroit.
  13. condon84

condon84 Rookie

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -3

That Teddy Bruschi spoof video is funny as hell.
  14. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Let's face it, you didn't pass through here. It is a pretty nice city.

I hate Buffalo fans.
  15. chris66

chris66 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who cares the Bills are beyond irrelevant. They get a new coach every three years and its always the same. High hopes until it comes crashing down by October. Wash, rinse repeat.
  16. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -1

I said I passed through the area. How else does one go to Toronto from i90?

And no, Buffalo is not a nice city. I attended a wedding there in November and I can't think of a single nice thing from the experience (aside from the open bar).
  17. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

I-90 doesn't go through the city. I-90 passes north through Amherst and Tonawanda.

I've lived in so many places in the USA. Boston, Providence, Ann Arbor, Washington, DC, New York, New Haven, Hartford, Philly, Baltimore, Rochester, Albany, Pittsburgh, and the only cities that beat Buffalo for beauty are Boston and New York. The city here, its great parks, its incredible houses, and turn of the century architecture, make for a very beautiful town. There are dozens of recent articles out there of people who have this experience.

There are a lot of bad things to say about Buffalo. The poverty, the lack of ethnic food, the Bills, etc. But the beauty of the city, the great neighborhoods, the waterfront, these are pluses.
  18. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

The Gronkowski family is from the Buffalo region.

They were considered of the "intellectual class".

'Nuf ced.
  19. stinebot

stinebot Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#91 Jersey

One recurring theme I saw was "running up the score". Not just with Bills fans but with fans and players of about half the teams the Pats play. Now, maybe the point of the game was changed when I wasn't looking, but last I knew the offense was supposed to score and the defense was supposed to prevent scoring. Why be mad at the Pats because your own inept defense can't do their jobs? Furthermore, what is more insulting: to run a play on 4th down or to essentially say "we know you can't beat us so we are going to stop trying"? This isn't little league. There's no mercy rule. The game has to be played for 60 minutes. So if you don't like the way the Patriots offense is playing, do something about it on the field rather than complaining in a press conference after the fact.
  20. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -1

I realize that. That's why I wrote "passed through the area" and not "passed through Buffalo".

I have been to Buffalo on separate occasions.