04-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Join Date: Apr 2010
re: The Jets suck (merged)
Originally Posted by KontradictioN
1. Lost their best offensive lineman from last year in Alan Faneca and now D'Bust has to rely on help from a rookie, making the left side of their offensive line wide open to opposing blitzes.
2. Will be without their prized free agent acquisition for the first few games of the season, meaning that he will miss important division games vs. the Pats and @ the Dolphins. It's not far fetched for the Jesters to start the season with an 0-2 mark in the division.
3. Though I personally think that Shonn Greene will pick up where he left off a year ago, they still lost the most dangerous back in the division in Leon Washingon and managed to replace him with Joe McKnight who never impressed me at USC. On top of that, as mentioned, the Jets lost their best run blocker.
4. They still have Mark Sanchez at quarterback.
5. While Holmes and Cotchery are solid, Braylon Edwards is still looking for where his hands disappeared to after the 2007 season. He should be a waste of space again this season on the Jets' WR depth chart.
6. They have lost a good DE in Ellis while Kris Jenkins is another year older and another injury slower.
7. Who is the starting at SS next to Jim Leonhard? Rhodes was extremely overrated but he was better than nothing.
There are seven issues with this Jets team that I can think of off the top of my head. IMO, this team does have talent, but it has just as many issues (if not more) than the rest of the teams in this division. Well, maybe not the Bills. But you get my drift...
1) Faneca was the weak link on the line last year and was a liability in pass protection.
2) Not having Holmes will suck, this is true.
3) Washington wasn't dangerous since 2008 and was bad on kickoffs last year. McKnight is at least fresh legs and didn't have a major injury last year.
4) Hopefully Mark steps it up this year.
5) The threat of Braylon going deep opened up the run game last year and he still does catch the occasional bomb.
6) Ellis is still on the team, Jenkins is healthy.
7) Poole was rated as one of the top safetys last year and if he can stay healthy they should be fine.
The team has issues but you are making up a few of your own.