Zeke???

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Elliot would be a good signing for the Patriots. Give him
30-40% of the carries to keep both fresh for late and post season. Has some wear and tear but only 28 and a beast at his best. Good in red zone, good receiver too, dangerous on screens.

I think he's a good potential pickup as well on a snap-count. Stevenson gets 50% of the snaps and Zeke gets around 30%, with someone like Ty Montgomery or Pierre Strong taking that specialty passing-back role for certain situations. Stevenson is a 3-down back, but Zeke can also play on all 3 downs, so it's nice to have a guy who can spell the "main guy" and still do everything.

He is a little bit douchey though, @Dingleberry is right on that front.

I think he's a good potential pickup as well on a snap-count. Stevenson gets 50% of the snaps and Zeke gets around 30%, with someone like Ty Montgomery or Pierre Strong taking that specialty passing-back role for certain situations. Stevenson is a 3-down back, but Zeke can also play on all 3 downs, so it's nice to have a guy who can spell the "main guy" and still do everything.

He is a little bit douchey though, @Dingleberry is right on that front.
I don’t get Ty Montgomery being considered anything but a last resort.

There's been a lot of bs flying around here about Hopkins declining since he chose the Titans over us. Elliott, now he's a player you can say showed decline last season. His yards per attempt dropped to 3.8 which put him at 41st out of 46 qualifying players. His career average (including the subpar 2022) is 4.4 Y/A. He was a complete zero in the passing game too.

This isn't the guy I want taking snaps away from Rham who's one of the more exciting young players on the team right now.

There's been a lot of bs flying around here about Hopkins declining since he chose the Titans over us. Elliott, now he's a player you can say showed decline last season. His yards per attempt dropped to 3.8 which put him at 41st out of 46 qualifying players. His career average (including the subpar 2022) is 4.4 Y/A. He was a complete zero in the passing game too.

This isn't the guy I want taking snaps away from Rham who's one of the more exciting young players on the team right now.
It's not taking snaps away, it's spelling your workhorse. I doubt they want Stevenson taking 75% or more of the snaps, he will wear down. At the same time, it's hard to find a player with the skillset to do everything Stevenson does, even if he's not as good. Zeke can do that but not with a high snap count. With a light load for a couple drives a game, or a substitution for certain situations, could work.

It's not taking snaps away, it's spelling your workhorse. I doubt they want Stevenson taking 75% or more of the snaps, he will wear down. At the same time, it's hard to find a player with the skillset to do everything Stevenson does, even if he's not as good. Zeke can do that but not with a high snap count. With a light load for a couple drives a game, or a substitution for certain situations, could work.
Come on now, you are talking about football on the field rather than reading a stat sheet. You should know better

He's not coming here ....

I’m with @Ross12. They need to better manage Stevenson’s workload because even had the Patriots made the playoffs, it wasn’t a secret that he was pretty worn down after that many games.

Obviously, last season it was a moot point but I’d definitely prefer him to be a little fresher if they’re playing meaningful games next January.

Ok well here's the other bs flying around about Hopkins... he would have taken snaps away from Tyquan Thornton (my God not that!). So like are we not invested in Pierre Strong?... another 4th round pick like Rham. Kevin Harris? I keep hearing the last two drafts were better... if we're putting these second year RBs on the back burner already then maybe not so much.

I'm looking forward to Rham being the workhorse, I won't be surprised with an all pro caliber season. Let the second year guys spell him. You also have Ty Montgomery coming back healthy and reportedly looking sharp during team workouts.

Ultra annoying.

Not actually good.

What's to like?

Ok well here's the other bs flying around about Hopkins... he would have taken snaps away from Tyquan Thornton (my God not that!). So like are we not invested in Pierre Strong?... another 4th round pick like Rham. Kevin Harris? I keep hearing the last two drafts were better... if we're putting these second year RBs on the back burner already then maybe not so much.

I'm looking forward to Rham being the workhorse, I won't be surprised with an all pro caliber season. Let the second year guys spell him. You also have Ty Montgomery coming back healthy and reportedly looking sharp during team workouts.
No idea what Hopkins has to do with this?

As far as Strong and Harris, neither of them are the caliber player that Stevenson is. Strong is a different type of back and Harris might end up being solid but not a 3-down-back like Rhamondre. The point here is to get an experienced veteran who can literally do everything your top guy can do - rush, catch, pass block - for around 10 to 15 snaps a game to take the load off that top guy. The offense doesn’t really need to change when you swap those guys. If you replace Stevenson with Kevin Harris you are probably a bit more limited in what plays you call, less versatility there.

I dont want to invest money into aged RBs, but if that becomes the reality then I would much rather go after Cook

I'd rather have Cook or a RB who could effect both the run and passing game.

Zeke does nothing in the pass game.

I’d take Cook or Zeke at a prove it, team friendly deal. Not talking peanuts insulting offer but definitely not an overpay.

Power running especially on 3rd and short and red zone takes it’s toll over the course of a season. Running game looks like it will be the strength again this season so mind as well keep the horses fresh and be prepared for anything. Especially injuries.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back