PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zeke???

Not that the team are all choir boys nor need to be, but in this case it seems like a huge flight risk given Zeke is a degenerate POS scum of the earth who likes to put his fists on women. Pass.
Police investigated and found nothing to charge.

We're all set 4 RB's, counting on Strong AND Harris AND Montgomery?
=============
I think that Belichick strongly disagrees. An injury to Rham for a couple of games and we would have one of the worst RB groups in the NFL.

I have us adding a RB and carrying 4 in addition to Montgomery.
No.

If our OL is straight Strong & Harris would be a very good duo.

Both passed any test you want to see in limited showings. Both complement each other and have a year in the system.

The idea that Zeke could fill in for Rham is laughable considering Zeke was the 2nd best RB on his team by a good mile.

Also Bill hasn't exactly been hitting home rums lately. I prefer to have my own opinions. Right or wrong. Rather than bend the knee to a guy who's almost out the door.

Last edited:
The latest is Cook to Miami and Zeke to the Cowboys.

It makes the most sense.

I really believe our interest in Zeke is mostly his ability to pick up the blitz. How much is that worth?

Strong and Harris probably do everything else as well.

The contract the Pats are offering Zeke is likely a borderline joke to him.

Any mention of who ends-up sitting in our own musical chair?

I have not seen anything. But I did see another report of Cook to Miami. Zeke is probably waiting for Cook? Zeke must realize this year and next might be his last years so he might chase money and go to the highest bidder.

They had a Ground Round in the old Prudential Center mall, before the big renovation they did there in the 1990s. I worked in the “little Pru” right next to it. There was a little bar there called “PJs” that was connected, they had Ground Round appetizers and inexpensive pitchers of beer. The folks I worked with would always kick off the weekend at PJs. It was a great way not only to transition from the work week but to build comraderie. Lots of little conflicts from the week got hashed out and settled in a friendly way there, with no HR bullcrap. Needless to say that came to an end with the renovation and would not be viewed favorably by corporate weenies these days. Those were the days, boomers!

I know exactly where you're talking about! That was the Ground Round I visited the most, since before I was a teenager... I vaguely remember PJ's too... Wasn't there also a Champions bar nearby?

Regarding Zeke, I‘d be a big fan of bringing him onboard for the right price. I can’t see Cook coming here. I’d be OK with Hunt or Fournette also but am a lot more confident that Elliott would make an impact in comparison to either of them, or Strong or Harris. As many have mentioned above, blitz pickup will be crucial for the Pats this season, especially with the mysterious situation for their OT position. He can fill that need well and can get the short yardage gains that I don’t think Harris or Strong can get, especially in the red zone.

Completely agree.

The latest is Cook to Miami and Zeke to the Cowboys.
Thank you for clarifying that this was only your own speculation. I think Miami would make the most sense for Cook as far as getting starter’s reps and it feels like that’s where he wants to go the most. He’s just hoping (like many other RBs) that a better market manifests itself after some openings during training camp. Hasn’t really happened so far. As far as Zeke goes I also think a return to the Cowboys is most likely. The Pats are probably low balling every RB they bring in hoping one would be okay with it but no bites.

Thank you for clarifying that this was only your own speculation. I think Miami would make the most sense for Cook as far as getting starter’s reps and it feels like that’s where he wants to go the most. He’s just hoping (like many other RBs) that a better market manifests itself after some openings during training camp. Hasn’t really happened so far. As far as Zeke goes I also think a return to the Cowboys is most likely. The Pats are probably low balling every RB they bring in hoping one would be okay with it but no bites.

It is not my speculation, but it is speculation. If you Google it, everyone is talking about Miami and Dallas, no-one is talking about NY or NE. There are lots of media reports, but there were lots of reports of Cook to the JETE a few weeks ago, so who knows.

I know exactly where you're talking about! That was the Ground Round I visited the most, since before I was a teenager... I vaguely remember PJ's too... Wasn't there also a Champions bar nearby?

Completely agree.
There was indeed a Champions bar near the Pru until it shut down during quarantine in 2020 and never reopened. I’d been there once or twice before, it was a good spot. Whiskey’s on Boylston suffered the same fate sadly.

You've got a great memory, considering how long (I infer from your posts) you've been gone from living around here. Champions was in Copley Place, after PJs was gone we occasionally went there, but the feel was different for us and it definitely did not feature inexpensive anything. The thing about Ground Round is that when they first were developed (by Howard Johnson's if I remember correctly - another Boston area success) they were sort of a trend setter in being a family friendly pub style restaurant, with good enough food and good quality control. This was way before places like Fridays or Applebees came on the scene. Too bad they weren't able to remain successful.

You've got a great memory, considering how long (I infer from your posts) you've been gone from living around here.
Yeah except from 1988-92 I've lived away from MA more often than I've lived there since 1978...

Champions was in Copley Place, after PJs was gone we occasionally went there, but the feel was different for us and it definitely did not feature inexpensive anything.
A friend of mine won a Hoop Shot arcade tournament there once, and was presented his trophy/prize by Rick Barry himself!

The thing about Ground Round is that when they first were developed (by Howard Johnson's if I remember correctly - another Boston area success)
Howard Johnson's was big up there when I was a kid... My dad worked at the Sears distribution center in Southie, on the south-bound side of the Expressway, and for years there was a HoJo's restaurant & hotel right next to it... If we had been visiting our closest relatives in Belmont, passing it was a sign that we were almost home...

they were sort of a trend setter in being a family friendly pub style restaurant, with good enough food and good quality control. This was way before places like Fridays or Applebees came on the scene. Too bad they weren't able to remain successful.

Agreed:

youtube Ground Round Massachusetts restaurant commercial

What do the patriots like in Zeke over Dalvin Cook? I can’t figure this one out… Is it purely financial? I think cook could be very effective here not really sure about Zeke because he fell off so much last year.

What do the patriots like in Zeke over Dalvin Cook? I can’t figure this one out… Is it purely financial? I think cook could be very effective here not really sure about Zeke because he fell off so much last year.
IMG_4694.jpeg

Position Versatility.

It's largely financial, with a significantly smaller % of it about off-field stuff.

Until they sign one of them there’s nothing to show they like either of them.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back