PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zeke???

Ahhh ground round near New Bedford and the York Steakhouse in Dartmouth were it for me….damn.
I seem to remember going to a Ground Round in the Revere/Lynn area on Rte 1 when I was a young lad

One of the better pass protectors at his position. Hes been top 3 forever. You know Bill is thinking about that. I wouldn't hate it bc I'm assuming he'll command a lot less than Cook.

I still think we're set at RB and want to see Strong get some real reps.
We're all set 4 RB's, counting on Strong AND Harris AND Montgomery?
=============
I think that Belichick strongly disagrees. An injury to Rham for a couple of games and we would have one of the worst RB groups in the NFL.

I have us adding a RB and carrying 4 in addition to Montgomery.

Nothing against Zeke, but I’m hoping if they sign him it’s for training camp, with nothing guaranteed so he can be cut without cost when the young legs run rings around him in preseason.

We only have ONE Running Back who’s proven himself in this league; and even if one includes 2nd-year players Strong & Harris that’s Three - total!

Or is there some secret agreement that guarantees all 3 of them won’t be injured all year that I don’t know about?

Beginning to think that Fournette, Zeke and Cook are waiting until at least the first preseason game before they make their decision.. training camp is not a favorite activity for many veterans...

Still rather sign Cook than Zeke if the cost is similar, but one of those two Needs to be a Patriot.

At the bottom-line worst, Lenny Fournette or Kareem Michael Hunt, and/or WR Kenny Golladay.

Last edited:
Still rather sign Cook than Zeke if the cost is similar, but one of those two Need to be Patriots.

At the bottom-line worst, Lenny Fournette or Kareem Michael Hunt, and/or WR Kenny Golladay.
But there's virtually zero chance that the cost would be similar.

Cook wants to play for the Jete.

Love to see Zeke play for NE. Hope they make it happen.

The Saints should also be in the QB hunt

Hmmmm

Reliable source?

Who knows but it makes sense.

Cook left the JETE with no deal and wants to maximize earnings after tax so FL helps. Not sure Cook is looking for a ring.

Zeke has been a Cowboy all his professional life, so he goes back home. Zeke was here for a long visit but no deal yet for some reason, most likely because he wants a deal not yet offered.

The Pats did not sign an extra RB with Monty out so maybe they are holding a spot for?? We will see.

You talking about my business’s UPS driver? I thought it was Gomer.

Beginning to think that Fournette, Zeke and Cook are waiting until at least the first preseason game before they make their decision.. training camp is not a favorite activity for many veterans...
Or they are waiting for first major rb injury to increase their leverage.

They had a Ground Round in the old Prudential Center mall, before the big renovation they did there in the 1990s. I worked in the “little Pru” right next to it. There was a little bar there called “PJs” that was connected, they had Ground Round appetizers and inexpensive pitchers of beer. The folks I worked with would always kick off the weekend at PJs. It was a great way not only to transition from the work week but to build comraderie. Lots of little conflicts from the week got hashed out and settled in a friendly way there, with no HR bullcrap. Needless to say that came to an end with the renovation and would not be viewed favorably by corporate weenies these days. Those were the days, boomers!

Sorry for the OT.

Regarding Zeke, I‘d be a big fan of bringing him onboard for the right price. I can’t see Cook coming here. I’d be OK with Hunt or Fournette also but am a lot more confident that Elliott would make an impact in comparison to either of them, or Strong or Harris. As many have mentioned above, blitz pickup will be crucial for the Pats this season, especially with the mysterious situation for their OT position. He can fill that need well and can get the short yardage gains that I don’t think Harris or Strong can get, especially in the red zone.

Hmmmm

Reliable source?
Of course not. Everything is Sharks of Vegas until something actually happens these days. Doesn't stop people from posting it anyway.

Not that the team are all choir boys nor need to be, but in this case it seems like a huge flight risk given Zeke is a degenerate POS scum of the earth who likes to put his fists on women. Pass.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back